Food For Thought - Skeptics And Believers

One of these days, you know they gotta get goin'...out of the door and down to the street all alone.

Only so much you can accomplish at a keyboard.

^I'll wait for technology to get a bit cheaper before I go out specifically to find one. I want it well documented and a high end thermal seems the best way to go.

^^There's a lot of "windshield surveying" you can do in the meantime; a high-end thermal won't get the quarry if you're not in the right place.

Go low-tech first and stake out likely spots.

I would like to buy a FLIR if the price is ever right. I have no use for trail camera's as I am not trying to keep them away. I think LCB is spot on with his Tascam recorder because I think that is a great 1st piece of equipment. I am pretty low tech in the woods, no fancy camera, no camo, just eyes and ears. A parabolic would be nice though. Can anyone tell me how to post a picture to this thread?

I would like to buy a FLIR if the price is ever right. I have no use for trail camera's as I am not trying to keep them away. I think LCB is spot on with his Tascam recorder because I think that is a great 1st piece of equipment. I am pretty low tech in the woods, no fancy camera, no camo, just eyes and ears. A parabolic would be nice though. Can anyone tell me how to post a picture to this thread?

I find using Photobucket extremely useful. www.photobucket.com

One of these days, you know they gotta get goin'...out of the door and down to the street all alone.

Only so much you can accomplish at a keyboard.

I do as much as I can and where I can. I have spent two weeks since May on vacation. Vacation for me is visiting a location and hiking some days from sun up until dinner time. May was the Sierras and a few weeks ago was the upper bruce peninsula in ontario.  In between outdoor vacations, I hike weekly in a 1 - 2 hour radius from my home. I live in Ontario, some people have this notion that Ontario is Squatchy. I disagree. But I enjoy being in the outdoors. I'd wager I'm outdoors quite a bit more than some of the proponents here. I'm just not seeing anything when I'm out there.  But to be fair, I don't really consider the areas terribly remote. But as we all know, claims to semi-urban Bigfoots are common and believed by many...so.....

Guest SDBigfooter

Darrell,

Because everyone has a $1000 camera?  I got a GoPro over 6 months ago and have gotten some really good videos.  I missed the best opportunity while in mexico reeling in a giant Corvina during a Grunion run during the day.  I got lots of good shots but my big video was missed (I blame my cousin but Oh well).  Also, charging betteries is a real pain.  Being ready isn't as easy as it sounds.  And this is something that has never been publicly well shot before....for a good reason I am guessing????

Also, you are right, we landed on the moon over 40 years ago.  40 years ago???  What else since then?  I'm sorry but I am not impressed by what we have accomplished since then.  Maybe you are just joking trying to get a rise out of people.  

You say:

To land on the moon means we should be able to get bigfoot proven.

I say:

To prove bigfoot is to prove massive coverup. 

I'm not sure landing on the moon and bigfoot have anything to do with each other.

40 years after, we still think some of the silliest things...and don't pursue some of the most obvious.

Technology doesn't seem to change people much.

Why does it have to go to a massive cover up? This is why some of us skeptics get a little fed up. You are trying to validate your position with theories why you cant find a bigfoot. It always comes down to a govt cover up. World wide in scope.  

Darrell,

Because everyone has a $1000 camera?  I got a GoPro over 6 months ago and have gotten some really good videos.  I missed the best opportunity while in mexico reeling in a giant Corvina during a Grunion run during the day.  I got lots of good shots but my big video was missed (I blame my cousin but Oh well).  Also, charging betteries is a real pain.  Being ready isn't as easy as it sounds.  And this is something that has never been publicly well shot before....for a good reason I am guessing????

Here is the minimum you should have if you want to call yourself a serious researcher:

x0vFX2Al.jpg

Thats maybe $10K if you are carefull and dont buy everything new at MSRP. Thats too much you say? Dont go to a couple of bigfoot conferences this year and skip a vacation. Maybe this is what Meldrum should have and not be spending $100K on a hot air balloon.

Edited by Darrell

Why does it have to go to a massive cover up? This is why some of us skeptics get a little fed up. You are trying to validate your position with theories why you cant find a bigfoot. It always comes down to a govt cover up. World wide in scope.

this

The government doesn't have to do anything anyway. BF and the BF world is good enough at that as it is.

Here is the minimum you should have if you want to call yourself a serious researcher:

x0vFX2Al.jpg

Thats maybe $10K if you are carefull and dont buy everything new at MSRP. Thats too much you say? Dont go to a couple of bigfoot conferences this year and skip a vacation. Maybe this is what Meldrum should have and not be spending $100K on a hot air balloon.

Many people don't have a 10K car parked in their driveway.

Add to this:

Camping gear

Fuel

GPS/Maps

Food

Dental resin :(

It adds up quick. The reality of the situation is that people are not going to buy Zeiss or Steiner bino's, but 99 dollar Walmart specials. And use their Iphone to take pictures.

Besides I'm not calling anyone serious about solving the mystery, if they do not pack a rifle or offensive firearm (not a defensive pistol.......doesn't count) ;)

Hello will,

Be safe, get some pics.

Here ya go:

bkdg.jpg
Looking North into the campsite

3424.JPG
Looking North of the Adirondack shelter.

h2ju.jpg
Looking West.

dwje.jpg

Looking East.

A couple of views from the canoe off-shore (ocean inlets)

cf2d.jpg

dmzy.jpg

It was a super fine two weeks!