Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

I think technically it matters a lot! They can't charge you with discharging a firearm inside the city limits, if you aren't inside the city limits.

We're talking about Texas.

Guest miller44

If Rick Dyer killed a Bigfoot, it would make no difference who he was associated with at the time, he would want immediate possession of the body. It could be the legal battle of the century and it could not be kept secret.

There is a lot of good discussion going on here, but I keep coming back to this comment by LTBF and I have to say that it is (as far as I am concerned) the single most compelling reason so far as to why this didn't happen.

After all, it's not like RD would have first signed a contract that covered who owned a body if a BF was shot... He might of signed a contract saying that Minnow owned the film rights to whatever happened, etc... But it's so obvious judging on an ounce of RD's psychology that if there had been a body (especially if he was the one who'd laid it low) he would have planted a flag in it and held on for dear life.

I think technically it matters a lot! They can't charge you with discharging a firearm inside the city limits, if you aren't inside the city limits.

We're talking about Texas.

Yeah,,,but it's not the *Wild West* of the 1800s either. Ya just can't go shooting a gun whenever it pleases you do so..let alone go hunting in areas not designated for that. I can just about guarantee, that any area within a mile or two of the Home Depot is NOT a hunting zone...nor would anyone be allowed to discharge a fire arm in that area....even if it was outside the boundary of the city.

Two miles from the Home Depot nearest where I live, you can kill a wild hog in the creek bottom, if the property owner lets you on his property, & nobody cares except the hog.

What about if he claimed it was in self defence - that he had to shoot it otherwise it was going to attack him? Could he get away with it on that count?

Shot in the back of the head as it was walking away, is not self defense!

You don't have to be in designated "hunting zones". You just have to be at least a quarter mile away from a structure when discharging a firearm. Unless you have permission from the owner, then you could be closer. Outside city limits of course. Most land in Texas is private land so with the owner's permission, it can all be a "hunting zone".

You don't have to be in designated "hunting zones". You just have to be at least a quarter mile away from a structure when discharging a firearm. Unless you have permission from the owner, then you could be closer. Outside city limits of course. Most land in Texas is private land so with the owner's permission, it can all be a "hunting zone".

Well..I'll say he wasn't on private property. Having said that....show me where it's legal (not including the special cirumstances San Antonio law includes) to fire a weapon within 1-2 miles of commercial property and NOT being on private property.. Again...we're not talking about the special circumstances mentioned in San Antonio Law.

Cisco, I imagine if you go to that area you should be able to follow a road or trail large enough for a vehicle to drive on. We saw Dyer with his truck behind the home depot so there should be something back there. Also, I highly doubt that a film crew would hike too far from a vehicle with all of that equipment. I doubt the authorities would have walked very far from their vehicle either. Maybe you can find a camp site and see where they had their fire. Good luck.

It should be easy to tell if the area is in the city limits, but where I live there is a large area with a Home depot, Lowe's, walmart, and a whole lot of other stores and they are not in the city limits.

Cisco, I imagine if you go to that area you should be able to follow a road or trail large enough for a vehicle to drive on. We saw Dyer with his truck behind the home depot so there should be something back there. Also, I highly doubt that a film crew would hike too far from a vehicle with all of that equipment. I doubt the authorities would have walked very far from their vehicle either. Maybe you can find a camp site and see where they had their fire. Good luck.

It should be easy to tell if the area is in the city limits, but where I live there is a large area with a Home depot, Lowe's, walmart, and a whole lot of other stores and they are not in the city limits.

So, does that imply that he had *card blanche* to fire a weapon outside the city limit?

Ronn1, I was just mentioning that it is possible that it's not in the city limits. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of the story. To be clear, I very seriously doubt this story is real and don't have one good/positive thing to say about Dyer.

It's possible that everyone there told the cops it was going after one of them and Dyer shot it. I don't know how all the police are in that area, but here in Georgia police officers don't always take shooting guns as seriously as some places do. Of course it's different in big cities, but idiots definitely shoot guns in the city limits and nothing happens. Ironically Dyer is from Georgia even though I hate to admit that. .

Here is a quick story about shooting guns. Last year a friend of mine was outside his house doing yard work and heard 2 or 3 gunshots. Right after the gunshots he heard the bullets whiz by over his head and they hit and went into the siding of his house. His small children had just been outside too. They are out of the city limits, but less than a quarter mile. He was outraged and called the police. A deputy came out and he just said oh that's probably such and such over there shooting at bottles or something and I will go talk to them. That was all he said and did. He just told them to be careful where they are shooting. This was in a neighborhood and the bullets had to have passed through several other peoples yards before it hit his house. Heck the mayor even lives 100 yards behind my friends house. I honestly still can't comprehend that it happened and it boggles my brain how stupid some people can be with guns.

