Sasquatch Track Features - Are We Wrong ?

NathanFooter

They do all kinds of stuff. They're just like other animals that way. Read the reports.

Oddly BFs behave a lot like our imaginations.  They do whatever we want them to...

They do all kinds of stuff. They're just like other animals that way. Read the reports.

Oddly BFs behave a lot like our imaginations. They do whatever we want them to...

I think the point being made is that known species of animals do react differently in varying situations upon encountering a human.

Great apes { and humans } react in unique ways , some freak out and run, some walk away { predators have an instinct to chase things running away , this walking may be to to avoid triggering the chase instincts } and some rise up and go after the threat.     

Oddly BFs behave a lot like our imaginations.  They do whatever we want them to...

I'd have to get on board with that, were there any proof that it was happening.

Just talking completely out of my posterior, but I'm thinking we should be way past the plaster cast technology at this point. With handheld digital scanners out there, and an Ap for everything under the sun, I mean... are we really still having to pour gypsum into a hole in the ground to get durable data? Is this really the best we can do? Any techno geeks want to weigh in on this question and elighten me?

WSA,

Well...ha ! ha ! Jeff scans the casts he gets hold of with some fancy laser scannin' thingamajig. 

Pat...

Sure, but what about scanning the actual track? Every transfer of information loses something. So, the track is not as detailed as the foot that made it. The cast is not as true as the track, etc. Eliminate the gloppy mess that is plaster casting and you get a little closer to the bone. You'd probably be able to pick up details that plaster can't "read." It would be lighter and more portable, quicker and easier to use..the list is long.

Just seems to me.

Jiggy, didn't you just say recenty that Sasquatch are apt to flee near humans? Now you are saying they are apt to simply walk or lumber away? Those are not very congruent statements, so I'm a bit confused. Do they flee or do they lumber?

Tom Brown Jr runs something call the Tracker School in New Jersey. He teaches what he calls the Scout Class, in it, we learn that as humans we can be more effective if we take advantage of cover rather than simply run. From all the accounts I have read, it appears that BF must be very familiar with those techniques (hiding in plain sight, that sort of thing). So yes, they flee sometimes, and 'lumber' other times, or just stay put. 

Just talking completely out of my posterior, but I'm thinking we should be way past the plaster cast technology at this point. With handheld digital scanners out there, and an Ap for everything under the sun, I mean... are we really still having to pour gypsum into a hole in the ground to get durable data? Is this really the best we can do? Any techno geeks want to weigh in on this question and elighten me?

High Def photos do very well. I've mentioned this before in other threads. Take a photo at or near ground level with the track between you and the light source. Its best if you avoid photos between about 11:AM and 1:PM- some shadow can be helpful. Also take a photo from directly above, then two more at least that get the front and rear halves of the track. That way you will have enough detail and views to sort out what the pressure releases in the track are telling the educated observer (tracker).