Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

Its just one of us hoo's from hoosville, can you here me, I will persist to think I am vital to this thread, though I realize that it has a life of it's own, and as long as you are here I can harass you all with my lines of reasoning. You see this is all just my catharsis for an otherwise crazy life as a husband of a teacher, and a seasonal golf pro. This whole interest in bigfoot took on a like of it's own in my mind last winter, as I read every book I found worthy of my dollar on the subject. Which in all honesty was not that many. And some of what I spent my dollar on I regretted. Which is to say that this subject is indeed an industry, which corrupts even honest men into embellishment. I hope to separate myself from it by simply bringing forth honest information and assessment at no cost to others, except their time. While many claim expertise I claim only the hunger to know the truth, even if I am proved wrong in all regards. Hope some of you still listen to the recording stuff, and give me an opinion, if you think I am going nuts it's fine to tell so. I wonder sometimes why I am trying to do anything, except for the realization that I am trying to prove my experience was real, that I didn't waste my time reading all those books, and that just possibly my apples are being tossed back.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

1. You're not going nuts.

2. I think it could be a BF setting the coyotes off, & singing along with them.

3. They don't care if you're not selling anything. Scoftics aren't buying it anyway.

Thanks Sasfooty, your always as encouraging as the cute pic that accompanies you

edit retake, sorry,

Naw. Don't quit your day job to be an armchair psychologist.

Once they get their hooks into you, you can't help yourself. Doesn't matter what you think about the real world. You soon find out it isn't real anyway.

[Getting back to the OP - the sound at :42 mark sounds like a coyote to me.  I do hear something that could be a stick break at 1:30, but it could be a number of things as well.  This is recording out your window?  Is there a way to set it up in the brush that is 50 yards away - or deeper into the marsh land?

Yah I could, but I would have to find a means to cover it, and it has just been easy. Well alright now I am curious if things would sound better, maybe the cars would be slightly less, and the stick break sounds might be clearer, sold...

LCB, a quick inexpensive way to protect your recorder for outside use is a simple coffee can with a lid if you could use an external wire mic. Cut a slit in the lid of the coffee can, place the recorder in the can, run the mic wire through the coffee can slit then into the recorder and set it to record. Seal the lid to the can with duct tape along with the slit in the lid around the mic wire to avoid moisture getting in and set it out.

I've got some recordings of howls and stick breaks also using this method with the can, will add to the thread when I get time.  jmo, with my old recorder I get clearer sounds using the external mic.

wow, what a night, I went out to toss apples and do my normal whistles(12am ish), then I did some real soft whoops very abbreviated, and I heard movement and I had two objects thrown at me, but to make the matter really confusing just then I noticed my neighbor two doors down but a good 100 yards standing outside his door. I think he was having a smoke, a behavior I noticed before, he coughed loudly as if to get my attention, but I could be mistaken. This is the third incident where something was thrown back at me after I threw the apples, and I never saw anyone aware of my activity before, but that bothers me to think he might know what I was doing, doubt whether he would know why. Anyway, it is really mind boggling to have stuff thrown back at you because unless ghosts have good arms, something physical is throwing stuff back at you. The brush area I am throwing the apples into is not very large, but very dense, so nothing I throw goes very far, and a long toss from any where to me would be almost impossible. The angle of the return tosses seemed to come straight from the brush, first is sounded like an apple, then a stone, so I might be able to find the stone! Maybe they left a few prints, I will do a search because the ground may be a bit softer due to recent rain,

So I wanted to hear all this stuff on my recording, and as luck would have it I only got 4 seconds and my batteries died, that how it goes... dazed and confused...I really did not sleep well after that, I just can't get it out of my head, and I need to know that I am alone outside when I do anything in the future, because I really do not want to give anyone any idea I think something is living in the area, that would defeat my whole purpose.  All the Yahoos around here have guns, and i cant really go wondering into yards or chance being mistaken for a prowler.  Their are only 5 houses that border this little marsh, and I sit between two of them, my aging neighbor allowed a his back lot to grow in, which is the brushy area I am talking about, it is thick with buckthorn, and has a meadow area of wildflowers and grasses, just a small patch, but you could easily ambush a coyote or a dear moving by while you hid inside of it.  If you were scared run off into the marsh, which grass stands about 7 foot tall and is not easy for a human to negotiate quickly.  I guess the brushy area is one of a kind along the marsh because the natural process was upset, first it was a mowed area, then they let it go, which allowed the buckthorns to thrive, other border to the marsh is mostly willow, ash, and some really nice oaks, some poplar as well...

Let's just say my "ignore" list is long, and getting longer. If enough do this, the result just might be more first-hand evidence is posted here, which I'm convinced has been driven to person-to-person channels for sharing to avoid being told the poster is prone to (Oh, excuse me, told their EVIDENCE is the product of ...  I'm sure it is just a matter of too thin-skin on their part!) lies ,delusion, naivety or some combination of the three, by those who lack the credibility with a lot of us to have their opinions matter. See, I'm for more evidence being posted here, not less. Anyone else?

