The Ketchum Report (Continued)

Guest Admin

It looks like Ketchum's co-authors will not publicly support her paper.

Linda Moulton Howe:

Also, I contacted one of the eleven scientists referenced by name as contributing to the genome research. He confirmed that his lab did the DNA extraction for Dr. Ketchum, but he would not agree to an on-the-record interview because the controversy the DeNovo article has provoked about an alleged Sasquatch hybrid threatens the credibility and livelihood of his lab and other scientists. The Catch-22 is: his lab extracted the DNA. Other scientists did blind genome sequencing and their results match Dr. Ketchum's. But as soon as those labs and scientists learned the DNA under study allegedly came from the unproved Sasquatch creature, then they backed off from vouching for their own work.

Co-authors that won't support their own work. Lil

http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=2070&category=Science

The Journal of Advanced Zoological whatever.... sold to DeNovo has resurfaced as FAZE.

http://advancedzoology.blogspot.com/

The ever faithful Casey Mullins is at the helm.

Believe it or not they are focusing on Hominid Behavior Studies.

They want to provide assistance in "support of scientific writing" along with a bunch of other peer reviewed stuff.

Success breeds success.

Yup, because every legitimate journal publishes on a blogspot website.

And they're registered in the Bahamas.

Edited by WV FOOTER
BFF Rules Violation

One of the moderators here might be good. How about Masterbarber? Would you be good with sticking to the list I provided of known animals in the area of my find?

sure no problem, let me check with masterbarber see whats up

Yup, because every legitimate journal publishes on a blogspot website.

And they're registered in the Bahamas.

Also take a look at the bottom of that webpage.

"All rights preserved"

Just like the Denovo journal website. Casey has a twitter.

https://mobile.twitt...m/mullins_casey

Seems pretty squatchy. I would guess Casey Mullins is Robin Lynn.

Here's a post from Casey on RL's website:

casey_mullins (@mullins_casey) on March 5, 2013 at 10:08 AMRobert,Your blog is fabulous!! Thanks for all the information.If Ricky Dyer has a body it must stink by now or he has it in his famous freezer!!Bigfoot is so interesting. I have Dr. Ketchum’s paper and read it several times. I listened to that Linda Moulton Howe interview and then I found a transcript of it at http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=2070&category=ScienceIt doesn’t seem to say what you wrote: “One point she made that I really liked was when she said that she had the Bigfoot hairs sent out to a university. The university confirmed that Bigfoot hairs have a variety of qualities that are completely different from human hairs. This expands on Fahrenbach’s work with Bigfoot hairs. Her paper also noted that she sent the Bigfoot steak from the Sierra Kills to a research department at a university. The researchers stated that the steak looked very much human, but had a number of qualities that differentiated it from human tissue.None of that seems to be in the interview or the paper by Dr. Ketchum. Did you get your sources mixed up?,Thank you,Casey.

Sounds like Robin pimping Ketchum's study to me.

Edited by AaronD
to edit quote that was in violation

BFF Patron

This is the website of

The Foundation for Advanced Zoological Exploration TM

Mission: The Foundation ( "FAZE" TM) has three missions:

1) To encourage multidiciplinary research in Zoology including all areas of hominin behavior studies

2) To provide support of scientific writing, peer review, and publication of advance zoological studies in a peer reviewed scientific journal to be published by FAZE.

3) To support advanced research by field researchers outside of the walls of academia

FAZE will consider grant applications from persons with appropriate life skills, technology and creativity who meet our standards of compassion and ability.

Mission statement, just in case the Bahamian corporate offices slip into the sea, and the lifeboats have holes in them. LOL.

"All Rights Preserved" dead ringer give-away, advanced zoological exploration with the "d" missing a close second.

So reading the thread and finally putting some of this together. Tyler keeps saying the Samples that Melba and they have are the same.

I am not looking to blame anyone here for anything. I am opening the case for reasonable doubt about Tyler's claim that the pieces are the same. Since he is in here claiming they are the same and that his tests show bear while Melba’s do not. I do understand that it is believed they were not hoodwinked by Justin or that Justin had no reason to lie. Well the same can be said for Melba. But as one looks at the whole situation Justin has reasons just as Melba does. So this is what I found out between several websites and blogs. So here is the breakdown I could come up with.

