My Theory Why Bigfoot Smells

I once went totally vegan for 2 months for health reasons. ( Trying to lower my cholesterol) This means no meat, cheese or milk. After about six weeks I started noticing that people who were heavy meat eaters started to smell a little bit like well how can I say this, well like spoiled meat. On some of the vegetarian sites, other people had commented on this too.

I think Bigfoot eats a greater amount of meat than we do and maybe some meat that is a little off and we are smelling it through his pores.

What do you think?

You have to remember too, that not all sightings, even close up ones, always include an observation of the creature smelling. Depending on the weather, the time of the year, overall terrain and constant proximity to water may all influence 'if' they appear to smell or not. Just a though.

I've often wondered if Bigfoot gives off this offensive smell like a skunk, as not all sightings include a report of noticed odor.

Ever watch the Alligator Boys? There is an episode where they make fun of they guys hat because it stinks especially when it rains. They say it sounds like a wet dog, the worst rotting garbage smell, rotting meat, etc... It sounds exactly what people say squatches smell like. Since they are at least great apes or possibly part human, it might just be BO.

How about the dirty wet doggy smell. Might BF partake in the unusual meats ? Or, is it just dirty, hairy, and doesn't have good grooming habits ?

Edited by imonacan

Guest truetalk

i disagree. obviously i cant be 100% certain but i dont think the bigfoots eat alot of meat i think most thier diet consist of mostly vegetation with the occasional meat. i know that ostman said he was with them for 6 days and they ate no meat while he was there. he said they ate vegetation that included some type of grass that was sweet with some types of nuts

the smell? i think that smell they give off is some type of defense mechanism like skunks have. plus i think being they are covered in hair that when they get wet they eventually have a mildew smell

Guest thermalman

My son-law's brother is a big game tracker and guide up in Northern Alberta and BC. He tells me that Grizzly bears smell exactly the same as what's described about BF, rotten meat, wet hair/fur, rotting garbage, etc. So, based on that description, maybe BF is a lot more carnivorous than we know? :)

Edited by thermalman

Guest armchairesearcher

I've been following a different theory on why some witnesses report a type of odour. First of all, as I was reading through many of the reports about a foul smell accompanying their sighting, I noticed that almost all of them involved the sasquatch displaying some kind of aggression towards the witnesses. Just look it up for yourself. Whenever you see a report about someone feeling something watching them, or stalking them, chasing, rock throwing etc. that's when people also report some kind of steamed wet socks smell.

So my theory is that they have some sort of defensive gland, that releases the odour when they want to scare off unwanted visitors to their to territory, whether it be rival groups, humans, or some kind of predatory animal. My theory would make sense because, honestly, you think the big guy would be a practical hunter if every deer 5 states over will be able to smell him wherever he is?

Maybe some eat more meat than others and that is why some don' t seem to smell as bad. I have read sightings where one had a dead fawn caring it around with the hide pealed up. It might have been on a Finding bigfoot episode.

armchair, I could see something like that. That' s why deer hunters use that noscent detergent for hunting.

I don't think any primate... could become that large, stealthy, fast, muscular, or intelligent.. without protein in their diet.

What they eat.. might have nothing at all to do, with the ones that smell bad.. and nothing more than them being wet, unwashed, or some kind of a stress hormone release that might cause the smell.

What a few of us smelled... was like a dirty wet dog. It was wet outside, with occasional drizzle. The smell came and went, but was around for hours. No idea if it was a sasquatch, but have never smelled anything quite like it before. I did extensive research on the plant / tree / pond life in the area, thinking it was something natural, that happened when it rained. Came up with nothing, other than white pine needles (cat **** pine) that smell like urine, when crushed. It's possible..there was an animal around, that just smelled like what we smelled.

It could be a defense mechanism, similar to that gorillas exhibit. They smell bad when they get upset. So maybe they are or recently were upset.

Do adult male humans ever smell bad from being upset?? I never heard of it.

OR

Maybe just the adult males smell bad?

If it is from their diet, God knows what they eat that they smell like THAT.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Guest Graydog52

I saw an bigfoot evidence video. A researcher biking on an Ohio country road found two hogs roadside.He stopped to investigate,thinking they were hunting dogs,They looked normal at first ,but, when he poked one with a stick : it was empty. Something or someone had pulled its' innards out through its' mouth:skull,spine ,internal organs.They left the skin intact.

He began looking around and found a skull with a hole in it , and, the brain missing. He found the spine and ribs , all organs were gone.

My skeptic wife threw me this explanation:Bigfoot's reported size would mean he either has to eat all the time ,or, he has to find sources of high levels of specific nutrients. So, in order to obtain the "B" complex vitamins required to fuel a one thousand pound body.He needs to eat brains, lungs, hearts,intestines,livers.

Sometimes he will kill and eat that and leave an apparently good carcass for the other animals.The ferocity with which he hunts makes me wonder if he goes into something similar to a shark's feeding frenzy.I don't see any other animal able or willing to try and challenge his appetite

I also theorize that this behavior is more attributable to a young male than to an older wisened bigfoot or a female.

I thought this worked ,because, if you smell like what you eat. then this would explain why bigfoot smells like a bushel of spoiled guts