Release Of Forensic Dna Results For Sierra Kills Sample

Guest Tyler H

Guest Tyler H

Wow , unbelievable ., it was already stated, but the only conclusion that can be drawn is that the sample contains bear DNA ,no quotes necessary as this is a true conclusion based on the data, so you are not correct that it cannot conclude anything. Additionally, your original statement that the data cannot confirm that it came from a BF would be true of any sample submitted as there is not a sequence to compare against . Therefore the only conclusion that could have been drawn in the best of circumstances in this regard is , that it came from an as of yet unidentified North American primate.

I think you are forgetting Brystal, that if BF is mammal, it should have turned up when the universal mammalian primers were used.

Conclusions:

• The sample only contained 2 mammalian contributors
  • The contributors were human (most likely Justin - unless the squatch shares Justin's haplotype)* and bear
  • The single strand hair test yielded only bear DNA and I am told that it did so in expected amounts

While I had heard at one point that Melba was claiming the "squatch" in her sample was human haplotype A, I have been told more recently that that is not the case. So, if the squatch is NOT haplotype A, then that means the human contribution is even more likely to be Justin. (and Bart's lab confirmed that with genomic DNA.)

Guest reelback

This can only be speculated on crabshack, and has been several times now.

The forest floor is LITTERED with animal remains. if you look hard enough in a square foot, you will likely find bone remnants and hairs.

I have to disagree with this. Remains disappear very, very quickly in a forest.

Tyler, I didn't miss that part. I was just trying to create a scenario in which everything discussed, thus far, would make sense without calling anybody a liar. This is the only scenario that allowed for that. All other scenarios would involve somebody being dishonest.

Is that possible at this point? Didn't JS state everyone got the same sample? If so, its impossible someone is not lying.

Their time would be better served tossing dresser drawers for jewelry and valuables, and rummaging through everything. Did his computer also get stolen?

Can someone say how they gained entry, what rooms were hit, and what types of things were taken?

To me, the talk of roberies are a killer blow to the potential of this being true. Sorry, but I'm just not willing to believe someone cares enough about this to commit a felony. Or some govt agency does. Its just too fantastical.

Sorry RockAPe - I've lost track of this at this point. If you like, re-phrase what is being asked, and I'll see what I can answer.

No need to rephrase. As I pointed out, you've already answered it. I didn't understand why you were addressing it again.

Guest BartloJays

To those who are getting irritate at having to repeat themselves in multiple posts. Rather than getting snarky might I suggest cutting and pasting together a list of links to your previous posts and then cut and pasting that list into your replies. I'd suggest a more pleasant tone in your responses as well since sounding as some do makes others of us feel that you're being less than truthful and sound extremely defensive.

I'm going to hope it's just a matter of frustration but please realize many of these responses do not put one in a favorable view.

Just trying to help with free and full communication.

Blessings

Actually, I think your suggestion is a good one and noted, but I would contend you're in the minority in regards to our tone as many feel with some of the contentions or outright suggestions of motives, with no evidence other then perception from us being candid and honest and a few posters unfamiliarity with us personally, our tone is very appropriate as neither of us is going to just sit back and have any Tom, **** or Harry think they're going to try and bully us for doing what we know was the right thing. I'm not concerned with acceptance as I feel mighty comfortable (this is nothing) like a quarterback playing at home here rather then an opposing quarterback on the road in a hostile environment. I'm not saying that as an arrogant jerk, I'm saying it because we know we're telling the truth and did the responsible and ethical thing and I believe most here know it, hence most of the contentions are literally coming from left field and will not be substantiated in any form because there's zero substance to them (BFRO agenda/conspiracy, "intentional" discrediting campaign of Dr. Ketchum, labs are part of conspiracy, little switch-a-roo on tissue by Justin... with absolutely no benefit for him etc...).

There will be a lot more clarity here soon on some things, so let's try and focus on the science part of the discussion as I'm really enjoying the contributions of GenesRus and CTfoot for example, guys that understand these reports even better then we do (not saying a lot with respect to me btw).

Guest tomafoot

Not true - As GenesRUs pointed out - it's quite normal to start with a homogenizing of the whole sample. The second round of testing has clearly been stated (many many times) to have attempted to remove contamination, by doing a single strand hair test. In said test, there was essentially only one contributor - Bear. The minute trace of human contamination still present at that point, was so small that they could not even get a viable sequence out of it to compare against any other human DNA to try to match it.

