The Ketchum Report (Continued)

Guest Admin

Guest BartloJays

^^

There's people out there that believe all kinds of crazy things and theories, I learned long ago I can't save the world. Have fun justifying the missing data and persons (like Casey Mullins) for a long time because as of today and until she produces something of substance, if you want to see "bigfoots" in her paper, I suggest watching Harry and the Hendersons while you're simultaneously reading through it.

Edited by AaronD
to remove quote of a post directly above

Guest BartloJays

Didn't Justin go swimming in the bay in his boots? Did Melba make him do it?

You know something I don't?

Darn.. if only I'd known about your expertise in hair analysis prior, maybe we could've just avoided the two highly reputable labs and sent the sample directly to you to tell us if it was bear hair or not.

ANSWER: If the boots came back and matched Melba’s DNA results I’ll be the happiest person in the world… aside from maybe Justin. And yes, she's still a very sick person (according to people in her camp...now) and I would bet everything I have that she’s “reallocated†funds given to her by Wally (for specific purposes) and spent those monies for alternative and unapproved purposes. She knows it :)

So now your accusing her of Embezzlement? Really?

She is a Member here correct?

Didn't Justin go swimming in the bay in his boots? Did Melba make him do it?

Well that is a new accusation.. So, he didn't sink? Why would anyone go swimming in a pair of boots? Is there some place where this was said? I would like to see a link - a link with Justin, Bart, Tyler, Derek or someone who would have knowledge saying this - not some obscure person on FB.

Thanks

Edited by Melissa

Guest njjohn

I've heard it multiple times. His fishing boat broke down or something close to that, and they had to swim out. But Bart has said, they don't know if anything can be recovered from it, but they'd be attempting to get anything they can. The blood is a direct link, whereas the flesh recovered was found five weeks later and while they hoped it was from the BF they shot, they always had a little doubt.

Guest BartloJays

I've heard it multiple times. His fishing boat broke down or something close to that, and they had to swim out. But Bart has said, they don't know if anything can be recovered from it, but they'd be attempting to get anything they can. The blood is a direct link, whereas the flesh recovered was found five weeks later and while they hoped it was from the BF they shot, they always had a little doubt.

That's correct njjohn and happened months before I was even in the picture or had those boots in my custody. The part about Melba having anything to do with it is a new one though and I suspect is a result of southernyahoo's misdirected frustration and anger at her paper not having the anticipated impact some hoped for. That's potentially a hard realty to accept for some so emotionally invested and if it remains dead n the water, I only know of one person to blame. However, doing so, would be difficult as one may feel they must look inward at that failure ....a failure in which they are not responsible in the processing and presentation.

I believe SouthernYahoo was being "Sarcastic"

It was basically you seem to blame it all on Melba so why not add that to the list.

I wonder if CA state law requires you to keep oars in your boat for just that emergency (in WI they do!).

Also, what happened to the boat? Did they just let it float away?

Let's look at this a bit closer.....weird.

Guest BartloJays

I believe SouthernYahoo was being "Sarcastic"

It was basically you seem to blame it all on Melba so why not add that to the list.

No I just blame all on this on Melba and maybe if you did a little research you would've known I predicted or alluded to many of these things prior (as in the last year) as many others did here without even having access to as much information

FB cheerleading page with continuous empty promises for what's supposed to be a serious endeavor

Requests to destroy the one sample she should be laying her life on the line to protect based on her claim of origin

Prophetic prediction of the Sierras sample through "regular" testing (now "proven" accurate)

Suggestions and attempted plotting of defrauding my close friend who financed her opportunity

Public lies about securing samples from all submitters

Lies about the intentions of those who tested the Sierras sample (Tyler and I and protecting "the ape theory")

illusion of a "successful" peer review

charging 30$ to view it

fake journal and covering up the fact the old one wasn't legitimate

using hoaxed papers as references in her manuscript

No substantiating lab reports or raw data to support her hypothesis or paper

Embarrassingly bad sophomoric knee jerk reactions and explanations coming from the so-called point person (Ketchum)

and... what I believe is now the "poisoning" of the idea of bigfoot DNA because of this debacle. As Melissa alluded to many pages back, many are reconsidering and or are willing to reconsider "no-kill" positions solely as a results of what they anticipate are repercussions from this debacle.

I'm missing a ton, but why waste more of my time and you notice I left out her prior business history (which I've never publicly attacked)

Now where's the answers to my questions John?

Where's her data? How do you even begin to defend it

Edited by BartloJays

Russian scientists may have found new life under Antarctic ice

http://news.yahoo.co...-181834535.html

"When we tried to identify the DNA, it did not coincide with any of known species. It's degree of similarity was less than 86 percent," Bulat told RIA.

"That is practically zero when working with DNA. A level of 90 percent tells us the organism is unknown."

So I guess 3% similarity is REALLY unknown!

