Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

They were forced to get private funding in 1995. My whole point is, if the government could fund something like SETI without any evidence then why not fund BF research. So they can go out into the field for long periods, They don't need years and years . Give them a couple of years. If nothing is found then okay, at Least they tried. Other counties have started doing this. This was my whole point.

• Upvote 1

Why do we need to fund a team to go out into the field for long periods when they are in people's backyards in the outskirts of Chicago?  That's what this thread started about (before it got way off track with the predictable banter).  If they are in urban or suburban areas we shouldn't need huge amounts of money and government grants to find them.  A marsh area near Chicago is not the cosmos, nor is it millions of square miles of Boreal forest in Canada, nor woodlands across the west, nor swamps of the south.  It is a tiny, tiny area respectively and if they are there, surely someone should be able to prove it.

^We have all of these habituators with Bigfoot supposedly living in their backyard, and virtually none of them have the interest in trying to prove it. Nor do they have the interest for science or anyone else to come out and study it.

So basically you're left with chance encounters, and science isn't going to put much into those unless they come with some really compelling evidence.

The money and the grants only come when requested by legitimate sources for legitimate reasons. Has there been any requests made that were denied? Or have there just been no interest in requesting the money?

• Upvote 1

"Has there been any requests made that were denied? Or have there just been no interest in requesting the money?"

Good questions. Is there a way to find this out? I would imagine a lot to read through.. I would like to see some of the stuff that gets funded and turned down so I might do a lil digging.

I really do not know how science can pin down this animal, except perhaps in a forest fire situation, or maybe in a semi rural setting, such as was suggested. But even in my area they could be gone quicker than you could surround them, and they would sense something was up before you could make your move. I think Meldrum's blimp idea holds some promise of being able to locate some, and if that were established maybe even track behavior. If we could just get a better idea of the movements, where they spend their time hunting, foraging, sleeping, raising their young, we would be much further along in documenting the specie. I feel that individuals like, Will Jevning, have undertaken this task, and will help provide answers. I hope that the real stall worth's of the field keep their focus, and do not get caught up in the money. I undertake to document the sound I heard in July, and demonstrate that it was indeed no other animal. Last nights recording was effected by wind and rain, and the animals seemed a bit subdued due to the low pressure. Will be consistent with this in order to capture the moment I hope will happen again.

There are several other animals I would like to discover in my area, I have never heard or seen a bobcat, though they are thought to be common in the area, how can this animal escape detection. Another would be the rare cougar or wolf that has moved through the area, more and more commonly, as they have spread from the Dakota's to Minnesota, then Wisconsin, and now northern Illinois. I remember when I was just a kid, Field and Stream had articles of black panthers, or black versions of cougars in Wisconsin. Sightings were fairly common, but this was never established. The dogman accounts in Wisconsin are troubling, but who knows what variation there could be with these creatures. Some have suggested the possibility of several types. Baboons and Gorilla's look fairly different.

Why do we need to fund a team to go out into the field for long periods when they are in people's backyards in the outskirts of Chicago?  That's what this thread started about (before it got way off track with the predictable banter).  If they are in urban or suburban areas we shouldn't need huge amounts of money and government grants to find them.  A marsh area near Chicago is not the cosmos, nor is it millions of square miles of Boreal forest in Canada, nor woodlands across the west, nor swamps of the south.  It is a tiny, tiny area respectively and if they are there, surely someone should be able to prove it.

Well I don't want to get into all the complications of this, but there are a few.

1) "People's backyards" are private property.  I know I know.  But this is just like our previous exchange; we're dealing here with people. and their idiosyncrasies.  Sometimes PARTICULARLY if one is an amateur (aren't they all) researcher, or just plain having something really cool and really private happening in their back yard, one may not be really happy with - or, to be fair, one may still be trying to sort out the ramifications of - having the Proof Patrol show up on their property and start imposing their own research protocols on what the private citizen wants to - and has the Constitutional right to - do him or herself. 

2)  And yep, some of those people may be coming on here to talk about this dandy habituation they're doing, and not want to (I didn't say "be able to" but no, didn't rule it out) provide proof.  It's still their property.  And again to be fair, they seem to be coming on here to talk to other habituators, not to Brag At All You Heathen Who Cannot See The Forest People.

3) Some people, just sounds to me, have what to them is a very legitimate concern about what will happen to their guests when science nails them down;  they may not be too keen on "great medical research subjects" or "evidence seems to indicate limited hunting seasons feasible."  And may not trust any protestations that Oh That Won't Happen.  I think some of them honestly don't want to betray a trust.  Like it or not it's a basic human thing, and may for some be magnified when something that Isn't Real is involved.

4)  THEY'RE AMERICANS, DAMMIT.  Don't Tread On Me.  You Don't Care, But I Do, So Serves You Right.  I Could Give A **** Who Else Knows etc.

5)  The Proof Patrol is on site...and nothing has happened for a month.  Maybe it was a really quiet sector and "quiet son you'll scare the fish" really did apply here.  Whoops, and now you're outed as a fringe weirdo who Thinks He Saw Bigfoot.  (Remember:  no evidence found on site that isn't a body will mean a thing to the Proof Patrol.)

Those are just a few things off the top of my head.

(All prefaced of course with "if this is all really going on."  Which you know, I'm not so sure I can doubt.  We've habituated all the apes and many monkeys and most other stuff too.)

^^  claims without evidence have no credibility. Anywhere.

I can agree with that if 'n' only iff balanced by the understanding we have different standards for what is and isn't "evidence."

MIB

If by "we" you mean you and I, then no problem with that.  If you wish to lower the standards for Bigfoot, you are certainly welcome and absolutely are not alone.

There are several other animals I would like to discover in my area, I have never heard or seen a bobcat, though they are thought to be common in the area, how can this animal escape detection. Another would be the rare cougar or wolf that has moved through the area, more and more commonly, as they have spread from the Dakota's to Minnesota, then Wisconsin, and now northern Illinois. I remember when I was just a kid, Field and Stream had articles of black panthers, or black versions of cougars in Wisconsin. Sightings were fairly common, but this was never established. The dogman accounts in Wisconsin are troubling, but who knows what variation there could be with these creatures. Some have suggested the possibility of several types. Baboons and Gorilla's look fairly different.

I'm fascinated by the reports of "black panthers," too. The reports seem to come from across the map. Nary a body to be had, though. It is an interesting phenomenon.