The Dangers Of Squatchin'

I've never been Squatchin' myself, and have no desire.

While everything we hear/read about Bigfoot would seem to indicate that the worst they will do is throw little boulders at you, one has to wonder the worst really could be. There's a few stories about them attacking, of course nothing to back it up, but what if....just what if, a bigfoot got a case a screamin' rabies? That is not the bigfoot I would want to discover.

It's really strange. If you watch Squatchers, they have no problems making threatening noises at nearby Bigfoot, or returning wood knocks, or even returning thrown rocks. But if you watch anyone who works with Great Apes in Africa or Asia, there is none of that, it'd be considered a HUGE hazard and an enormous threat to safety.

Makes ya wonder...

Dehydration, sunburn, broken bones, twisted ankles, getting lost, running into another wild animals, or running into bad people would be more common than running into a bad bigfoot. Lots can happen in the woods and you're more likely to get in trouble another way than encountering a sassy squatch.

If you read the 411 books? You could be in danger just by going on about your life in a rural area.

I could have phrased that better. I appreciate all of the things that could happen in the woods, or your back yard for that matter. I was more interested in the bigfoot encounter itself, if it should occur.

It's really strange. If you watch Squatchers, they have no problems making threatening noises at nearby Bigfoot, or returning wood knocks, or even returning thrown rocks. But if you watch anyone who works with Great Apes in Africa or Asia, there is none of that, it'd be considered a HUGE hazard and an enormous threat to safety.

Makes ya wonder...

I think the thing I wonder about the most is, why they are always compared to apes, instead of humans, because they seem more human to me than anything else.

Because there isnt much else to compare it to. There arent exactly wild humans running around. Strength-wise, and size-wise, they're more similar to Apes... as well as what they'd probably do to a human that invaded their space.

Because there isnt much else to compare it to. There arent exactly wild humans running around. Strength-wise, and size-wise, they're more similar to Apes... as well as what they'd probably do to a human that invaded their space.

I don't know about "no wild humans". Have you watched the news lately?

Seriously, though, I understand what you're saying, and it brings me back the concern about rabies. So far they seem to avoid humans as much as possible, as do all wild animals, until they contract rabies. Then they do things and go places that are completely out of character. I wonder if it has been considered or even discussed, what the potential threat could be to a community, as they encroach on the territory of a BF.

If you cornered a bigfoot, It wouldn't be pretty. But, can you corner a bigfoot? They own the woods, Rabid bigfoot and zombie bigfoot excepted, I don't think they generally will let you corner them. Being between mom bigfoot and baby bigfoot wouldn't be good either.

• Upvote 1

one has to wonder the worst really could be.

DEATH would be my biggest fear, followed by being maimed, mentally incapacitated, or held as a love slave in a remote valley. However, since nothing has been proven (existence or attacks), I'm not afraid of visiting areas of reported sightings.

The dangers of Squatching to me are more associated with trying to balance the experience/interest in my non-BF real life.

Although close encounters may be frightening, everyone seems to live to tell about it.

I think physical risk can be calculated to some degree and minimized.

Edited by apehuman