My Theory Why Bigfoot Smells

Guest Graydog52

I think some bigfoots seek the aroma as awarning. Anything that can stand smelling like that must be death defying.It has made people physically ill. I have heard of bigfoot catching a skunk and eating its scent gland. I have also heard of bigfoot who exhibit no stink.

Guest TexasTracker

Apocrine glands all the way..... try smelling a human that has not bathed in several weeks.... you might think his odor is unnatural as well ;-)

Do you think smell attributed to BF can keep tracking dogs from following it´s scent? As far as I know they have not been successful at tracking them.

I always got the impression that it wasn't that the dogs couldn' t track the BF, but they were scared to track them and refused. I could be wrong though.

^ I know two books full of cases were dogs refuse to track. I don´t even want to get into that because people here will start to think im some type of marketing sales person for them. :D

Anyhow, it must be the BF scent that scares the dogs so badly they refuse to track.

I once went totally vegan for 2 months for health reasons. ( Trying to lower my cholesterol) This means no meat, cheese or milk. After about six weeks I started noticing that people who were heavy meat eaters started to smell a little bit like well how can I say this, well like spoiled meat. On some of the vegetarian sites, other people had commented on this too.

I think Bigfoot eats a greater amount of meat than we do and maybe some meat that is a little off and we are smelling it through his pores.

What do you think?

As a meat eater I notice the same thing with vegans..........

You all smell like Garlic and Onions!

:(

• Upvote 1

I knew a girl who took a gazillion vitamins everyday. After a while she began to smell like a vitamin. Another friend trying to loose weight ate a lot of carrots. Her skin started getting an orange tint to it. Who knows. I believe you about the garlic. Bahaaa

I once went totally vegan for 2 months

What do you think?

I think people would smell like big walking filet mignon's and I would be chewing on their legs.

No soap in the woods maybe? lol

Yes, this is why they stink. I doubt Bigfoot takes regular baths, and wipes with toilet paper. My work unfortunately has me dealing with people who are homeless and some of these people are very dirty, and therefore they stink like you wouldn't believe, especially when we remove their shoes & layers upon layers of clothes. I would assume the smell of Bigfoot is very similar.

Edited by Mounty

It could be a defense mechanism, similar to that gorillas exhibit. They smell bad when they get upset. So maybe they are or recently were upset.

Do adult male humans ever smell bad from being upset?? I never heard of it.

OR

Maybe just the adult males smell bad?

If it is from their diet, God knows what they eat that they smell like THAT.

You bring up some good points. I know that when my dog becomes frightened he lets off a terrible odor; it is the glands and a defense mechanism I believe. Most mammals have it from what I have heard. Humans have glands as well, although from what I have heard the scent is not strong enough for us to notice, although other animals can.

We own goats, and to keep our milking does from smelling we have to separate the buck. Every male goat we have had has had a terrible smell to it, because it is natural for them and partly caused by their scent glands. That possibly could be a cause as well.

What someone eats can effect how they smell, so I don't doubt that could be the case as well.

Not cleaning up on a regular basis can also cause someone to smell terrible and fur/hair that has old food and dirt matted in it won't help the matter either.

So if some, or all of these things were the cause, it would make a very smelly creature.

A lot of interesting posts in this thread.