The Ketchum Report (Continued)

Guest Admin

Guest BartloJays

It feels good to have this out finally and all cards on the table now.

Everything Justin said was 100% true though I wasn't there for the conversation with Melba obviously but he called me within an hr of getting off the phone with her. Btw, that was the only error I could detect from Justin. He stated we talked the next day, it was actually the same night and to say he was rattled, deflated, frog in his throat etc... Is an understatement.

I also cant tell you how bad I wanted this out long ago (was very pissed off about it), but regardless of multiple witnesses, it's "hearsay" and we needed to first check the evidence and be responsible about it.

Anyone have doubts about what he's saying, answer me this... How did she prophetically know what a regular lab would get if he got the sample tested ......all the way back in Jan 2012? She must've figured out it was "a bigfoot" through regular, not next gen testing methods to confirm that to Justin so quickly after receiving the sample. Matter of fact, the genome wasn't supposedly complete on Sierras until "after" Nature turned the paper down.

Also what gives her the balls to call him and tell him to destroy that sample? Maybe she's already tested it with regular methods, knows it's not a bigfoot and thinks he doesn't believe his own story so of course he's going to destroy it. The last thing he's going to do is call me upset and tell me "I think she's a fraud."

Say what you want about Justin, but he could've stayed shielded by her as she's essentially "protecting" and "perpetuating" the so-called "hoax," instead he came to me and we tested with promise of transparency. Thankfully, Tyler was promised a piece from the beginning and we're both fairly like-minded, so we joined forces to hit two labs, one Canada, one US, one University, one private, one specializing in animal dna, one that specializes in human dna.

I think most of you know who's telling the truth here in regards to the ethics behind the scenes (the shootings need substantiating evidence more then poly and later thermal footage). Just look at actions and motivations. i also tried to leave you hints along the way.

Better put some money on the story behind the boots then friend, LOL!

I'm now thinking the best thing that could happen in that "camp" is for them to withhold

the boots and cash-in now.

I find your suggestion insulting frankly .... "that camp." No, we're getting boots tested as was always the plan. If they yield something, great! We're going to give it our best shot. But that's my problem, and my dollar, thank you for your concern. If we get nothing, then move forward researching the hell out of that site in the summer and try to get any evidence we can. I cant guarantee there was bigfoots there on Oct 10 2010 but I can guarantee there was bigfoots there Aug 25th 2012.

Edited by BartloJays

BFF Patron

I find your suggestion insulting frankly .... "that camp." No, we're getting boots tested as was always the plan. If they yield something, great! We're going to give it our best shot. But that's my problem, and my dollar, thank you for your concern. If we get nothing, then move forward researching the hell out of that site in the summer and try to get any evidence we can. I cant guarantee there was bigfoots there on Oct 10 2010 but I can guarantee there was bigfoots there Aug 25th 2012.

My opinion is that I don't give truth to the Smeja story. I am sorry if you were insulted by my opinion. I don't believe Ketchum and I don't believe Smeja.... if you have some hidden message it is up to you then to play those cards too. I'm not invested in this story (and certainly not invested in the Ketchum antics or study). I'm a grown man and I've made my decisions based on what I know.

That said, I admire your work and attempt to out hypocrisy. Doesn't change certain things for me and I don't care how many lie detectors somebody passes. If there is more to discuss I'd certainly take it up in Tar Pit.

• Upvote 1

Aren't most of the submitted samples from people just wandering through the woods, and happening to see some hair somewhere? Does anybody actually claim to have seen the BF event that led to the gathering of the hair samples? Did any of the submitters actually know that the hair came from an actual BF?(I'm not being snarky, btw...Honest question) Submitters are 'hoping' it came from a BF, correct? DR's case is the only one I know of where there was reason to believe his sample actually may have come from a BF.

Scott Carpenter was pretty certain he could narrow it down to one of three bigfoots he has on trail camera.

http://bf-field-journal.blogspot.com/

Bart - is your Oklahoma report coming soon? Tyler said and I believe you said there would be more pictures of the sample? I'm only mentioning it because the picture BFE is using to promote this interview isn't matching up with MK's picture. I know you said the pictures would show they are the same, but BFE's picture is doing the exact opposite.

Guest BartloJays

Bip-

You are a good guy and absolutely entitled to your opinion. I respect that. What I don't respect is the "why bother" testing evidence part. You ask "why," I ask "why not." if it's not there because it never was or it's not retrievable then so be it. At least we tried.

Njjohn-

I think that's because you're looking at tissue piece minus Ketchum's piece and salted piece.

Give me 36 hrs as report done and I want to add a few sentences of text today and Ro will be available to upload by tomorrow early evening, if not we may be able to do it ourselves earlier.

Edited by BartloJays

Guest Tyler H

Oh. My. God.

Wow.

The stench is now overwhelming. That is super sketchy to say the least.

Has anyone seen the SGP site lately? It's a complete disaster. It's appearance is emblematic of how unprofessional this whole thing has been. And now we have this latest news...which is absolutely criminal.

If true, which I believe it is just based on the track record thus far, what does that say about her character to suggest that an EXTREMELY rare sample be destroyed?

Justin contacted me after the phone call as well - but I think it was the next day, or possibly later.

I asked him "If you claim to have just won the lottery, and that a friend is holding your ticket, would you call that friend, and tell the friend to destroy the ticket?"

No, you would tell that friend to preserve the ticket at all costs.

Furthermore, Justin's statements mirror my very first red flags about Melba:

Both Derek Randles and Adrian Erickson told me that 'Only Melba can get the Bigfoot results we we are looking for. Other labs will just get regular animals, or human.'

