Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

So after Dyer shot the unknown hominid. The authorities showed up had a quick look at the strange human ape type creature that no one has ever laid eyes on before, shrugged their shoulders and merrily went on about their business.

Living in an area where nobody much, including the law gets freaked out over a gunshot here & there, I can see him not being arrested for shooting. What I don't quite understand is that TP& W didn't come & get the body.

Unless, somebody there thought fast, made up a story about it all being "just a movie" & the cops smiled & left. (Assuming that they were even called.)

Guest VioletX

Violet - I'm UK based and managed to find out quite a bit more about the forthcoming doc from a very good source. It's shaping up to be a very good film which will be of great interest to us all but not for the reasons stated in this thread.

Thanks Mark- This is very interesting information as you can imagine, do you mind letting us know why your source is privy to the details about the documentary, is he really ensconced in the bosom of Minnow?

Guest wudewasa

OK I got it. Rick Dyer is a known hoaxer that has gotten a film company to drink his hoax flavored kool aid, and has now made an extrordinary claim that he obtained video and shot a bigfoot.

He is distrusted by all, but his story is compelling to some, so people attempt to rationalize the notion that is story might be true.

Thirty six pages later, the rehashing continues with tidbits added about his forthcoming show.

Guest WldHrtRnch

Have any of you zoomed in on a google map or bing map and looked at the area? It appears it is in the city limits. Granted some Home Depots and Wal Marts may be more rural, but this particular one is not. Other woods that might be within a ten minute drive is the Government Canyon St Natural Area that appears to be gated with fees to enter and camp with park rangers and likely to be very strict about firearms, pets are restricted to certain areas. http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/government-canyon There also appear to be some other wooded areas somewhat close, but the fact that he changed his story after the area was identified as being very inhabited and unlikely does not lend any credibility. Have a look on a map with bird's eye view. I have a great imagination, but this is so far fetched I just can not even imagine that it actually took place. It is interesting that 36 pages later the tidbits are rehashed.

Guest VioletX

^^Thanks but, we have covered this topic a few times,lol.

According to RD he was outside of San Antonio. He mentioned this in videos during his SanAntonio expedition as well as not too long ago on his FB page.

This is a long thread but if you go back yesterdays posts follow this same topic.

Guest WldHrtRnch

^^My point exactly. Some seem to have missed that topic altogether. Have a look at the area on a map. It just does not seem very reasonable that all this could have occurred anywhere in this area, to me anyway. I've followed the topic since inception, and it really is fascinating.

Hi guys/gals, I’m new to this story and felt a little compelled to run a new theory about the video across you all, if someone else has brought this up my apologies for missing it 36 pages of threads are a lot of reading so I might have missed it.

So here’s my thought on it. Minnow films are making a documentary about people who chase after monsters, as in many documentaries (monster quest, finding Bigfoot ect. Ect.) They always do an interview then cut away to a re enactment of the event. Dyer and the crew are in San Antonio so they can film him tracking down Big foot at a fresh sighting, production crew decides it’s a good time to do some re enactment filming so as there doing it Dyers in his tent and is filming with his phone.

1: This would explain why he’s in the area with a film crew

2: This would explain the big food creature costume

3: Rick Dryer goes into I need attention mode and fills in the rest of the story with the shooting.

Minnow films most likely had no idea he filmed it But with the release of his video and his story The PR guys at the studio probley figured with the stir it was creating in the BF community that this was free word of mouth advertising that money couldn’t buy so their keeping quiet and mysterious on the whole deal.

Have any of you zoomed in on a google map or bing map and looked at the area? It appears it is in the city limits. Granted some Home Depots and Wal Marts may be more rural, but this particular one is not. Other woods that might be within a ten minute drive is the Government Canyon St Natural Area that appears to be gated with fees to enter and camp with park rangers and likely to be very strict about firearms, pets are restricted to certain areas. http://www.tpwd.stat...vernment-canyon There also appear to be some other wooded areas somewhat close, but the fact that he changed his story after the area was identified as being very inhabited and unlikely does not lend any credibility. Have a look on a map with bird's eye view. I have a great imagination, but this is so far fetched I just can not even imagine that it actually took place. It is interesting that 36 pages later the tidbits are rehashed.

There was a satellite shot of the area around the Home Depot already posted. He said the actual event took place within a couple miles of that location. That would still put it in the area you described.

Guest VioletX

Hi guys/gals, I’m new to this story and felt a little compelled to run a new theory about the video across you all, if someone else has brought this up my apologies for missing it 36 pages of threads are a lot of reading so I might have missed it.

So here’s my thought on it. Minnow films are making a documentary about people who chase after monsters, as in many documentaries (monster quest, finding Bigfoot ect. Ect.) They always do an interview then cut away to a re enactment of the event. Dyer and the crew are in San Antonio so they can film him tracking down Big foot at a fresh sighting, production crew decides it’s a good time to do some re enactment filming so as there doing it Dyers in his tent and is filming with his phone.

1: This would explain why he’s in the area with a film crew

2: This would explain the big food creature costume

3: Rick Dryer goes into I need attention mode and fills in the rest of the story with the shooting.

Minnow films most likely had no idea he filmed it But with the release of his video and his story The PR guys at the studio probley figured with the stir it was creating in the BF community that this was free word of mouth advertising that money couldn’t buy so their keeping quiet and mysterious on the whole deal.

Good ideas, but aren't those reenactments done in CGI in modern times; )

In my head I am picturing a BF puppet theatre now with Rick Dyer in the forest. :D

There was a satellite shot of the area around the Home Depot already posted. He said the actual event took place within a couple miles of that location. That would still put it in the area you described.

I thought he said it was a 10 minute drive from the area in question...

Good ideas, but aren't those reenactments done in CGI in modern times; )

In my head I am picturing a BF puppet theatre now with Rick Dyer in the forest. :D

I thought he said it was a 10 minute drive from the area in question...

I heard Dyer say a couple miles from *Home Depot* area....never gave a time as far as I know.

Guest WldHrtRnch

CGI costs? Quite expensive, no? Maybe they were trying to stay on budget? Good theory, frosty. You're right Violet, at this point, who knows? :wink:

I still find it unbelievable.

I don't think it was CGI, it was a costume. i know they do it with CGI on Finding Bigfoot because it looks so hookie..lol

People are saying it can't be CGI because it was shot through a screen inside the tent *window*.

FYI: The area that we have been discussing is well within the city limits. In fact, SAPD were the ones that responded after the homeless people witnessed a Bigfoot and called 911.

I've always thought the 911 sighting had some credibility. There are several green belts that would allow a Bigfoot to get into the city limits, under cover, so to speak.

However, there is no way that RD could have fired a rifle in the city limits without a response from the police. Sea World is less than 3 miles from the area he was in. Believe me, there are a lot of police in this area because of the tourism.

San Antonio is a big city and very spread out. This is why traffic is really not an issue. However, we have plenty of police and they would have responded to a rifle shot very quickly.

I love how RD keeps altering his story as we find more info. He first claimed that he shot the Bigfoot in the area we have been discussing. However, after I went and spoke to people there, he the claimed it was "10 minutes" away. What is that supposed to mean? Ten minutes in what direction?

If he went west, that would mean he would be someplace off 90W or I10. Most of that land is private property.

This story is simply not true. He originally claimed it happened in San Antonio and we know that it would not have been possible, if things happened as he described.

I'm thinking its a waste of time to even go out there again. If I get any pertinent info, he'll just say it happened 10 minutes away. Then, if I spent a week covering a 10 mile radius, he would just say it was 12-15 minutes/ miles away.

He is a liar and will never admit to what really happened until he's painted into a corner.