Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

Dmaker, I think that Sasquatch Ontario could be the real deal, or a clever hoaxer, but nothing that he has presented contradicts or surprises me concerning Sasquatch. All of these things have been reported by others, imitation is very common for primates. I feel that Sasquatch, being amongst the most intelligent of animals, could do all the stuff that he has submitted, whether or not his submission is true. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt based on my own acceptance of this type of behavior coming from a Bigfoot as being expected. If a Sasquatch can gain trust in a human than more can be expected. In your area I would think them to be harder to locate do to the vast area they could inhabit, a true needle in a haystack. My situation is like a needle in a bucket of hay.

SO's area is not that remote. He is south western ontario which is pretty densely populated.  It's not like the northern parts of the province at all. 

Got a hypothetical for you. 

What if there is a multiple witness encounter by people who are pristinely unaware that the existence of bigfoot is possible?  They've never heard of bigfoot or sasquatch or have a clue that such an undocumented hominid may exist.

What if they have a close, clear, unobstructed daylight view of the subject such that they are able to determine that it is not a man, but otherwise unable to say what it is other than to describe its appearance and behavior as observed?

What if their thought process is first, "That MAN's huge!" Then: "Wait!  He's eight and a half feet tall, over four foot wide at the shoulder, and covered in hair through which you can clearly see muscle definition, and his fingertips hang below his knees!  He CAN'T BE a man!  But WHAT is he?!"?

What if ultimately they decide that what they saw  COULD ONLY HAVE BEEN some sort of freakish man?  Not a bigfoot or a sasquatch because they don't even know that those may exist, but a freakish MAN, because the only thing remotely similar to what they encountered is a man.

I'll submit that this is a very common pattern in encounters.  People who run into them first assume that they are men until they are forced to conclude otherwise due to close observation.

This is much different than the proverbial leap of wishful thinking that something is a squatch when it is actually something else.

Roguefooter, that was nothing compared to grant's other researcher's get. Even for ridiculous studies. This was my point. Even SETI was recieving 11 million dollars a year for something there was no evidence for. Other countries are being funded by their government's for expeditions and research for bigfoot, so why can't we ? I keep hearing, until there's real evidence or proof the government will not get involved and fund anything. YET they do for other thing's were there is no evidence at all. So that arguement hold's no water.

Dmaker, I think that Sasquatch Ontario could be the real deal, or a clever hoaxer, but nothing that he has presented contradicts or surprises me concerning Sasquatch. All of these things have been reported by others, imitation is very common for primates. I feel that Sasquatch, being amongst the most intelligent of animals, could do all the stuff that he has submitted, whether or not his submission is true. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt based on my own acceptance of this type of behavior coming from a Bigfoot as being expected. If a Sasquatch can gain trust in a human than more can be expected. In your area I would think them to be harder to locate do to the vast area they could inhabit, a true needle in a haystack. My situation is like a needle in a bucket of hay.

Just scratch "clever"..  because pictures of fishes eyes is not a "clever" anything.. it is just stupid.

Roguefooter, that was nothing compared to grant's other researcher's get. Even for ridiculous studies. This was my point. Even SETI was recieving 11 million dollars a year for something there was no evidence for. Other countries are being funded by their government's for expeditions and research for bigfoot, so why can't we ? I keep hearing, until there's real evidence or proof the government will not get involved and fund anything. YET they do for other thing's were there is no evidence at all. So that arguement hold's no water.

Right.

Not only is SETI a clear crock, based on the only necessary yardstick - the evidence - but we may be calling in a "civilization" whose response to us may be enslavement; destruction...or consumption.

(And if you are telling me SETI is worthwhile...you better be ready and willing to defend your take on alien abductions.)

It may be the most hubristic and silly and potentially dangerous thing humanity has ever done.

That aside.

Scientists basically use statistics to justify SETI.

On that basis, they should be doubling down for sasquatch.  The evidence is not only far more voluminous, and consistent (what praytell is the consistent evidence for ALIENS...???),  but far more direct. 

And less likely to be wrong.

Got a hypothetical for you. 