Guest Tyler H

Anyone who steps up to the public opinion home plate to bat is exposing themselves to a multitude of opinions, some that are informed, some not informed and some who really don't want to be distracted with facts and will believe what they want to believe.

My hats off to Melba Ketchum for taking a swing at this thing knowing that serious science might not even take a serious look at her work. This has been going on for centuries when you study a new thing. Other science pioneers have also endured this before their work was accepted.

Her life and business would have been much simpler if she had never taken this route. Anyone who thinks this is a very positive swing on her life is extremely ignorant of what has happened to her during this time. I feel time other endeavors will coroborate her work in time.

This comment is SO uninformed. You could not have read much of any of the information on this site or others, that pertains to this topic. Once again, MANY labs have been willing to do this, I did this, Bart did this, Sykes is going to do this.. Melba has done nothing but profit from this, and had no reputation to speak of, that she was 'putting on the line'. Her businesses have been in trouble forever. Read some info.

So reading the thread and finally putting some of this together. Tyler keeps saying the Samples that Melba and they have are the same.

I am not looking to blame anyone here for anything. I am opening the case for reasonable doubt about Tyler's claim that the pieces are the same. Since he is in here claiming they are the same and that his tests show bear while Melba’s do not. I do understand that it is believed they were not hoodwinked by Justin or that Justin had no reason to lie. Well the same can be said for Melba. But as one looks at the whole situation Justin has reasons just as Melba does. So this is what I found out between several websites and blogs. So here is the breakdown I could come up with.

So this was confirmed by several people and most everyone agrees with the above.2 weeks after he went to the Kill site. Now we only have Justin’s take on the total amounts cut and packed. Since the samples were not received by Tyler and Bart till July 2011. see below.

So here Tyler and Bart Claim that Melba never asked for a sample of DNA. Again we are taking one person’s word on this. We are expected to believe Justin because he took a lie detector test.

So Tyler you can not confirm beyond reasonable doubt that what Justin gave you is the correct piece.

QUESTION: If the boots come back and match Melba’s mtdna and nudna what then? Is she still wrong? Was she still trying to scam money from your friend Wally?

Ugh, so frustrating to re-hash this all again.

The onus is NOT on us to prove anything further. the submitter of the sample claims it is the same, and passed a plygraph on this. If Melba contends differently, let her take a poly, or do the RIGHT thing, and submit what she claims is left over of her samples, to do a side-by-side comparison with my or Bart's samples. All the transparent evidence is stacked against her, not against us. We have provided all the proof we can humanly muster - it's in her court to refute the well based charges. She STILL won't even release all her raw data, or the samples, or divulge the new "independent" testing committee. Yet you want us to do more, to prove OUR claims? Sorrry, Cath, but you just aren't worth arguing with. I won't be responding to you anymore after this. (If I can maintain any semblance of self-control).

Justin has provided evidence for all his claims. He stands to gain next to NOTHING, by having the sample turn out to be bear... in fact, he's still not sure that he believes it. Those are not the reactions of someone who has switched something up. He KNOWS they are the same, and can't figure out why Melba is claiming different results. You are talking about SO much that you are just not familiar with. And then you selectively take questions from the polygraph... what about all the other ones? And what is it about this particular point that helps your argument? Nothing.

If the boots come back only matching Melba's results, it means that only bear and human were on the boots. If the boots give us a true "unknown" that also will not match Melba's results. The boots have next to no way to support Melba's results, because if they come out the same as Melba's results, then their evidence will say the same thing Melba's evidence currently says... "Bear and Human DNA mixed together pushes Genbank results towards lemur."

PS - No one, not even Melba claims that she got Justin's DNA. Ask her, and quit asking me, since you don't believe Justin or me, or Bart, or Justin's family, or Derek Randles. Get an answer out of Melba - I would LOVE to see that.

visual representation of contamination Genbank results.pdf

refute the attached PDF... and refute the OK and Trent Labs... and have Melba take a poly, and have Melba allow us or someone else to compare her samples against our samples from Justin, and then maybe we can talk. We've done and said all we can with this Wizard of Oz behind her curtain. I don't want to waste any more time on her.

Edited by Tyler H

Guest Tyler H

Anyway... I still stand my statement you have no idea what happen with the samples for a certain period of time. So again you can not be 100% sure that what Justin gave you was the same that Melba had. Based on your own timeline you presented in your own blog.

I gotta say - this is actually true. ANd I've never claimed otherwise. All we have is a whole bunch of circumstantial evidence that points in that direction, and makes me 99% confident they are the same samples... A bunch of evidence that makes it extremely unlikely that they are NOT the same samples.

So, I say again - it's up to Melba to prove her charge that the samples are different, because NOTHING else points to them being different - not the "raw data" not the pictures, not the words of ANYONE else involved. It's up to her CathJohn - nothing we can do if she won't be transparent about her samples, or the rest of her data. Take all of your efforts wasted here, and use them on Melba to compel her to let others compare her samples with ours.

Edited by Tyler H