The Ketchum Report (Continued)

Guest Admin

Guest miller44

Does he have this on tape (the conversation between him and Ketchum)?

No JS claims a couple of people overheard the phone conversation, but he doesn't have a recording. He also mentioned that he debriefed with the others who heard it the next day and they were able to remind him of a couple of details which he'd forgotten.

squatting squatch gave a superbe synopsis of the entire recording in his 2:47AM post. I can't really think of anything to add.

@ Miller44, thanks.

.......passing out and waking up sore........

I hardly ever post, but I just had to: I almost died laughing when I read that....

You know: I don't even find the mind speak and crowds of BF that shocking. I mean, Smeja allegedly met three BF at once, but there are some things...

What a mess... (IF this is true of course)

Did anyone expect that every sample would come back as BF? This seems absurd to think so from the start. Perhaps some submitters should have submitted some true negative samples (blindly), just to see what would happen. It is called the "negative control". I understand the contributors are all attached to their samples, so would likely send in there best, but when the study finds

" All 111 screened samples revealed 100% human cytochrome b and hypervariable region 1 sequences with no heteroplasmic bases that would indicate contamination or a mixture."

I find this suspicious. No, unbelievable. The probability of this is near zero. No one else concerned by this?

I think you're assuming a lot here. She screened the samples before she sent them to the other labs. I understand that there were 200 or more samples actually submitted to her. She screened them & ruled out some, & did her tests. Then she sent them to other labs for further testing. I sent her two samples & she ruled out one of them.

The one I sent that she ruled out, I would have bet the farm that it was BF. I found it one morning after they had been eating apples from my tree. It was a clump of white "hair" that I found about four feet above the ground. It smelled like some of the worst BO I have ever encountered. She said it was some kind of "fiber", & was "some of the nastiest" material she had ever seen.

I still don't know what it was, but it could have been from a stuffed toy that one of the little ones had picked up somewhere.

Anyway, your theory that everything she tested came back as bigfoot, is a little off....

On the linked Smeja interview - think this will percolate for a while.

Seems those with a deep stake in the study can find out the truths they need to know, but we might never and will be left with a "who do you believe" situation, perhaps a more divided "community" than ever before....just melting into whatever view suits us! Nothing new there, eh...in Bigfootery??

Oh! I feel jaded....

I agree with JS the telepathy stuff is not really the issue, as we all know many report strange mental and/or physical responses in close encounters, and the whole ESP issue is up for debate among humans/religions and has been...forever...and the DNA analysis should be independent of such...so.

I can say that JS has seemed eager to meet with F&;W to initiate a change in hunting regulations since a member here presented him the idea in 2011, and he has willingly met us to discuss doing so.

He also does not appear to have received any remuneration for his role in this, beyond loaned trailcams from OP (who took them back) and now a thermal camera from Wally?

He does have a big stake in this though, his word - for the rest of his life - and possibly future monies (? not sure, as he has said he seeks no profit) if proven, which might soften a loss of hunting license, which I do think JS expects.

I don't think anyone takes the claim of prosecution for murder too seriously, but i don't know...if MK did feel that way why did she not report this to authorities immediately and offer that sample genome to GenBank as an unknown...or any number of routes...? That argument 'proves too much!' as they say....

One truth we already know: this work did not pass any significant peer review.

For me the continued claim by MK that it did is telling enough.

But, that might be overlooked by many, especially when MK announces in interviews she has proven her claims.

So, i do hope we get some clarity soon from other DNA studies...

Edited by apehuman

Justin's statement is out and it doesn't look good for Ketchum. This clears a lot of things up in my mind.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tucky, I think you meant this:

BFF Patron

Yep, same sordid mess, Act II!

Pick your poison I suppose. You can get the Happy Meal version or go find your own.

I think you're assuming a lot here. She screened the samples before she sent them to the other labs. I understand that there were 200 or more samples actually submitted to her. She screened them & ruled out some, & did her tests. Then she sent them to other labs for further testing. I sent her two samples & she ruled out one of them.

The one I sent that she ruled out, I would have bet the farm that it was BF. I found it one morning after they had been eating apples from my tree. It was a clump of white "hair" that I found about four feet above the ground. It smelled like some of the worst BO I have ever encountered. She said it was some kind of "fiber", & was "some of the nastiest" material she had ever seen.

I still don't know what it was, but it could have been from a stuffed toy that one of the little ones had picked up somewhere.

Anyway, your theory that everything she tested came back as bigfoot, is a little off....

Thanks for the update. I am a bit late to the whole MK project (following probably a year now). Good to know there were samples rejects. But in reading the paper I don't recall it saying something like - "207 samples collected, 111 passed initial review and sent out for genetic analysis". But still, all 111 samples came back positive for human cytochrome c! Still amazing, but not as shocking as what I have been reading this am!

And it is not a theory, it is what is stated in the paper - if she had not added the word "all" that would have been better then. All 111 samples had to be either human contaminated or BF, although MK states they were no "heteroplasmic" bases, so this should rule on human contamintion. And could you tell me what samples in the end she determined to be BF - I can not find any statement saying which samples of the 111 were deemed positively IDed to be BF. I might have missed this, so please let me know if it was in there (or if you have any further thoughts on this).

it would go a long way to back up the conversation with MK, with some proof of the conversation, other than other people said they heard it.

...and MK could provide some proof of her claim that Justin swapped samples to give to Bart & Tyler.

Believe (or not) who you want. It seems pretty clear to me who the more credible party is here.

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 1

crabshack,

Do you believe or know that the above statement is true and that it's a fact? If not, then maybe you should retract it, you know, it's a shame but this is how false rumors get started....hearsay is hearsay.

Well the link doesn't work for me either. Why not just put it on Youtube- then everyone can see it? Sounds like the line has been drawn in the sand- either the author of the published report is a liar of the hunter who was hunting bear out of season. I guess we are left to make our own judgement.

Well the link doesn't work for me either.

Did you try the one in post 312?

Listening to the video of Justin I can't help but feel bad for Wally and wonder if he has heard Justin's tell all.