The Ketchum Report (Continued)

Guest Admin

It was my impression and opinion based on described characteristics of human hairs. I'm not an expert on it, but do try to inform myself on what to look for based on published information. I do think I can distinguish Bear hairs from human hairs.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet you were wrong on that. Not because I doubt your ability, but because professional forensic hair analysts have a relatively high error rate - usually around 10% in lab trials, and probably higher in the field where hair is often degraded or damaged.

You might look into the vacuolated medulla known in bear hairs, then see if it ever occurs with any frequency in human hairs. This is what I would key on among other things.

He said he saw the animal that left the sample, looked different, don't see why you have to be an expert just to give an opinion

Am I reading this right?...SY saw the animal that he collected the sample from? I was under the impression that all of the samples were just plucked from the woods. Cue 'assume' quote:) That's interesting, if that is the case.

The more I research this subject the more I am believing that misidentification is certainly taking place but not of sightings of Sasquatch that are really bears, but sightings of bears and really big guys in coats that are most probably Sasquatch. People don't like to see things they don't want to see lol. To many, the choice between believing what your eyes, ears, and nose tells you and being chronically terrified or denying your senses and continuing without fear is weighted on which makes you feel better.

Could not agree more. How many times have we gone, oh that had to be an xx? Count on it. Numerous sightings are going unrecorded. Note i didn't even mention the bear's snout. Another dead giveaway.

Edited by DWA

Could not agree more. How many times have we gone, oh that had to be an xx?

Not just ourselves rationalizing, but others who are afraid but can't admit it rationalizing for us, or even bullying us to change our story to make themselves feel better. I don't want to drag this off topic, but (1) BTDT, and (2) thanks for speaking up.

MIB

Am I reading this right?...SY saw the animal that he collected the sample from? I was under the impression that all of the samples were just plucked from the woods. Cue 'assume' quote:) That's interesting, if that is the case.

I did not see the animal that left the hair. There was a recent claimed sighting in the area where it was found. So you could say someone else claimed to see it, then myself and associates collected a sample there. The spot of collection was not the exact spot of the encounter to my knowledge.

I did not see the animal that left the hair. There was a recent claimed sighting in the area where it was found. So you could say someone else claimed to see it, then myself and associates collected a sample there. The spot of collection was not the exact spot of the encounter to my knowledge.

Sorry SY,I misquoted you, I thought it was you who saw them leave the sample, do you know witch sample that was submitted that did see the sample being left behind ?

PacNWSquatcher

I believe in one of the interviews it was said that samples being left were witnessed, I thought SY was one of them, but evidently,

i was wrong, it won't the first time, and know for sure it won't be the last. :)

Edited by zigoapex

It was my impression and opinion based on described characteristics of human hairs. I'm not an expert on it, but do try to inform myself on what to look for based on published information. I do think I can distinguish Bear hairs from human hairs.

Great. lets test your ability! i will send you 6 - 10 samples, you can tell us what they are. i will have an independant confirm the samples, they can watch me prepare them, or I can ask them to prepare them without telling me, and they will have the results A-priori, sio i cannot change them after your ID, sound fair?

Edited by slowstepper

Sounds like a lot of trouble to go to just to prove that somebody isn't an expert, when they already said they aren't an expert.

JMO, but it almost borders on trolling.

• Upvote 2

Are we talking only human and bear samples? Just post the pics here and I will give you my opinion.

ETA: Also, just post a pic of the hair at a midway point in the shaft, where the medulla is well formed.

Edited by southernyahoo

Leisureclass wrote:

a cultural assessment of the sasquatch and their rituals?

Well - I am glad it won't be a mandatory class I have to take.. Cause I won't be signing up for this trip down "your long lost uncles christmas celebration."

She needs to finish what she started.

Edited by Melissa