It was from that moment on that I bailed, and wanted to have a secondary independent source also test Justin's tissue. That was December of 2010, I think (or possibly early 2011) that I had those conversations with Derek and Adrian.

BFF Patron

Bip-

You are a good guy and absolutely entitled to your opinion. I respect that. What I don't respect is the "why bother" testing evidence part. You ask "why," I ask "why not." if it's not there because it never was or it's not retrievable then so be it. At least we tried.

Njjohn-

I think that's because you're looking at tissue piece minus Ketchum's piece and salted piece.

Give me 36 hrs as report done and I want to add a few sentences of text today and Ro will be available to upload by tomorrow early evening, if not we may be able to do it ourselves earlier.

No, I don't dispute testing evidence, maybe something didn't come across properly...... I specifically said if the boots had a chance that it would break things wide open...... I think my comments are spread across three threads and the Tar Pit now..... I just don't have confidence in this "episode" involving killed sasquatches. If you support your guy that is your prerogative, I know you are a team player and I respect that.

I just can't wrap it up without the physical data...... if Ketchum got it right with Sierra's sample from Justin...... then far from me to be able to tell it from what has been presented by her. If Smeja has Sasquatch blood on his boots and contaminants like salt water have not degraded that...... then I suppose it is a slam dunk..... right?

I can't imagine washing bloody clothes after such an affair if there was a discovery to later be parading around. I also can't imagine continuing to wear the same boots with the samples on them. That is some of the incredulity that I bring to the table.

During my very first face-to-face meeting with Justin, within the first hour, he and I had a private conversation at the kill site. I suggested this to him, and he said he had already suggested this very same idea. He wanted to send a chunk of bear to Melba, and see what she said it was. He was talked out of it by someone who did not want to jeopardize the relationship with Melba. Someone felt it would have been disloyal to try something like that. I disagreed.

Why would anyone want to send a sample in and say it was from a suspected species, yet knowing that it wasn't? Why would there need to be a such deception implemented to begin with? This idea of even thinking about pulling a deception, doesn't set well!

Why would anyone want to send a sample in and say it was from a suspected species, yet knowing that it wasn't? Why would there need to be a such deception implemented to begin with? This idea of even thinking about pulling a deception, doesn't set well!

It was because of what she said in the phone call that's why. Which also doesn't sit well.

Also, in regards to that interview. I can live with the braiding, family of five, dreaming, and psychic stuff. Why? Because the context is ambiguous and unknown. I can see if someone is working diligently on something that they would dream about it, especially if they were stressed about it. I used to dream about working at Starbucks sometimes years ago because it was so nightmarish. They psychic stuff like it speaks to me etc. could be put down to an allegory or being a metaphor as to how powerful of a symbol that the alleged Squatch Steak is/was. Braiding? I'm open minded about that. Sounds crazy, but I think they are very intelligent and not dumb apes as Justin suggests. Family of five? Makes perfect sense. I don't know why Justin would have an issue with this. Again, seemingly dumb solo apes theory espoused by Justin. He also doesn't buy the stick structures. But he's new to the field so I have to take his knowledge base with a grain of salt until he gets caught up to speed. He speaks with the arrogance of a hunter, a killer, who sees all creatures as inferior and deserving of death for consumption or hanging on the wall. Case in point is shooting from the passenger seat of a truck.

But what comes across loud and clear is his testimony on Hersom and the sample. There's very little wiggle room for interpretation there.

Edited by Cornelius

It is a negative control, to test the validity of the process. It is no different than sending a sample to an independent lab without disclosure of your suspected source (exactly as done by MK) - prior knowledge can bias the outcome!

If someone had purposely sent in bear, and MK came back and said "sorry, it was just bear", I would be happier with the rest of the "positives".

It is a negative control, to test the validity of the process. It is no different than sending a sample to an independent lab without disclosure of your suspected source (exactly as done by MK) - prior knowledge can bias the outcome!

If someone had purposely sent in bear, and MK came back and said "sorry, it was just bear", I would be happier with the rest of the "positives".

Yes, negative control. Precisely.

As to the number of samples, I don't think we've gotten a confirmation on an exact number of how many were submitted. But Ridge, it should have been easy enough to figure out there were more just by the sample #'s that were tested. Sample 140 shows there were more. The way the report is listed shows the ones that passed screening up to 111. The sample #'s are more out of that range.

As to the number of samples, I don't think we've gotten a confirmation on an exact number of how many were submitted. But Ridge, it should have been easy enough to figure out there were more just by the sample #'s that were tested. Sample 140 shows there were more. The way the report is listed shows the ones that passed screening up to 111. The sample #'s are more out of that range.

Yes, it is there in table 1. It looks like 167 samples were submitted (possibly more). My bad.

But my main point is the quote:

" All 111 screened samples revealed 100% human cytochrome b and hypervariable region 1 sequences with no heteroplasmic bases that would indicate contamination or a mixture."

Still an amazing result.

Edited by ridgerunner

I would agree. There's something that's not been discussed or intimated in the paper regarding the outsourced samples. Dr. Ketchum has said that when she sent samples out that she had told the labs the samples were human. I assume this was because she was having them do a specific test in which she knew what the outcome would be, and seeking affirmation. I wonder if this suggestion could influence the results or change the protocol when blasting. She claims she had replies from the labs saying it wouldn't blast and "what is this" as a common response. With so many samples providing fully human mtDNA it seems she was testing what should be positive controls for human, but getting negative results for human on those tests. The reports about the male lineage being responsible for the novel DNA still makes me wonder about the Y chromosome DNA and if any could still be had from my sample.