October 2010 2 Weeks after the shooting Derek convinced Justin to go back to the Sight to look for evidence. The were digging in the snow and they found some pieces.

“After digging though the snow for many hours they were able to find a piece of flesh, greasy fat and hair, but no body. The flesh and hair matched the color of the larger one exactly. White gray hair with some black in it.â€

“I then asked him to forward a small piece of the flesh to Dr. Ketchum to have it analyzed for the current DNA study she's involved in. I cannot speak to the results at this time due to an NDA I've signed, but I will say that I 100% believe the story. “

source: http://www.olympicproject.com/id16.html

“relayed to him after initially submitting the sample to Dr. Ketchum in mid-November of 2010.â€

“According to both Justin Smeja and his partner Jack, shortly after returning home from the Sierras site with the tissue sample (“recovered sample,†minus cut piece See Figure 1#) in the early evening of November 12th 2010 and per instructions from WA researcher Derek Randles, Justin immediately cut a piece off of the main tissue that was roughly estimated at about 25% of its total mass (See Figure 2#). bout 60% of that piece (which was prepackaged) was shipped directly to Dr. Ketchum for her “study,†per Justin’s wife, within 48 hours.

Source: http://www.sierrasiteproject.com/

So this was confirmed by several people and most everyone agrees with the above.2 weeks after he went to the Kill site. Now we only have Justin’s take on the total amounts cut and packed. Since the samples were not received by Tyler and Bart till July 2011. see below.

“The remaining 40% of that piece was eventually “salted†for preservation purposes so Justin could bring it with him to meet all of us at the Sierras site in July 2011 for a “remains search.†(See Figure 3#) Within 5 days of submitting this sample, Justin was notified indirectly through Dr. Ketchum that his sample was “looking good for a bigfoot†through preliminary and undetermined testing. It’s important to note that at no time prior or after that determination was made and relayed to Justin, was a sample of his DNA requested or collected to rule out potential contamination. “

Now do we know that Justin kept his freezer at a constant temp during the 7 months? Do we know if the Sierra Project did the same.

Source on storing dna

“Thus, only if specimen are to be stored for a long time it is

recommended to keep them frozen (-20°C in a normal freezer, -80°C in an ultra freezer or -180°C at liquid

nitrogen), if specimens still need to be examined or if the box they are stored in needs to be used frequently;

keep them in a fridge at around +4°C.â€

Source: http://science.naturalis.nl/media/323024/preservingdna.pdf

So here Tyler and Bart Claim that Melba never asked for a sample of DNA. Again we are taking one person’s word on this. We are expected to believe Justin because he took a lie detector test.

As many people have explained the test is flawed. It was done in a place where there was distractions.

Some issues I have: Question 8 of the Lie detector.

8.) Is the entire “Sierra Kills†story a Hoax? He answers no and it is truthful but the wording said Entire. I think the Question then a bit later on not directly should have been are any parts of the “Sierra Kills†story a hoax or a lie. You usually ask similar questions at different parts of the questioning to see if he has maintained the turth.

We know that some issues were already around with the Sierra Project Justin and Melba so the questions are not from an independent source. I am not saying Justin is lying but I am bringing up doubt about the issue for a reason to doubt the validity of the claim the samples are the same.

So back to the samples:

Per the Sierra Projects blog

“In June of 2012, I decided it would be best that since we’re testing the Sierras tissue with a second lab that we include a piece of the salted tissue to confirm the subject species of origin was identical to the frozen tissue. After requesting and receiving a small sample of the salted tissue from Wally, I sent off that portion to Dr. Cassidy’s lab (See Figure 4#), while Justin simultaneously sent off a frozen piece of tissue (See Figure 5â€).

