Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

LCB, practicing elimination as you have done with the fallen branches is a plus for your research. As for the specific months you mentioned above for your prior activity, have you done any report searches for your and nearby counties and checked the months they occurred?

To answer some questions, no I have not seen one. I am basing my attempts of habituation with only vocalizations that were very distinct, unmistakable whoops that were either superhuman, or primate. I heard these on July 12th at 3:50 in the morning as I lay awake in bed perplexing over some job stuff. I explain in the intro to the thread, as also some of the subsequent experience that I describe throughout the thread, some of which I may have explained away with natural causes at this point. In no way does my current misguided conclusions cause me any doubt of what I heard that night. But I am doubting the possibility of them staying in any one area for long periods of time, that just makes good sense, for this area, and honestly I am a bit relieved. I will continue to record in hope of capturing what I heard that night, because that is what I need others to hear, and if possible explain away, Stan Courtney bigfoot sounds whoops #1 and #3 represent the sounds I heard that night, but these varied slightly and were in response to each other, more of a short conversation, which left me with a distinct impression of them moving to safety, due to a county police car coming down the road shining his spot light into the yards.

I have to say LCB, I don't think they are in my area for long period's. I have found print's only in the early spring and fall. My daughter and her son heard a grunt and heavy walking one time. That was in the fall. I have a picture of a tree bend over the trail. I will post it sometime today or tomorrow.

JDL, your opinion is duly noted. 

Some other random thoughts on anecdotal evidence from a quick Google search:

"Anecdotal evidence is considered dubious support of a claim; it is accepted only in lieu of more solid evidence. This is true regardless of the veracity of individual claims"  Definition, Wiki.

"Anecdotal evidence is considered the least certain type of scientific information"  -Riffenburgh, R. H. (1999). Statistics in medicine. Boston: Academic Press. p. 196. ISBN 0-12-588560-1.

"It is the opposite of scientific evidence."  - "U.S. Legal.com". U.S. Legal Forms, Inc. Retrieved 17 December 2012

"If modern science has learned anything in the past century, it is to distrust anecdotal evidence....There is, alas, no scientific claim so preposterous that a scientist cannot be found to vouch for it" Seven Warning Signs of Bogus Science - Robert L. Park, Ph.D

"Describes information that is not based on facts or careful study"  - Cambridge Dictionaries Online". Archived from the original on January 13, 2012

" While anecdotes — when true, at least — are nice illustrative stories, they do not constitute evidence. This is because anecdotes only ever apply to individuals or individual experiences and are subject to the biases that this brings with it. It is impossible to say that an individual anecdote is representative and it is also impossible to actually detect the real cause of the anecdote." - Definition, RationalWiki
Edited by dmaker

And yet, there is little difference between anecdotal evidence and witness testimony, the basis of our legal systems and on which people's lives often hang in the balance. 

Further, based on the standard you have applied, every 911 call could be dismissed by a skeptical operator as anecdotal, thus giving that 911 operator/dispatcher, in their own absolute and self-assigned authority, cause to not take action on any 911 call, because they believe witness reports to be so flawed that they can be universally ignored.

Life's a lot easier if one has at least some faith in people.  One cannot, with certitude say that all witnesses are flawed without acknowledging that their own opinions may be equally flawed.  To maintain that one is not flawed, but everyone else is, puts one in the realm of another scientific discipline, psychology, and psychologists have a standing diagnosis for such a condition.

• Upvote 3

"And yet, there is little difference between anecdotal evidence and witness testimony, the basis of our legal systems and on which people's lives often hang in the balance."

That is, obviously, true. But we're not discussing the existence of Bigfoot as a legal argument. It is being discussed as a biological, scientific argument and therefore the rules of scientific evidence must apply. Not legal.

Guest Stan Norton

"And yet, there is little difference between anecdotal evidence and witness testimony, the basis of our legal systems and on which people's lives often hang in the balance."

That is, obviously, true. But we're not discussing the existence of Bigfoot as a legal argument. It is being discussed as a biological, scientific argument and therefore the rules of scientific evidence must apply. Not legal.

With the exception of your list of quotes, which includes legal definitions. Which is it?

JDL and Dmaker.......

Apple and Oranges.