What if there is a multiple witness encounter by people who are pristinely unaware that the existence of bigfoot is possible?  They've never heard of bigfoot or sasquatch or have a clue that such an undocumented hominid may exist.

What if they have a close, clear, unobstructed daylight view of the subject such that they are able to determine that it is not a man, but otherwise unable to say what it is other than to describe its appearance and behavior as observed?

What if their thought process is first, "That MAN's huge!" Then: "Wait!  He's eight and a half feet tall, over four foot wide at the shoulder, and covered in hair through which you can clearly see muscle definition, and his fingertips hang below his knees!  He CAN'T BE a man!  But WHAT is he?!"?

What if ultimately they decide that what they saw  COULD ONLY HAVE BEEN some sort of freakish man?  Not a bigfoot or a sasquatch because they don't even know that those may exist, but a freakish MAN, because the only thing remotely similar to what they encountered is a man.

I'll submit that this is a very common pattern in encounters.  People who run into them first assume that they are men until they are forced to conclude otherwise due to close observation.

This is much different than the proverbial leap of wishful thinking that something is a squatch when it is actually something else.

The hypothetical is interesting, but as you point out, hardly novel when it comes to BF reports. I would wonder how many of those convictions were coached after the fact by reporting agencies like the BFRO. We have all certainly seen them do it on TV.  "Did it do this....?"   "Was it this high...?"   etc, etc, ....which inevitably leads to "Dude, you totally saw a Squatch! Welcome to the club!" 

But ultimately anecdotal evidence does not increase in value based on the volume, consistency, source or tone of the reports.  Period.

LCB, I guess posting my sighting here is as good as anywhere, since this is about urban bigfoot. I will start by saying I was introduced to the bfro by my brother. I read some of the sightings, listened to their sounds and  what they thought it might be. I took it with a grain of salt. Then in 2002 while visiting my daughter who lived in Georgia at the time. We both heard what we thought was one. It was late and we had decided to set around a fire. It started with the dogs in the distance barking then more and more dogs joined in until we had to raise our voice to be heard. Then came this call that was so loud and the only way to discribe it was a dinosaur movie because of the volume. It did it twice, then we heard 4 gunshots then silence. A few minutes later we heard sirens headed in that direction. The call is close to what is called the siren call on bfro. Now I did know that bfro used calling techiques, so maybe that was what was going on. Still there was 4 gunshots. So, I don't know. I do know what I heard was so amazingly loud.

Now fast forward a few years. One of my son's was visiting and had taken his 2 labs to the forest preserve on the edge of town for a run. When he came back he told me about a deer leg he saw. He said it looked like it had been ripped off the deer and not cut. It was fresh. He thought it was odd. So did I. Still I didn't go out to investigate. Fast forward a few more years. My same daughter who lived in Georgia had moved back up here and we had went out to the preserves for a walk. On the trail there was what looked like a footprint, bare footprint. It was about the size of a mans 12 shoe. At that time I wasn't into measuring anything. I did snap a picture. The following spring me and my same daughter went for a walk again in the same forest preserve and left the main trail and took a side trail to the creek to see if we could cross it. Before we reached the creek , bird's started going crazy. When we got there we heard things hitting ground on the other side of the creek and the bird's were still going crazy. What i'm going to say doesn't make sense, at least to me it doesn't. Intense fear overcame me from out of nowhere. I had to fight the fear to keep from running. I didn't understand it. The creek was to high to cross so my daughter said let's go back. When we started walking away the fear went as fast as it had came. To this day I don't know if I caused it myself because of the noise from the bird's and the things hitting the ground. I do know I didn't have that same type fear when I did see one.

