Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

Cisco, if you haven't already asked them yet, will you please ask the homeless people you speak with if there is indeed a Bigfoot around there? Or has been? I couldn't find in the thread if you asked that very question. I know we have the 911 call, but someone else who lives near that area (I think it was Irish73?) said he thought the phone call was a hoax. We are all assuming the homeless people have knowledge of a Bigfoot residing or being seen in those parts but if you could double-check, I would be grateful.

I know for a fact that the 911 call was not a hoax. It made the news here, in San Antonio, when it happened. It played for a few days and then the media lost interest. The one thing that has made the 911 story credible, in my opinion, is that the people who made the call must have known there would be repercussions; which, in fact, there were. All of the homeless people, that were camped in this area, were "evicted" from the property. In other words, they saw something that scared them bad enough to call the police. Take my work for it, homeless people do not like to call the police! In addition, there was a pretty good reason as to why the Bigfoot would be in the area. The San Antonio sanitation department had been dumping "road kill" bodies on that property and the theory, at the time, was that the Bigfoot kept coming to this property for the easy meals.

Well, I'll echo the bullet sentiment. It's got to do with transfer of forces. However, I hunt with a 30.06, 150 gr, ballistic tip. I have shot several deer in the head at close range. Their heads do not explode, it puts a good hole in the head, but doesn't vaporize it or the like.

Soft points would do more of that sort of stuff as the force gets transferred from the bullet to the body much fasters by having the bullet expand.

Also, at close range like that, I'd like to clarify, the bullet would be LOWER than the point of aim due to the arc required. This is assuming he had it sighted in at 100 yds or so. Additionally, no way ANY round from a 30.06 would only knock teeth out....

traj.jpg

Cotter, I also have a 30.06 and in fact, lol.... I also normally shoot the Federal Premium 150 grain ballistic tip, when hunting with this rifle. Without getting too boring, for the rest of our readers, the ballistic tip has very consistent penetration and does not create too much of a mess, coming out, on deer size animals, shot in the meaty section of the body. This is why I love this type of bullet and cartridge. However, when it hits any kind of bone or skull, it changes dramatically. I actually shot a boar that weighed about 420 lbs, right between the eyes, at about 90 yards, the bullet knocked it down, like it had been hit by a bolt of lightning. When I walked up to it, I pulled out a 45 pistol, just in case... and I'm glad I did as the pig started to get up and I realized the bullet had hit the "forehead" and skipped off the skull. I was able to anchor it very quickly with a shot from the pistol and consider myself lucky that it was still dazed when I walked up on it. Otherwise, it may have unzipped me like a pair of 1970's Go Go boots.

That being said, when the bullet does hit bone, at a flat angle, it really shatters the bone and the fragments will really tear through any soft tissue, in addition to the bullet itself. In the case of RD, he claims that the bullet went in at the back of the neck and exited the mouth, which would have been at an upward angle, since the Bigfoot was taller than he was. This would have hit the front part of the top pallet and made a spectacular exit wound. My guess is that it would have caught a part of the lower jaw, in an upward trajectory, take out the sinuses and surrounding tissue and bone. Messy..

San Antonio ordinances

Sec. 21-152. - Discharge of firearm.hyperlink.png

(a)

It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge a firearm within the city limits of the City of San Antonio.

( B)

It is an affirmative defense to prosecution for a violation of this provision that:

(1)

The person discharging the firearm was a certified peace officer at the time and the discharge was done in the performance of his duties as such; or

(2)

The person discharging the firearm was a certified security guard at the time and the discharge was done in the performance of his duties as such; or

(3)

The discharge was justified under the provisions of Chapter 9 of the Texas Penal Code; or

(4)

The discharge occurred at a firing range or other area designated for target practice.

(Ord. No. 79328, § 2, 12-16-93; Ord. No. 84805, § 1, 9-19-96)

These are the regulations in place. I know that if RD had discharged a 30.06 in the area where he claims, he would have gone straight to jail. It would not have mattered what the reason or intent. It's against the law to fire a rifle in the city limits. I know of a man that shot a deer, on a large piece of property, in the city limits and he was arrested and got in a lot of trouble. RD would have been subject to the very same thing, regardless of what animal he shot. I did not know that he claims the authorities came out to his camp after the shooting. This is enough to prove he's lying. Don't take my word for it. Anybody can call the SAPD and ask if it's against the law to fire a large caliber rifle at an animal, in the city limits. You'll find out that the result is jail. No "ands, ifs or buts about it."

