Bigfoot Research--Still No Evidence (Continued)

Guest Admin

Norseman- I didn't say it was an endangered species. Read my post, what I said is because it is a non-discovered entitity is has inherint recognition as a non-game animal under the federal guidelines by the US Fish and Wildlife Service. BTW, each state can adopt their own statndards as in the case of Texas where shooting a BF on PRIVATE PROPERTY(only) is not illegal. Sir, you might want to take the time and get in touch with your state authorities and ask them what their policy is. BF is protected in Skamania Co.ordinance#BF069-01, Whatcom Co. resolution# 92-043 and BF is listed as a protected species ˆn King Co. special wetlands area 1995. I am sure that if you call the US Fish&Wildlife Service and talk to them they would help you uinderstand their policy on undiscovered aniomals as beiong recognized as non-game.  Any animal that doesn't have a hunting season is considered non-game and therefore illegal to shoot.

Edited by ptangier

At what point did DWA conduct breathalyzer tests upon thousands of witnesses to determine they were all sober?

Nah. Sorry.

There is no provision in the scientific method, or any form of logic, that states I must disprove that which has not been proven.

oh. Oky.

There likewise is nothing that requires me to engage a viewpoint that isn't serious. But thanks for playing.

Norseman- I didn't say it was an endangered species. Read my post, what I said is because it is a non-discovered entitity is has inherint recognition as a non-game animal under the federal guidelines by the US Fish and Wildlife Service. BTW, each state can adopt their own statndards as in the case of Texas where shooting a BF on PRIVATE PROPERTY(only) is not illegal. Sir, you might want to take the time and get in touch with your state authorities and ask them what their policy is. BF is protected in Skamania Co.ordinance#BF069-01, Whatcom Co. resolution# 92-043 and BF is listed as a protected species ˆn King Co. special wetlands area 1995. I am sure that if you call the US Fish&Wildlife Service and talk to them they would help you uinderstand their policy on undiscovered aniomals as beiong recognized as non-game.  Any animal that doesn't have a hunting season is considered non-game and therefore illegal to shoot.

Your statement is not correct. The reason I brought up the endangered species act is because that is the closest purview the US Fish and Game has to something like a Sasquatch. Which I'm sure if proven real, this protection would probably be extended to it immediately.

Other things the US Fish and Game administers is Migratory water fowl (duck stamp) that a hunter must buy in addition to his hunting license and tag from the state.

As well as administration of National Wildlife Refuges........which are very small in the scheme of things compared to what is administered by the states. I.e. The US Forest Service lands and BLM lands are administered by the states........and not US Fish and Game..........unless your poaching endangered game OR migratory water fowl.

I challenge you to show me where the US Fish and Game manages coyotes, prairie dogs, and other non game species over and above that of the state wildlife agency.

Yanno this all stinks to high heavens as some sort of anti kill crowd boogie man fantasy........

As far as Skamania and Whatcom county? Who cares....... I wonder how many deputy sheriffs they have that are patrolling for "Bigfoot poachers"? In 84 they amended the ordinance (yes its an ordinance).........it's now a thousand dollar fine. I've paid more than that in DOT weight fines in the last year. Big whoop.

Do you think that a person who shoots a Squatch and proves it's real to science might be able to make that fine up? I'm guessing that's a yes.

Besides.......it's a well meaning HORRIBLE ordinance, that inhibits science from doing it's job. BTW, on the topic of DNA, how is that working out for us? Bob Gimlin could have ended the mystery 40 years ago very easily. So could thousands of other "class A" sightings. Instead we run around looking for poo and setting hair traps. OK fine. Why in the heck would you limit yourself like that if YOUR SEEING THE THING! *Ahem* "We can find the animal easy enough it's those dang dung piles that they hide so well!" It's ridiculous. If you see it? SHOOT IT. One and done. Then every county in the Union can pass an ordinance. Great. Awesome.

I'm very frustrated with anti kill mindsets.........it's almost as if? They want to perpetuate the myth forever. I do not........I want it ended now, and I'll take the heat for it if my number comes up.

I wish I had more time, but from Eastern Montana (where I work) to Eastern Washington (where I live) I drive through some prime habitat. And my guide gun goes with me everywhere. Who knows.

Norseman- You are incorrect. I challenge you to call the US Fish and Wildlife Service and ask them their policy on undiscovered species or animals and ask them specifically about BF; you may be informed. Please take the time to do a little research yourself and contact the F&W folks to get a true perspective of their policies. I know that BF is not endangered, it has been verified as of yet, it would be considered a non-game animal.

You want me to call up the Federal government and ask them about Bigfoot?

This is your claim so I think its up to you to back it up. If Im wrong? Prove it.

Norseman- As I have alreadt stated, I called the US F&W service, and since your opinion is based on your "ignorance is bliss" stance and don't/wouldn't believe me anyways I challenge you to call the US F&W service and ask them for yourself about shooting undiscovered species; specifically BF, as I have. BTW they are very respect full and will answer your question politely. Then call your state officials and ask them. I will overlook your comment about people in the no-kill group, lets just stick to federal guidelines shall we.