At this point, Dr. Cassidy requested a sample from the submitter, Justin Smeja, which we had previously offered to provide. Amusingly enough and because of time, On October 20th 2012, I swabbed Justin “after†Bigfoot Discovery Day V event in Felton, CA, immediately after my presentation. On November 5th, 2012, Dr. Cassidy notified me that the samples contained mold and we needed to try again. Dr. Cassidy then sent us a kit from his lab and we got Justin’s DNA swabs back to him on November 28th, 2012â€

So Tyler you can not confirm beyond reasonable doubt that what Justin gave you is the correct piece. The piece you received according to your own writing has about a 7 months time frame where you were not in control of the samples. Then you obtained the sample it was not sent to the lab till 2012. It is also confirmed that Bart had to have the Dr. Send a Swab kit because his first Swab was not good. So this could lead to Bart not storing the Material properly or handling the sample correctly as well. I am not blaming Bart just adding that it is possible that he didn't handle the samples correctly. As the general public we do not know.

The only thing Sierra Project's DNA test can prove is that the sample you had was from a bear. It can not prove or disprove Melba’s as being the same.

I understand you and several have issues with Melba, but the timeline and the months who knows what could have happened. You expect us to take Justin's word over Melba's. Just Like Melba Justin is in it for something he said he was promises things from Melba and he didn't get that. Also he is working on a Movie with Ro and a book. So he is also looking to make money off this. Any way I just don't think that one can use the "Sierra Kills" samples that Project had tested as absolute proof that Melba's should have came back Bear as well, or that hers are contaminated.

QUESTION: If the boots come back and match Melba’s mtdna and nudna what then? Is she still wrong? Was she still trying to scam money from your friend Wally?

It looks like Ketchum's co-authors will not publicly support her paper.

Linda Moulton Howe:

Also, I contacted one of the eleven scientists referenced by name as contributing to the genome research. He confirmed that his lab did the DNA extraction for Dr. Ketchum, but he would not agree to an on-the-record interview because the controversy the DeNovo article has provoked about an alleged Sasquatch hybrid threatens the credibility and livelihood of his lab and other scientists. The Catch-22 is: his lab extracted the DNA. Other scientists did blind genome sequencing and their results match Dr. Ketchum's. But as soon as those labs and scientists learned the DNA under study allegedly came from the unproved Sasquatch creature, then they backed off from vouching for their own work.

Co-authors that won't support their own work. Lil

http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=2070&category=Science

It would seem they would back there work, but I guess not in association with the conclusion of her paper. Some of the work was mtDNA sequencing and being human, there should be no issue backing that. It would seem if they were contracted and paid they have to stand by their results. I wonder if they gaurantee no contamination.

One thing is true, Casey Mullins and Robin Lynne both are bad writers. Especially unnerving, since they both have been listed as editors on the various websites.

I have a question(s) - please forgive me if this has been answered.

On the return to the kill site, WHO found the sample? How long into the 'search' did the person find the sample?

Perhaps a bit unrelated to the current discussion, but a question that popped into my head.

Thx.

According to the sites, it was Justin and his friend who went back and dug in the snow.

http://www.sierrasiteproject.com/

According to both Justin Smeja and his partner Jack, shortly after returning home from the Sierras site with the tissue sample (“recovered sample,†minus cut piece See Figure 1#) in the early evening of November 12th 2010 and per instructions from WA researcher Derek Randles, Justin immediately cut a piece off of the main tissue that was roughly estimated at about 25% of its total mass (See Figure 2#).

According to the sites, it was Justin and his friend who went back and dug in the snow.

http://www.sierrasiteproject.com/

According to both Justin Smeja and his partner Jack, shortly after returning home from the Sierras site with the tissue sample (“recovered sample,†minus cut piece See Figure 1#) in the early evening of November 12th 2010 and per instructions from WA researcher Derek Randles, Justin immediately cut a piece off of the main tissue that was roughly estimated at about 25% of its total mass (See Figure 2#).

When one sees a phrase like "a piece off of the main tissue [etc.]" that makes absolutely no reference to the anatomical regions involved, one is practically compelled to run not walk to one's bookie and place one's annual salary on "he ain't got nothin'" .

Edited by DWA