Ihlyda, thanks for researching the wind direction. You're correct, the Bigfoot would have been down wind to the ribs or the shooter. I'll factor that in during my search.

Guest VioletX

Good point...

I will go sometimes this weekend and I'm licensed for conceal and carry. Maybe I'll run into the brother of the one RD got?

Good luck Cisco, and may the force be with you!!

You deserve more than a few daily points for going out there, maybe you could email Rick and ask him to guide you to the spot...find the tree with the Nail in it...etc.

That's just it JackiLB - I don't remember hearing of other bigfoot sightings in this area - other than the 911 call that was made.. Can anyone direct me to other reports?

This one states 'multiple eye witnesses': http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/sanantbf/

This one has accounts going back to the '70's around San Antonio http://www.cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-report/kelly-af-base-bigfoot/

This one has an interesting interview with the original 911 callers. I remember Cisco here telling us that there was an area where road kill is placed and the interview here correborates the road kill dumped giving free food for the supposed bigfoot: http://bigfootlives.blogspot.co.uk/2009/12/follow-up-on-san-antonio-bigfoot.html

Guest VioletX

I

These are the regulations in place. I know that if RD had discharged a 30.06 in the area where he claims, he would have gone straight to jail. It would not have mattered what the reason or intent. It's against the law to fire a rifle in the city limits. I know of a man that shot a deer, on a large piece of property, in the city limits and he was arrested and got in a lot of trouble. RD would have been subject to the very same thing, regardless of what animal he shot. I did not know that he claims the authorities came out to his camp after the shooting. This is enough to prove he's lying. Don't take my word for it. Anybody can call the SAPD and ask if it's against the law to fire a large caliber rifle at an animal, in the city limits. You'll find out that the result is jail. No "ands, ifs or buts about it."

Ihlyda, thanks for researching the wind direction. You're correct, the Bigfoot would have been down wind to the ribs or the shooter. I'll factor that in during my search.

But what about outside of San Antonio, would that have been a problem with the authorities there?

Edited by VioletX

I know for a fact that the 911 call was not a hoax. It made the news here, in San Antonio, when it happened. It played for a few days and then the media lost interest. The one thing that has made the 911 story credible, in my opinion, is that the people who made the call must have known there would be repercussions; which, in fact, there were. All of the homeless people, that were camped in this area, were "evicted" from the property. In other words, they saw something that scared them bad enough to call the police. Take my work for it, homeless people do not like to call the police! In addition, there was a pretty good reason as to why the Bigfoot would be in the area. The San Antonio sanitation department had been dumping "road kill" bodies on that property and the theory, at the time, was that the Bigfoot kept coming to this property for the easy meals.

Cotter, I also have a 30.06 and in fact, lol.... I also normally shoot the Federal Premium 150 grain ballistic tip, when hunting with this rifle. Without getting too boring, for the rest of our readers, the ballistic tip has very consistent penetration and does not create too much of a mess, coming out, on deer size animals, shot in the meaty section of the body. This is why I love this type of bullet and cartridge. However, when it hits any kind of bone or skull, it changes dramatically. I actually shot a boar that weighed about 420 lbs, right between the eyes, at about 90 yards, the bullet knocked it down, like it had been hit by a bolt of lightning. When I walked up to it, I pulled out a 45 pistol, just in case... and I'm glad I did as the pig started to get up and I realized the bullet had hit the "forehead" and skipped off the skull. I was able to anchor it very quickly with a shot from the pistol and consider myself lucky that it was still dazed when I walked up on it. Otherwise, it may have unzipped me like a pair of 1970's Go Go boots.