The question in a murder trial is whether Col. Mustard did it in the library with the butcher knife OR Ms. Plum did it in the parlor with the rope. Both are realistic probable scenarios that investigators can research and get a better picture of which person is responsible for the murder.

The question IS NEVER if the three headed Xenon alien did it with the fusion pulse rifle in the kitchen. In other words..........the fantastical or unrealistic is generally treated as a mental case. People claim insanity all the time, and it's wise to do so if your defense involves three headed aliens.

Same goes for the case of Sasquatch, as proponents in order to have ANY sort of credibility? We need to get a body to science. The longer this remains a void the longer we look like idiots in front of our peers.

To answer some questions, no I have not seen one. I am basing my attempts of habituation with only vocalizations that were very distinct, unmistakable whoops that were either superhuman, or primate. I heard these on July 12th at 3:50 in the morning as I lay awake in bed perplexing over some job stuff. I explain in the intro to the thread, as also some of the subsequent experience that I describe throughout the thread, some of which I may have explained away with natural causes at this point. In no way does my current misguided conclusions cause me any doubt of what I heard that night. But I am doubting the possibility of them staying in any one area for long periods of time, that just makes good sense, for this area, and honestly I am a bit relieved. I will continue to record in hope of capturing what I heard that night, because that is what I need others to hear, and if possible explain away, Stan Courtney bigfoot sounds whoops #1 and #3 represent the sounds I heard that night, but these varied slightly and were in response to each other, more of a short conversation, which left me with a distinct impression of them moving to safety, due to a county police car coming down the road shining his spot light into the yards.

A friend had a police scanner and sometimes she said she would giggle to herself because a few of the prowler reports were obviously something else, meaning not a hairless pink person lol.

Stan had some recordings up a while back which were amazing because a friend of his had habituated either a family or small group (not sure which) and he rigged up a rope between two trees.  On the rope was a mailbox fixed with a system that thwarted little creatures from accessing what was in the mailbox (food).  Just a few feet away was a tool box attached to said rope with a recorder in it.  Those were some of the most incredible recordings I've ever heard.  I copied them but had a computer crash and they went bye bye......

So last night my wife accompanied me to do my apple tossing, baby whoops, whistles. I had explained to her my doubts and the poplar branches falling.  Before she arrived I heard a thud that was well outside the fall range of the poplar tree branches, we had several other things crashing into the shed we were near, and my wife said that they felt like they were objects being thrown from the brush direction, confirming my own impression, as well as adding another ear to witness the stuff. Then as we were leaving, all was quiet, stuff was only making noise while we were there, a big branch did fall, but it made a different type of noise than the thuds and crashes we heard. Thuds are the apples because they are heavy and soft. I think I have a little game going on with one, but as I said I could find no evidence, leaves are covering the ground in that area, so very little chance of prints. Still skeptical, but becoming slightly less.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

We are discussing Bigfoot.... scientific, legal, psychological, sometimes spiritual aspects. If we could get a law passed declaring BF a legal fact, we would, no?

LCB, I have to take back what i said about print's in our area only being in spring and fall. I sent my pictures of the prints to Mr. Courtney. They were taken in June and July. I didn't realize it because I had taken them In 2008 and 2009 and hadn't looked at them since that time. 

Guest guillaume

And yet, there is little difference between anecdotal evidence and witness testimony, the basis of our legal systems and on which people's lives often hang in the balance.

There must be some basis on which to evaluate the plausibility of the thing witnessed, and you would definitely see problems with credibility addressed in a court of law.  You can't say that seeing a squirrel in your back yard or seeing it rain on a Saturday afternoon is the same as seeing the Virgin Mary in a piece of toast, or reptilian shape-shifters flickering in and out of visibility, or fairies dancing in your garden.  Angels and demons.  Mermaids and monsters.  Gods and vampires.  People have seen all these things.  Are you saying that they're all crazy?

You can deny the entire discipline of psychology, but that doesn't make it go away.  We know for a fact that human perception and human memory aren't very reliable at all.

To the OP, I hate to be negative in your thread, but if you want people at large to believe you, you need to produce some good evidence that will stand up to skeptical scrutiny.  I would think that anyone who wants to get to the bottom of what's really going on out there would want this for themself as well, not just to prove anything to random others.  I'm not making a judgment in particular, just an observation in general.