Sorry, I guess it wasn't that quick of a story and it's not the same has shooting in the city limits, but I wanted to tell it anyway, lol. I have definitely know of other people shooting inside the city limits and no police show up.

Ronn1, I was just mentioning that it is possible that it's not in the city limits. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of the story. To be clear, I very seriously doubt this story is real and don't have one good/positive thing to say about Dyer.

It's possible that everyone there told the cops it was going after one of them and Dyer shot it. I don't know how all the police are in that area, but here in Georgia police officers don't always take shooting guns as seriously as some places do. Of course it's different in big cities, but idiots definitely shoot guns in the city limits and nothing happens. Ironically Dyer is from Georgia even though I hate to admit that. .

Here is a quick story about shooting guns. Last year a friend of mine was outside his house doing yard work and heard 2 or 3 gunshots. Right after the gunshots he heard the bullets whiz by over his head and they hit and went into the siding of his house. His small children had just been outside too. They are out of the city limits, but less than a quarter mile. He was outraged and called the police. A deputy came out and he just said oh that's probably such and such over there shooting at bottles or something and I will go talk to them. That was all he said and did. He just told them to be careful where they are shooting. This was in a neighborhood and the bullets had to have passed through several other peoples yards before it hit his house. Heck the mayor even lives 100 yards behind my friends house. I honestly still can't comprehend that it happened and it boggles my brain how stupid some people can be with guns.

Sorry, I guess it wasn't that quick of a story and it's not the same has shooting in the city limits, but I wanted to tell it anyway, lol. I have definitely know of other people shooting inside the city limits and no police show up.

Well..this situation is not typical. There is a FILM CREW...he apparently shot and KILLED an animal...unknown to man,,,,so>>

do you think PANDEMONIUM RULES HERE? This isn't an errant gun shot in the dark...this is a KILL with a film crew freaking out. Get the picture now?

Edited by ronn1

Lol, yes I got the picture a long time ago. You could be 100% correct, but I'm just trying to look at all sides of it and sort of play devils advocate. While what you are saying about him being arrested makes a lot of sense, it is not necessarily what would have happened. There is a small possibility that everyone calmed down, called the authorities and said he shot it because it was going after somebody.

I feel too much like I'm taking Dyer's side on this so I'm going to stop because that is the last thing I want to do.

Lol, yes I got the picture a long time ago. You could be 100% correct, but I'm just trying to look at all sides of it and sort of play devils advocate. While what you are saying about him being arrested makes a lot of sense, it is not necessarily what would have happened. There is a small possibility that everyone calmed down, called the authorities and said he shot it because it was going after somebody.

I feel too much like I'm taking Dyer's side on this so I'm going to stop because that is the last thing I want to do.

Everyone calmed down?.. think about it....even though he wasn't arrested...you can't avoid Law Enforcement comming in here...especially with the film crew having to deal with this. The crew was responsible to Minow Films and they certainly didn't want to break the law. So..it's a certainty that law enforcement would be brought in>>>>IF this went down...which it DIDN'T. Edited by ronn1

So after Dyer shot the unknown hominid. The authorities showed up had a quick look at the strange human ape type creature that no one has ever laid eyes on before, shrugged their shoulders and merrily went on about their business.

The discovery that there is huge 8ft 700lb man beasts scavenging in a densely populated area seemed fairly reasonable to Chief Wiggum and his men. Hell, he even let them keep the body of this biological miracle to freak out the folks of San Antonio at a later date.

Violet - I'm UK based and managed to find out quite a bit more about the forthcoming doc from a very good source. It's shaping up to be a very good film which will be of great interest to us all but not for the reasons stated in this thread.

So after Dyer shot the unknown hominid. The authorities showed up had a quick look at the strange human ape type creature that no one has ever laid eyes on before, shrugged their shoulders and merrily went on about their business.

The discovery that there is huge 8ft 700lb man beasts scavenging in a densely populated area seemed fairly reasonable to Chief Wiggum and his men. Hell, he even let them keep the body of this biological miracle to freak out the folks of San Antonio at a later date.

Violet - I'm UK based and managed to find out quite a bit more about the forthcoming doc from a very good source. It's shaping up to be a very good film which will be of great interest to us all but not for the reasons stated in this thread.

lol spot onï¼ do fill us in