That being said, when the bullet does hit bone, at a flat angle, it really shatters the bone and the fragments will really tear through any soft tissue, in addition to the bullet itself. In the case of RD, he claims that the bullet went in at the back of the neck and exited the mouth, which would have been at an upward angle, since the Bigfoot was taller than he was. This would have hit the front part of the top pallet and made a spectacular exit wound. My guess is that it would have caught a part of the lower jaw, in an upward trajectory, take out the sinuses and surrounding tissue and bone. Messy..

What about if he claimed it was in self defence - that he had to shoot it otherwise it was going to attack him? Could he get away with it on that count?

Cisco, do you own or can you borrow a metal detector for finding possible shell casings? It would be interesting if any shell casings found matched the purported rifle used. If I lived closer I would happily lend you mine.

Just to confirm what we suspected. The Rick Dyer segment will make up just a small part of the 'Of Monsters and Men' documentary. Minnow films also travelled to Sumatra with the CZF to cover their attempts to prove the existence of the Orang Pendek. Minnow also carried out filming in North East India presumably with researchers looking for the elusive Mande Burang of Meghalaya.

Guys, there is no dead bigfoot in connection with this film.

• Upvote 1

Guest Thepattywagon

Cisco, you probably have a better chance of finding its brother buying a hotdog outside of Home Depot.

Edited by Thepattywagon

Guest VioletX

Just to confirm what we suspected. The Rick Dyer segment will make up just a small part of the 'Of Monsters and Men' documentary. Minnow films also travelled to Sumatra with the CZF to cover their attempts to prove the existence of the Orang Pendek. Minnow also carried out filming in North East India presumably with researchers looking for the elusive Mande Burang of Meghalaya.

Guys, there is no dead bigfoot in connection with this film.

Mark what is your source please? Thanks

Thanks for the links Jacki, interesting...

Guest JenJen of Oldstones

Cisco - thank you so much for answering my questions about whether or not the homeless people knew of/had seen a Bigfoot. I don't know if it was you or Irish73 who said that a BF in that area would have to be desperate for going so far up Culebra Creek (I think? I need to review the thread) from Govt Canyon.

I know we are all hounding you for questions, but just wondering, is it possible that RD used a silencer on his gun? I only know silencers from movies and books, so I am sure this is a ridiculous question. Anyone who can answer this for me, I appreciate you bearing with me. :)

In other thoughts, perhaps people who desire to have a BF encounter should find out where the local road kill dumps are...

Guest VioletX

Cisco, you probably have a better chance of finding its brother buying a hotdog outside of Home Depot.

Yes, but sounds like an adventure, I would go if I lived there ; D

Cisco, maybe local soup kitchen's and homeless shelters would have some info. In the link that Jacki shared Sharon Lee said that she called the woman who made the 911 call. Maybe she still has the number???

Long shot I know...I might ask her.

@MarkGlascow, thanks for letting us know that CFZ and maybe Adam Davies are also in the movie, maybe someone can contact them to see if they have any info...

That is pretty much common knowledge that RD is not the only researcher in the movie.

Edited by VioletX

Then if there were government officials called, there should be a public report!

Are you really that naive' ?

I hope for your sake you're being sarcastic,

Guest VioletX

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but is the homeless camp definitely inside the city limits?

It is getting to be a long thread now ; )

I believe so, it appears to be so on the map anyway, but we had many prev. pgs discussing that the shooting actually took place outside the city, yet began near the tent city. We watched several youtube videos from the trip as well where Dyer said tey were ouside of SanAntonio.

It is getting to be a long thread now ; )

I believe so, it appears to be so on the map anyway, but we had many prev. pgs discussing that the shooting actually took place outside the city, yet began near the tent city. We watched several youtube videos from the trip as well where Dyer said tey were ouside of SanAntonio.

Again...Dyer specifically said (when asked) the location was not where everyone is pointing at (Home Depot area), but was within a couple miles of it. So, if we're to take him at his word (wink wink), it was within reasonable proximity. I don't think it matters if *tecnically* it was in or just outside of city limits...you can't discharge a firearm anywhere in this general area (exceptions have already been noted)...AND..he would certainly be scrutinized and prolly charged for doing so by the *proper authorities* who would have jurisdiction in this matter. Edited by ronn1