The Ketchum Report (Continued)

Guest Admin

Maybe you are the 'unkown male proginator' DMK is referring to?

Any wild party nights about 15,000 years ago that are a bit 'hazy' for you?

:-)

Yeah ... That was about the time Beer was invented....... Right ?

I think I remember one night..... My bad ....

Pat W. and Tom P. were reported on JREF as having said they never even saw the paper,

1) How long have Pat W. and Tom P. been members of the JREF forum?

2) Who vetted that these posters were who they say they are?

I'm assuming what you are referencing here isn't hearsay posted by a "critical thinker" on that forum, right? Hearsay doesn't even come close to credible evidence. At least in my world it doesn't.

Tim B.

Pat W. and Tom P. were reported on JREF as having said they never even saw the paper,

This, actually Pat W. said he saw an early version of the manuscript prior to publication. Another detail lost I guess.

I never said that Pat and Tom were JREF members. I stated that they were REPORTED to have said they had never seen the paper. One of the JREF members claimed to have contacted all of the coauthors, and Pat and Tom were the only ones who responded.

Both here and in other forums, the coauthors/labs have been reported to have contradicted what Dr. Ketchum has claimed. I suppose if you don't believe it, you can contact them yourself.

i saw this apparent April Fool Joke yesterday and now today via a new FB group "Sasquatch Evidence.

The link http://aldf.org/article.php?id=2389 was provided via Dr. MK today April 2,. without any qualifying statement, and on the linked website there is a comment by MK PR person recommending they contact Dr. MK!

I saw the date it was posted (and not well linked in the original website..just a fun post) and I thought April Fool, but in the text found only one other clue of an obvious joke (I thought) in the words "is filing," as most legal advocates don't make a press release until they "have filed," and a link to the complaint also included.

I won't bother to discover if they can file against these particular Texas agencies, because i do think it's a joke.. even though they are well versed on the status or our BFdom and apparently the Texas regulations. Anyone? Liesureclass perhaps you can legal eagle this for us ..?

The last comment, by the one who found pleasure in the ruse, well...par for the course, right?

wait! maybe this is too off topic/? not sure anymore just what is relevant for this thread..but trying to change laws based on her study seems like it might be...is this a real attempt by an existing group or a joke and another example of BFers long suffering hope?

Edited by apehuman

Ape - unfortunatly I think your right. The courts IMO and state governments really do not want to touch anything BF IMO without definitive proof.Not saying they don't have proof and it is filed away, just saying they don't want to touch it. With that said "if" proof was presented then IMO at that time the legal system would have to respond.

Wow, I gotta find a better way to test My family DNA ... The one ( chain of custody thingy ) that I did years ago was nothing like y'all are stating. I must not belong to the tree they stated I belonged to...

Me too........this is ridiculous the way some people pick at nits when the lice are consuming their brains....

No one from Nat Geo came to my house and watched as I swabbed the inside of my mouth, specifically the backside of my cheek. However when I got the results it was an absolute picture of my ancestry on my Mom's side, just as I suspected except for the HUGE trek my ancestors made from Ethiopia.

What do you people want anyway? I do not understand why this (the results) is such a horrible thought for some of you. What the hell did you expect?

Sasquatch or if you prefer Bigfoot, is NOT just a monkey!!!! Dang, have you seen the hands on them?

Guest njjohn

Sun, this has nothing to do with whether they are real or not, or if they're ape or human. If you claim something, you need evidence. If you claim something in science, you definitely need to have the evidence. Period. Just stating something doesn't prove it.

When you do your family DNA, you don't claim to maintain forensic qualifications for a chain of custody. Dr. Ketchum did. And when you start seeing the multiple claims she's made that turn out false, you see that something isn't right.

I would be absolutely thrilled if BF were proven today. If the results of this study had proven it true, I would be shouting it from the rooftops. But she didn't, and the constant contradictions show that there's much not being said publicly.

I never said that Pat and Tom were JREF members. I stated that they were REPORTED to have said they had never seen the paper. One of the JREF members claimed to have contacted all of the coauthors, and Pat and Tom were the only ones who responded.

Both here and in other forums, the coauthors/labs have been reported to have contradicted what Dr. Ketchum has claimed. I suppose if you don't believe it, you can contact them yourself.

Why would I chase down hearsay- and from a very biased source? I just go on the assumption that it's tainted by the agenda that drives that forum. Hearsay is convenient to keep the "conversation" going, but it isn't reliable evidence in my estimation. I'd like to stay focused on the facts.

Tim B.

• Upvote 1

In fact, I'll help you:

Tom: helixtom@wowway.com

Andreas: holzen@tamu.edu

David: (214) 920-5952

Douglas: (817) 293-4304

Pat: (318) 227-2889

Aliece: (817) 553-6565

Fan: Fan.Zhang@unthsc.edu

Sarah, Ray and Ryan appear to be former employees of DNA Diagnostics and are virtually impossible to locate online unless you pay for online people-finder services. DNA Diagnostics has employed no one since Dr. Ketchum closed the lab last year.

1) How long have Pat W. and Tom P. been members of the JREF forum?

2) Who vetted that these posters were who they say they are?

I'm assuming what you are referencing here isn't hearsay posted by a "critical thinker" on that forum, right? Hearsay doesn't even come close to credible evidence. At least in my world it doesn't.

Tim B.

Call then yourself Tim, they are not hard to find, and they both are willing to talk with you on the phone. neither are members of JREF BTW, and Pat will tell you about him currently doing the elongated head people samples if you ask him.

No he said she said - just call em up and ask for yourself!

This, actually Pat W. said he saw an early version of the manuscript prior to publication. Another detail lost I guess.

If you want to be completely accurate, he told me he saw a draft somewhere along the line, said he made minor corrections, like spelling and punctuation, and he resized some photos for better publication quality.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Both here and in other forums, the coauthors/labs have been reported to have contradicted what Dr. Ketchum has claimed.

I'm shocked!

(sarcasm :))

Guest thermalman

TM - yes on both accounts.As to the first question, If there was an NDA, they would have said they can't say. They did say they wouldn't answer questions on the data other than to say they did no analysis. They didn't reveal anything that would have jeopardized an NDA in anyway.

And agree with Silent Sam. The chain of custody is up to forensic standards by Dr. Ketchum's saying so. If she didn't claim it to be so, I don't think it would have mattered that the labs were never included on it. But because of the standards she stated, it just shows another contradiction in a long line of contradictions.

And as contradictions go, you haven't seen anything yet.

Just saw my first contradiction njjohn. You say you did due diligence on Dr. Raymond Wallace, correct? Good on you, but the person mentioned in post #2202 is actually Dr. Rayford Wallace....... BIG oooops! So much for Melba's puny extra comma mistake?

Edited by thermalman