Tyler,

Concerning Huggins_2, the report states: On initial examination, the sample consisted of a piece of hide with hair attached. A single hair

was treated to extract DNA. The extracted DNA was processed to determine the species of origin.

And the sample accessioning indicates: Hair and hide in vial with clear liquid Huggins_2

Also: Hide with hair Huggins_1

I think I've read everything that you've posted, so forgive me if I missed it somewhere, but can you talk a little bit about these samples? Was Huggins_1 submitted frozen or was it dried? What was the liquid component of Huggins_2? Water? Saline? Alcohol? Buffer provided by the lab? How were these samples related to each other? How were they processed by you?

Also, for the analysis of Huggins_2, was the single hair plucked from the hide or was it a loose hair in the sample container?

SSR Team

If a wolf eats a coyote, is that cannibalism?

If a person puts a ;) at the end of a post, is that not a sign of it being jokey or do you still take it so literally ?

I think Tyler H and BartloJays have done a fine job of presenting proof of their claims in literally an open forum. (at least they do have the data claimed) Ketchum has not done anything openly except make huge claims and media releases with nothing to substantiate them. I think Tyler H and BartloJays both are trying to look out for one of Ketchums sponsers that has been very good to the bigfooting world. Rightfully so in my opinion.

In my opinion proponents of bigfoot should be behind these actions, and questioning Ketchum and her claims/data/motives at this point. She's done nothing but talk.

Edited by LWD

LWD,

I can assure you Melba has done much more than talk. I am very familiar with this study, probably more so than anyone on this forum. I can also assure you that if I didn't know it to be 100% valid I wouldn't be here speaking to it the way I have, risking a 27 year reputation in Sasquatch research. Also, the sponsor you speak of is a dear friend of mine, and his interests are also very important to me. At the end of the day, her study will be out and people will see just how much effort has been put into it, and see that these samples have been worked on by some of the most reputable labs in the US using the most cutting edge technology available.

DR

LWD,

I can assure you Melba has done much more than talk. I am very familiar with this study, probably more so than anyone on this forum. I can also assure you that if I didn't know it to be 100% valid I wouldn't be here speaking to it the way I have, risking a 27 year reputation in Sasquatch research. Also, the sponsor you speak of is a dear friend of mine, and his interests are also very important to me. At the end of the day, her study will be out and people will see just how much effort has been put into it, and see that these samples have been worked on by some of the most reputable labs in the US using the most cutting edge technology available.

DR

So why the need for this reassurance? If you're confident then there's no need is there?

LWD,

DR

Derek you seem like a nice guy from your posts. I've noticed you were involved in a few other bigfoot related evidence claims as well. The pros have good reason to defend the claims made. I'm reminded of a few old sayings.

Until its proven, it's just another claim. So far that is all it is. 100% valid is a bold statement. Can you back it up? Do so.

Edited by AaronD
to remove adult content

ronn1, why the need for reassurance? I'd be happy to tell you. I'm fed up with people running her down, that's why. This woman has stepped up and taken on this challenge to further advance this field of research, and I for one am grateful. Most scientists won't touch this subject. When I hear someone say that all she's done is talk it's really laughable.

DR

Guest FootDude

I think Tyler H and BartloJays have done a fine job of presenting proof of their claims in literally an open forum. (at least they do have the data claimed) Ketchum has not done anything openly except make huge claims and media releases with nothing to substantiate them. I think Tyler H and BartloJays both are trying to look out for one of Ketchums sponsers that has been very good to the bigfooting world. Rightfully so in my opinion.

In my opinion proponents of bigfoot should be behind these actions, and questioning Ketchum and her claims/data/motives at this point. She's done nothing but talk.

LWD...

Based in what they've presented, the only thing that Tyler and Bart can prove, is that the piece of meat Justin Smeja gave them generated a positive for bear DNA.

They can't intelligently speak about Melba Ketchum's study because the thing hasn't even been published yet.

Period.

LWD,

DR

Very nice post Derek.

Derek you seem like a nice guy from your posts. I've noticed you were involved in a few other bigfoot related evidence claims as well. The pros have good reason to defend the claims made. I'm reminded of a few old sayings.

Until its proven, it's just another claim. So far that is all it is. 100% valid is a bold statement. Can you back it up? Do so.

Why haven't you asked Bart and Tyler to do the same?