Bigfoot Research--Still No Evidence (Continued)

Guest Admin

certain videotaped evidence of tracks in snow are pretty interesting (especially where they're the only tracks around)...however i'd like to see the actual measuring of the gait and not have to take the finder's word on it....is it dispositive?? of course not...can i dismiss it out of hand....Nope....i don't know how it was done....unless there's someone with mad pogo stick skills and put a big foot on the bottom of the stick...ohh yea it'd also have to have a rotating foot lest you have all left feet and no right feets....

Edited by clubbedfoot

Hey heres an idea,

Lets see a pic thats not a blobsquatch, a video thats not a blobsquatch and a hoax that isn't a video from a tent flap.

Show me a pic,a vid or something on a slab thats not a muppet . Show me some DNA evidence that dosn't take 5 years to prove with out buying a online magazine and self peering.

I want to believe like the next guy/gal.......if you got evidence bring it on, take me by the hand and show me a squatch.

People are involved in doing just that. And finally, a very few of them are spending the time in habitat that will be required to do it. I'd have some patience and see what they come up with. Patience comes from understanding what the crap is in this field and what the serious stuff is.

The closest I come to impatient is with mainstream scientists who, if they spent any time on the serious stuff in this field and it wouldn't take them that much time, might find some things out that would interest them.

^^ DWA, here is a thought, just a thought mind you, Myself, I have zero advanced degrees in Biology or Anthropology or any discipline directly related to qualify me to speak from a position of authority on those that do have those types of credentials. My degrees are both undergraduate and neither one is directly that applicable to Bigfoot.

Does it ever occur to you that they have far more training in relevant disciplines and just maybe they don't find spending time on Bigfoot worthwhile? That maybe their years of training and study have lent them something of an idea as to when something is worth pursuing and when it is not?

And before you jump on me for not agreeing with Meldrum, Bindernagel, et al. I would point out that I have never dismissed them outright. I am no where near qualified enough to do that. I don't happen to think that at this moment the evidence for Bigfoot is compelling enough to support the claim. But I have never said that Meldrum et al are outright wrong and should, or even could be, dismissed by me out of hand like you do for every single credentialed person that ever questions or challenges anything to do with Bigfoot.

Edited by AaronD
to remove personal comments

Guest Cervelo

Lots of reading and thinking lots.....massive amounts....way beyond us mere mortals!

Edited by Cervelo

Moderator Statement:

This topic is closed due to behavior(s) that are in violation of the forum's rules and guidelines.

You guys know better.

This topic will be reopened when the staff can find the time to clean it up.

See

This topic is now open again. Please post according to the forum's rules and guidelines.

See

Guest LarryP

Does it ever occur to you that they have far more training in relevant disciplines and just maybe they don't find spending time on Bigfoot worthwhile? That maybe their years of training and study have lent them something of an idea as to when something is worth pursuing and when it is not?

Q: And why don't they find "spending time on Bigfoot worthwhile" and "worth pursuing"?

A: Money!

That is the glaringly obvious Achilles heel with modern day science and these so-called "Scientists".

Therefore ignoring and/or discrediting BF inures to their own personal monetary benefit.

You need to look no further than the fact that even to this day textbooks still credit Thomas Edison with everything that should be credited to Nikola Tesla.

That's because the House of Morgan made sure of that reality decades ago.

Not every man has his price. But the vast majority do.

Norse, have you ever considered that the special forces tale is just that, a tale?

Really?

I know someone who had a friend have a face to face encounter at night on a solo SF training op.

I was camping with a group at an active area when at 630am a Army SF and hardened skeptic saw something and immediately packed up at left refusing to talk about what scared him.

^ I know a gentleman that did something very similar, only he was tucked in fetal position crying until daylight.

Norse, have you ever considered that the special forces tale is just that, a tale?

Really?

I know someone who had a friend have a face to face encounter at night on a solo SF training op.

I was camping with a group at an active area when at 630am a Army SF and hardened skeptic saw something and immediately packed up at left refusing to talk about what scared him.

BipedalCurious, you relayed this story before. My question is this - how do you know what it was that scared him if he refused to talk about it? Did anyone else see this thing that scared him?

Stories like that are reminiscent of campfire stories that end with lines such as "the call was coming from inside the house!" - you know a good old-fashioned ghost/scary story.

Can you provide more information on what this Army Special Forces guy saw/experienced?

Guest grandcherokee

Wow!

Talk about running around in circles and not giving any answers to the original posters questions!

I for one agree with every statement he posted!

After 10 years of exploring the subject with people such as, Bill Miller, Thomas Steenburg, John Green. Robert Alley, Chris Murphy,etc, I find that I too ask these same questions.

They were all legitimate questions! Paint them how you will. Your opposing voices do not denigrate their validity!

Sasquatch-BC

Sasquatch-BC.com

^ Nice drive-by plug. Remember, promotion is a machine that must never stop.

Moving on, I thought I'd take a minute to post the questions asked in the OP just as a reminder to everyone.

Question #1

"If BF distribution is as numerous and widespread as researchers claim, how is it that these surveys have never detected 800 lbs. of upright walking primate flesh?"

Question #2

"Is it no wonder that scientists who choose to participate in BF research are frowned upon by the scientific community?"

THOSE are the questions, all 2 of em. grandcherokee, would you like to add any more questions?

The rest of the OP was nothing more than anti-BF diatribe, using hypothesis from who knows where....when the simple explanation is "we don't know yet".

Additionally, I think that both of those questions have indeed been answered with reasonable explananations (possibilities), by multiple people, multiple times.

I would like to point out that there is a locked thread containing the first 100+ pages of this discussion. Your answers may be found in there.

I've kinda lost track of this thread so pardon me if its already been discussed to death, I was wondering about the statistics for stolen or damaged game cameras?

Those cameras could contain the pictures everyone wants to see. It would be interesting to find a spike in the data during the time when cameras first started showing up in the forest. I think from watching people look through cameras, scopes, binoculars...etc. any self respecting Bigfoot could deduce that those shiny little circles are for seeing. They walk by and this thing with a few of those circles on it clicks and flashes uv light. If it did that on its own, one could also deduce it can probably see on its own too.

I think a learning curve might be found in the numbers of missing cameras.