Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

Uh oh. Speculating ... RD. Biscotti. Frozen fake BF a la Minnesota Iceman. Sideshow in Vegas. 'Here's the tent video as proof!' They don't let it thaw or let anyone examine it as long as they rake in the money from credulous people coming to see the dead BF.

Just an idea.

Hi back :)

Judges don't throw it out. It's called credibility of witness. It's the reason Dyer's partner was fired as a cop. How could he ever go to court and backup his tickets when he lied on national TV? It just has to be relevant to the current charges. You couldn't say, Dyer was a drug user, so he can't be trusted about Bigfoot. The relevance is he hoaxed the community before and it directly relates to this.

Hi back back. :) That's not my understanding of the law. I think the standards, in criminal cases, are much stricter than you're suggesting, but I'd have to do some more research on that. But I question the underlying logic of what you're saying. You seem to be saying about Dyer's partner that, "once a liar, always a liar"? I don't think that's true. Some people lie sometimes, and not others. Some people used to lie, and now don't. I think we're too lazy to pay attention on the basis that would be required to be satisfied that we knew, at any given moment, what was true and what was not -- which is to say, constantly. And we're too afraid. We're all afraid of what people think, so we bow to it. We pretend that public opinion -- public rush to judgment -- can substitute for truth.

I don't think it can.

@njjohn.

Is there proof he scammed people on ebay? I thought it was an identity theft situation, I do not remember the facts.

Dyer has not brought us any proof and if Musky sees a body it will only be proof to Musky.

As for Minnow, I do not believe they are a Hollywood special effects level company, although perhaps I am wrong.

I do not see Dyer as the type to pull off a "big" hoax, he was not the big time player of the 2008 hoax, this "costume Bigfoot" would be a Huge Hoax and I just do not see Minnow doing it either.

I am going with my gut, I have been wrong before so I will be happily surprised if I am correct about this ; )

So....after DECADES of searching and since the beginning of time we have NOTHING..no bodies...no bones. Low and BEHOLD...IRONIES OF ALL IRONIES...a KNOWN HOAXER is the LONE HUMAN BEING on this planet to catch one. Think long and hard about this. ;)

Edited by ronn1

Hi back back. :) That's not my understanding of the law. I think the standards, in criminal cases, are much stricter than you're suggesting, but I'd have to do some more research on that. But I question the underlying logic of what you're saying. You seem to be saying about Dyer's partner that, "once a liar, always a liar"? I don't think that's true. Some people lie sometimes, and not others. Some people used to lie, and now don't. I think we're too lazy to pay attention on the basis that would be required to be satisfied that we knew, at any given moment, what was true and what was not -- which is to say, constantly. And we're too afraid. We're all afraid of what people think, so we bow to it. We pretend that public opinion -- public rush to judgment -- can substitute for truth.

I don't think it can.

I don't mean to say always lying... but the motive is there to lie. That alone makes me hesitate to believe.

And pretend or not, public opinion is exactly what many take for truth. That's what politicians as well as those after the quick buck rely on. Reality TV has replaced quality written shows, because interesting people draw more attention than well-written characters. For some anyway.

Guest VioletX

So....after DECADES of searching and since the beginning of time we have NOTHING..no bodies...no bones. Low and BEHOLD...IRONIES OF ALL IRONIES...a KNOWN HOAXER is the LOAN HUMAN BEING on this planet to catch one. Think long and hard about this. ;)

That is one of the reasons I believe it RONN1 :biggrin:.

Do you really think that there is anything that has been said by you or anyone else here that I have not considered?

Well...sometimes we need to *step back* out of the fray and go for a reality check. That's what my comment is all about. OH..here's a reality check..I spelled LONE wrong!! It's now forever encased in your quote of my post..even though I corrected the original. LOL

Edited by ronn1

I think it's important to keep things in perspective and appreciate what's important in this whole convoluted story.

Let's face it, believers or not, this story is entertaining as hell and that's why we're all here, reading, analyzing and commenting.

I'm grateful to Violet and Jaqui for keeping the debate alive with their opposing views on this story. Without them, this thread would have died by page 2!

RD is very entertaining and, to be perfectly frank, he's fun and easy to dislike. He's the classic "bad guy." He's loud, insulting and devious. Has anybody read some of his blog posts from a couple of days ago? He's claiming that Justin Smeja is having an affair with the writer from Bigfoot Evidence...lol. There's just nothing appealing about the man except that he has a gift for attracting attention.

Last but not least, how truly awful would it be if RD really had a Bigfoot body? He'd have the poor thing frozen in a block of ice and charge $20 a head for a 2 minute viewing of the body.

I am getting a lot of satisfaction from this story overshadowing the Ketchum paper. I think MK better put in a call to RD before he pulls the rug right out from underneath her. If I were MK, any mention of a Bigfoot being found, would cause me to break out in hives.

I don't mean to say always lying... but the motive is there to lie. That alone makes me hesitate to believe.

I can certainly understand why you would feel hesitation here. :)

And pretend or not, public opinion is exactly what many take for truth. That's what politicians as well as those after the quick buck rely on. Reality TV has replaced quality written shows, because interesting people draw more attention than well-written characters. For some anyway.

Yes, I agree. Many people confuse public opinion with truth. What's soooooo much fun about this thread is that there are some brave and valiant souls on here (V, J, JJ) who don't do that.

I am getting a lot of satisfaction from this story overshadowing the Ketchum paper. I think MK better put in a call to RD before he pulls the rug right out from underneath her. If I were MK, any mention of a Bigfoot being found, would cause me to break out in hives.

You can bet your BIPPY that he has a LOT of BFers sweating this one out...LOL Can you imagine..in one fell swoop Dyer will extinguish a TON of BLOGS and a cottage industry feeding off of this *MYSTERY*>>>>*FINDING BF* Show comes to mind.