Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

Guest VioletX

Hello Effrum,

Could be, but that is this guys subjective take on a video he saw briefly, sure if someone else saw what he is talking about that would be interesting . At first the video was un-enhanced and black and white, not sure how he made out anything in that.

Edited by VioletX

Hi Violet,

Apparently this guy's saying they posted the full extended video a week or so ago on you tube, only to pull it right back down in a matter of minutes. He was fortunate enough to view it before they yanked it.

Who knows...

We're all being Manti Te'oed.

No, we "all" are not.

There are plenty of us who have known this is a lie from the start. We are not giving RD any web traffic.

Sooooo did anyone contact the property owners to let them know a BF worth potentially hundreds of millions of dollars was killed on their property and stolen? RD is making the claim. I imagine the owners would be very interested (when they stop laughing, that is). RD would either have to cough up the body or admit to the hoax.

@violet - The burden of proof is on Dyer, not the rest of us. We don't have to prove it's not real, he has to prove it's real. It's no different than me saying, prove to me you're not cheating on your significant other. The burden of proof would be on me to prove you are. (just an analogy, I don't mean to infer anyone is cheating lol)

This is someone that scammed people on ebay. Scammed people with the Georgia Hoax. They're making money off the hoax DVD. His partner, now ex-cop said he was upset that RD was upset that he went from 10k hits a day on the hoax videos to 40hits a day when he formed bigfoottrackerllc.com. He needs the attention. If you know the person you're dealing with, then you have to ask, how does this fit that profile.

And reread your sentence again about what others have said about the costume. And then realize he spent six days with a hollywood level film crew. Its raises flags, not lowers them.

It could all be true. I've never said it's all a lie. But those ignorant of history are destined to repeat it. All we've gotten is hype leading up to something that everyone here will be waiting for in April. The fact that Minnow mentions Biscotti with no mention of Dyer is just repeating the same pattern of the Georgia Hoax. Biscotti funds the whole thing, Dyer gets his fame while hyping it. Expect this time they bring Musky in to view it instead of Steve Kulls who exposed the hoax. All i'm saying is remain skeptical and demand more than what's given.

• Upvote 1

Found something odd from a commenter on RL's page. Quoted and condensed to get to the good parts. Anyone seen this?

"I have seen the extended tent video. It is a hoax and it is not a gut in a suit, but a guy holding a prop bust. The man is out of view to the right as you watch the video and they had to adjust to get him out of frame and the prop in the right spot. They posted it on youtube and then pulled it. I believe this is to demonstrate that people will believe what they wish. You can even inject the truth back in and it will be denied as a sort of reverse hoax. I wouldn’t care about this at all, except perhaps I would like to go on record as one of the unfooled..."

"...I’d love for anyone else to speak up, Especially if they saw it. I’m most impressed that the video had plenty of views, but apparent not from anyone else who comments on here. This one puts me in an awkward place and now I know part of how a bigfoot witness must feel. Inside I’m laughing a bit, because I actually do KNOW the truth in this particular case, but also sad for the lost credibility in the community of "tent" believers who were so convinced. Especially FB/FB . I certainly didn’t mean to offend any fellow non-believers."

Never heard of this *Extended* version...it was taken down? So you saw another person holding a prop??..wow.EDITED: I now see you were quoting someone else.

Edited by ronn1

Guest OntarioSquatch

It seems people want his claims to be true because they want to believe bigfoot is real. Dyer isn't the right person to look to for evidence of Bigfoot. Once one takes an unbiased look at Rick's history and motives, it becomes clear that this is just another trick. He also confessed that he hoaxed the tent video.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Hey, NJJohn! Nice to see you! :)

I agree with most of what you said, except in this way: A source's "background" is important, only because we as a culture have decided it should be.... In some ways, it's not really material at all. It's not accepted in a court of law, for example. You're only supposed to look at the evidence for the crime in question; you can't say, "Well, this guy was bad in the PAST, so he must've done this bad thing he's suspected of doing NOW." Judges throw that stuff out. :) The standards for proof/evidence in journalism are a little different, but I think it's more because there really AREN'T great ways of getting at the truth right away. It takes time. It takes work. It takes thinking. And we're all in a hurry! We don't WANT to take time. We don't WANT to work at anything. So a journalist, if he wants to eat, has to follow certain "protocols". I'm not saying those protocols are bad. I'm just saying that they're not a guarantee of anything.

Hi back :)

Judges don't throw it out. It's called credibility of witness. It's the reason Dyer's partner was fired as a cop. How could he ever go to court and backup his tickets when he lied on national TV? It just has to be relevant to the current charges. You couldn't say, Dyer was a drug user, so he can't be trusted about Bigfoot. The relevance is he hoaxed the community before and it directly relates to this.

Guest miller44

I never saw it. This was a quote from someone on RL's site. Just wanted to share.

If he's one and the same the guy who made the quote is reachable as he's posted his contact info on other BF sites; I'm going to contact him and see if I can convince him to come on here to elaborate.

No, we "all" are not.

There are plenty of us who have known this is a lie from the start. We are not giving RD any web traffic.

My apologies. I meant we were all being given the information, not that all were Te'o, i.e. the one that fell for it.

Guest VioletX

@njjohn.

Is there proof he scammed people on ebay? I thought it was an identity theft situation, I do not remember the facts.

Dyer has not brought us any proof and if Musky sees a body it will only be proof to Musky.

As for Minnow, I do not believe they are a Hollywood special effects level company, although perhaps I am wrong.

I do not see Dyer as the type to pull off a "big" hoax, he was not the big time player of the 2008 hoax, this "costume Bigfoot" would be a Huge Hoax and I just do not see Minnow doing it either.

I am going with my gut, I have been wrong before so I will be happily surprised if I am correct about this ; )