Edited by ptangier

Norseman- As I have alreadt stated, I called the US F&W service, and since your opinion is based on your "ignorance is bliss" stance and don't/wouldn't believe me anyways I challenge you to call the US F&W service and ask them for yourself about shooting undiscovered species; specifically BF, as I have. BTW they are very respect full and will answer your question politely. Then call your state officials and ask them. I will overlook your comment about people in the no-kill group, lets just stick to federal guidelines shall we.

ok ive been a hunter for 32 years but that counts for nothing i see.

So you have called them and they told you its illegal to shoot any non game species correct?

But most states say its ok to shoot non game species. You need a license and tag for elk but not for coyote. So how does that work?

Also, so how does a scientist do field research on undiscovered species? if its illegal that is?

And you can ignore my anti kill statement? But its a fact.

A couple of other points:

US Fish and Game permit process (one of the key questions it asks is if the species is protected):

http://www.fws.gov/permits/instructions/ObtainPermit.html

Also:

http://www.huntersagainstpeta.com/idaho-governor-butch-otter-tells-salazar-he-wont-manage-protect-wolves-anymore

Also, the lines defining state and federal game management or not so well defined. And the Feds have very little teeth in this regard, relying on states to do their bidding for them.

Norseman- all claims! States differ in their guidelines for shooting such animals sush as coyotes, but we are discussing BF an undiscovered( or verified) species, hence considered a non-game animal without a hunting season on this thread currently. Doesn't matter how long you have been a hunter and BTW a hunter needs to know what he is shooting (ID) and if there is a resolution or a regulation  or a season for it.I am not degrading your hunting skills or any of your rights within the law,all I asked you to do was call the US Fish and Wildlife Service and ask them their policy for shooting undiscovered species, specifically BF, which in turn may add to your vast, vast knowledge of recreational hunting.

I will say this, that I do not know if a scientist shoots a BF would it be considered illegal. In California for instance, scientists are charged for a permit to study endangered species but as far as collecting- do know.All I am saying is that you should know the law for hunting an undiscovered species and the federal guidelines that pretain to them specifically BF. Also would anyone be procecuted for shooting a BF? JMO say it depends on the intent but I am not an attorney.

Norseman- all claims! States differ in their guidelines for shooting such animals sush as coyotes, but we are discussing BF an undiscovered( or verified) species, hence considered a non-game animal without a hunting season on this thread currently. Doesn't matter how long you have been a hunter and BTW a hunter needs to know what he is shooting (ID) and if there is a resolution or a regulation  or a season for it.I am not degrading your hunting skills or any of your rights within the law,all I asked you to do was call the US Fish and Wildlife Service and ask them their policy for shooting undiscovered species, specifically BF, which in turn may add to your vast, vast knowledge of recreational hunting.

I will say this, that I do not know if a scientist shoots a BF would it be considered illegal. In California for instance, scientists are charged for a permit to study endangered species but as far as collecting- do know.All I am saying is that you should know the law for hunting an undiscovered species and the federal guidelines that pretain to them specifically BF. Also would anyone be procecuted for shooting a BF? JMO say it depends on the intent but I am not an attorney.

States do differ, and I have advocated many times to know state law concerning hunting non game animals. 

As far as the Feds? Well, I have given you a link in which state and federal entities do not see eye to eye, and without state cooperation it's very difficult for the feds to enact anything. 

Again, the discovery of a new species such as Sasquatch is going to far out weigh any misdemeanor or lack of a permit. It's not a endangered species on the federal list which is the biggie no no.

Also, in opening this can of worms, I see on the US Fish and Game permitting process that one must have a permit to collect eggs or look at nests of many bird species. So is it legal for a Bigfoot researcher to be out setting hair sample collectors, invading suspected nesting sites, etc? Or do you need a permit for that too? 

Norseman- once agian it seems to me that you are tring to rationalize and make assumptions. Call the US Fish and Wildlife Services, you may learn something.

Norseman- once agian it seems to me that you are tring to rationalize and make assumptions. Call the US Fish and Wildlife Services, you may learn something.

No. I simply asked you a question, because yanno.......your the expert on the US Fish and Game.

Is it illegal to harass Bigfoot? Is it illegal to bait Bigfoot with zagnut bars? (many many states have baiting laws) Is it illegal to enter their nesting sites? Is it illegal to use electronic callers to sound blast to them? (many states have restrictions on electronic callers) 

Your whole assertion is ridiculous. On any given episode of "Finding Bigfoot" a Fish and Game officer could probably write them about 20 tickets.........that is until he finds out that they are chasing fairies around in the woods. In which case he is going to get back into his rig.......giggle profusely, call it in to dispatch, and they can giggle some more together..............

• Upvote 1