Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

I don't really see a *debate* here at this point...either Allen will confirm or he won't. If he does...then it's *debateable* whether he's telling the truth or not.

I don't really see a *debate* here at this point...either Allen will confirm or he won't. If he does...then it's *debateable* whether he's telling the truth or not.

Yes the story is waiting for Musky and more developments...then it is debatable again. :)

Guest WldHrtRnch

But isn't this the way hoaxes go? Announce an extraordinary claim, a tease or sorts, wait, let everyone speculate. Then involve some other BF well-known names to try and ad to credibility, then more waiting, more speculation, then nothing. Or it is revealed it is a hoax?

But isn't this the way hoaxes go? Announce an extraordinary claim, a tease or sorts, wait, let everyone speculate. Then involve some other BF well-known names to try and ad to credibility, then more waiting, more speculation, then nothing. Or it is revealed it is a hoax?

Yes. However...the thing about Musky is that he's been a very *vocal* skeptic..long before the recent Dyer antics. The fact he's having to sign a *9 page NDA*..seems to go against him being in on the hoax. Having said that...it's certainly possible they're throwing that in to *spike* the hoax's credibilty.

Guest WldHrtRnch

ah, the dreaded NDA, lol And . . . the more the merrier huh? Vocal skeptic or not, he's fb friend's with RD, and there's that "spoof" website of RD about the "hoax" of 2013 with Allen's photo. Too convenient for RD, remember him saying he told "ten" different stories about the 2008 hoax and any who believed him were idiots? This is his insurance, he can revert to saying, well . . ."it was there, on the web, any of you who believed were idiots"

Why is there even a 40 page thread on Rick Dyer? He doesn't deserve it.

I think we are just entertaining ourselves? :girlsmile:

Why is there even a 40 page thread on Rick Dyer? He doesn't deserve it.

I would agree..but this isn't about Dyer anymore. I think what intially gave his *story* some credence was the fact that FB/FBF people gave his TENT VID a TWO THUMBS UP and portayed it has the #2 of all time vid behind *Patty*. The break down of the vid supported it's authenticity. Now..I'm not convinced..but this is what really boosted Dyers story to where it is now. Is this a hoax? I say YES...but the story has gone to a new level with this Musky Allen viewing comming.

Guest WldHrtRnch

The video didn't do it for me. Nor does Musky being involved, nor the Minnow Films spin. It was actually JaquiLB & Violet's belief and adding plausible theories to this thread that kept my interest. The fact that people really believe this might be true just fascinates me. The area where he purported to have killed this BF is totally insane to me. I don't care if there were some sightings in 2009, I don't care about the 911 call in 2009. The story is too outlandish for me to put any faith in at all, especially considering the source.

The video didn't do it for me. Nor does Musky being involved, nor the Minnow Films spin. It was actually JaquiLB & Violet's belief and adding plausible theories to this thread that kept my interest. The fact that people really believe this might be true just fascinates me. The area where he purported to have killed this BF is totally insane to me. I don't care if there were some sightings in 2009, I don't care about the 911 call in 2009. The story is too outlandish for me to put any faith in at all, especially considering the source.

Like you..I'm fastenated by how this HOAX (in my mind) will all play out now. We're certainly going see if Allen *confirms* within a week or so.

Why would your cameraman friend know anything about this? Unless he/she worked on the documentary, or knows someone personally who did, I can't see how they would be privvy to any piece of information. Minnow are an independent company who make documentaries not just for the BBC.

And despite the fact I don't know MarkGlasgow from Adam, for some reason I believe him over Rick Dyer. Why would he be lying?

Lee

It was quite clear early on that Minnow were not going to release any info. Luckily there was some freelance folks who were part of the production team.

I've posted most of what I know about the film a few days ago on here. It's still a full three months before the premier so It's only right I don't add much more.

I'm sorry if my update disappoints some of you but this film isn't just about Rick Dyer although full credit to the guy for squeezing so much out of his '15 minutes' of fame.

Quick update:

I just got back from the sight where all of this happened. I need to gather all if the info I collected and will report back on this thread. It will be an hour or two so please bear with me.

It's pretty clear Minnow is comming out with a documentary on BF Hunters and Dyer will be covered. That doesn't imply in any way that his fairy tale is true. It's apparent he used his presence in the film to perpetrate a hoax. It's also possible, that it was HIS ROLE in the film.

Edited by ronn1

Quick update:

I just got back from the sight where all of this happened. I need to gather all if the info I collected and will report back on this thread. It will be an hour or two so please bear with me.

Very cool!

Quick update:

Ah Cisco - cant wait to hear what you gathered!

Jeez dont listen to me WldHrtRnch...I'am bonkers!!

It was quite clear early on that Minnow were not going to release any info. Luckily there was some freelance folks who were part of the production team.

I've posted most of what I know about the film a few days ago on here. It's still a full three months before the premier so It's only right I don't add much more.

I'm sorry if my update disappoints some of you but this film isn't just about Rick Dyer although full credit to the guy for squeezing so much out of his '15 minutes' of fame.

What was it you posted MarkGlasgow? Dying to know :)