Fast forward a few more years. Me and my family had went to another forest preserve about 10 miles south of us. My son in law was leaving for boot camp, so we had a going away party for him and it was one of my grandchildren's birthday. They had trials, which I wanted to walk. I couldn't get anyone to go with me so I went by myself. It was fall and chilly, so there was only 1 other group out there, which was 4 people. I went down the main trail for a ways then turned off onto a side trail. It made a loop. About half way around the loop, I stopped and was looking  down a small ravine. I heard what sounded like a twig snap. I stayed and was expecting a deer to come out from behind one of the bushes. Instead I heard a grunt. I'm standing there not believing what i just heard , when I heard another grunt but louder. It sounded just like a gorilla. I turned and walked out of the loop and onto the main trail. I wasn't really frightened at the time, just a little nervous. walking a short distance I notice a path threw the tall grasses. It was way to big for deer. I had gotten to know deer paths. These tall grasses were in front of the area I had came out of. They were about 4 and a half feet tall. I'm 5 foot. Well curiosity got me and I had to see where the path lead. Sometimes I am to curious for my own good. I got to the end of the tall grasses and could see there was still a worn path but it was leading around a large bush. Now I am deciding if I want to go closer to see if the trail leads back into the trees. In order to do that it would put me closer to the trees. I took a few steps forward and still couldn't tell. I looked at my watch to see what time it was and if I had time. I had been out there for quite awhile. I then looked up to my left were the trail was going and back down to my watch. I was trying to talk myself into going closer and around that bush. I then looked up again and that is when I saw it. It was running just inside the tree line. It was brown, slender, about 6 foot tall, the hair was about 2 inches long. It was a liitle stooped over while it was running and actually grabbed a small tree as though to propel itself. This was fall and a lot of leaves were off the trees. This and the fact that it was only about 40 feet away is why I could see it clearly.. It made no sound when it ran and i can tell you it runs as fast as any other animal. Amazing speed. I stood there for a few seconds stunned then fear gripped me because the realization that it was running in the direction I was looking to go. I felt like I was being cut off at the pass. At that instant I turned and walked back through those tall grasses trying to look over them and telling myself don't run, don't run, if you don't want to be chased, it's okay it's not going to hurt you. Over and over i kept telling myself these things. I got to the main trail and walked out looking into the forest all the time. When I made it out, everyone was gone except my husband who was sitting there waiting for me. My heart sank. I wanted someone to go back with me. Even though it was scary, it was exciting too. My husband at that time could not walk much and I couldn't put him through that. I can tell you I was So upset that everyone was gone and of course one one believed me.

Now were I live is what gets me. Because I live in Sauk Village Ill. The very southern end of cook county, right next to The Indiana border. My sighting was In Will county at a forest preserve called Goodnow Grove about ten miles south of me. Google it.

Once again, SETI is searching the universe, which is a pretty big place. We've recently been discovering earth-like planets in other galaxies.

On that basis, they should be doubling down for sasquatch.  The evidence is not only far more voluminous, and consistent (what praytell is the consistent evidence for ALIENS...???),  but far more direct. 

And less likely to be wrong.

Statistically speaking, if the "evidence" really is of bigfoot then it should have been caught by now.

A claim of a population of giant monkeys living across the continent is more comparable to a claim of a brontosaurus living in Kansas than one of an intelligent civilization living somewhere in the vast universe.

Edited by Jerrymanderer

But ultimately anecdotal evidence does not increase in value based on the volume, consistency, source or tone of the reports.  Period.

Yes it does.  The history of science - and any scientist's opinion - is all the proof anyone needs for that.  But that's a world some are trying hard not to live in.

Once again, SETI is searching the universe, which is a pretty big place. We've recently been discovering earth-like planets in other galaxies.

Earth-like?  Do they have an Albuquerque there...?

Statistically speaking, if the "evidence" really is of bigfoot then it should have been caught by now.

A claim of a population of giant monkeys living across the continent is more comparable to a claim of a brontosaurus living in Kansas than one of an intelligent civilization living somewhere in the vast universe.

No it's not.  The latter is a pipe dream.  With zero evidence backing it up.  That would be zero.

When you have put in the time to understand the difference between egghead pipe dreams and consistent, voluminous evidence...give a yell.

It's not serious just because scientists do it.  I mean, it might be serious to *them.*

Edited by DWA

Zero.

Denial?  Rich.  One piece of evidence for little green men.  Go.

Egg.  Head.  Pipe.  Dream.

It's like me looking for unicorns because somewhere on this enormous earth there must be one.

Edited by DWA