While Forum guidelines do not permit me to address this directly with those I have in mind,  here, I will just state categorically these individuals are not worth my time. No, I would not expect them to care.

If such a resource as this wants to be squandered, I have no ability to prevent that, of course. It would seem a shame though. 

This merits re-posting.  I'm doing what WSA is doing, and it might be a good way to clear the air here (not to mention keeping threads on topic and not veering every one into informed vs. uninformed).  The OP seems of late to be one of the few posting on what the OP wanted to talk about.

There is nothing like Ignore.  It is there for a reason, and the reason is reasoned dialogue.  If people refuse to reason...there's a way to avoid it.  It has really changed the board for me.

I will submit that the weakest form of evidence is actually skeptical opinion/argument, because it is even more derivative than eye witness testimony and based solely upon assumption and opinion, particularly the dismissal of entire categories of evidence with the wave of a hand.

Is this the Roesch whose quote is the basis of argument?

Seems a relative neophyte.

Ben S. Roesch is Webmaster of Cryptozoology - Searching for Hidden Animals and Editor of The Cryptozoology Review. He is a grade 13 student in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, with a keen interest in cryptozoological studies and research.He is well-read and very interested in marine biology (particularly sharks), animal predatory behavior, and general zoology. He also enjoys the wonders of punk rock, mountain biking, and surfing.

Ben S. RoeschEditor

Cryptozoology and Science
www.forteantimes.com, 31 July 2003 [cached]
Ben S. Roesch

Is cryptozoology a science?
Ben S. Roesch is editor of The Cryptozoology Review and a marine biology student at the University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada.His cryptozoology column will be appearing regularly at forteantimes.com
Cryptozoology and Science
www.forteantimes.com, 13 July 2001 [cached]
Ben S. Roesch

Is cryptozoology a science.This question that has long been debated between cryptozoologists and mainstream scientists.Unsurprisingly , cryptozoology is usually held to be scientific by its practitioners , including some scientists.Other scientists , however , have found it difficult to call cryptozoology a science , often with good reason – much of cryptozoology is rife with credulous thinking and illogical conclusions.Unfortunately , I find that some of these critics are overly biased in their treatment of cryptozoology , often taking stances and presenting arguments that remind me more of the very people they are criticizing than of true scientists.There are , however , some good reasons for stating that cryptozoology is not a science , or at best a very weak one.
Ben S. Roesch is editor of The Cryptozoology Review and a marine biology student at the University of Guelph , Ontario , Canada.His cryptozoology column will be appearing regularly at forteantimes.com.

Read responses to this article

If you'd like to respond to this article , email us.

Ben S. Roesch (Fortean ...
www.cicap.org [cached]
Ben S. Roesch (Fortean Times)
Cryptozoology Biographies: R
www.cryptozoologicalrealms.com, 13 Mar 2000 [cached]
Rebsamen, William M. | Roesch, Ben S. | R | Michel Raynal | R | Bill Rebsamen
Photo courtesy of Ben S. Roesch

bz050@freenet.carleton.ca

Cryptozoology - Searching for Hidden Animals

Ben S. Roesch is Webmaster of Cryptozoology - Searching for Hidden Animals and Editor of The Cryptozoology Review.He is a grade 13 student in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, with a keen interest in cryptozoological studies and research.He is well-read and very interested in marine biology (particularly sharks), animal predatory behavior, and general zoology.He also enjoys the wonders of punk rock, mountain biking, and surfing.
Ben S. RoeschEditorThe Cryptozoology Review166 Pinewood Ave.Toronto ONCanada M6C 2V5(416) 653-4955bz050@freenet.carleton.ca

I will submit that the weakest form of evidence is actually skeptical opinion/argument, because it is even more derivative than eye witness testimony and based solely upon assumption and opinion, particularly the dismissal of entire categories of evidence with the wave of a hand.

Not sure that could be said better.  Not that bigfoot skeptics understand that.

And yes they pick the [chuckle] most authoritative authorities they can authoritate...orize.

Edited by DWA

Well I went out to investigate for footprints and found something else that might explain some stuff. The poplar tree that hangs over my yard is dropping those seed branches, or whatever they are, and this might explain what I thought were objects being thrown at me, they are very much in the same area, so it seems logical that I was over amped, and I just did not realize what was falling from the trees, my bad. Hey I said I wanted to be completely honest in what I present here, so I would rather admit being wrong, than pretend more is happening than is really true. In a way I am relieved, because It was getting a little weird, now I can go back to thinking they only visited me in July and don't hang around all summer. That is safer to my psyche. Nothing like this could explain the whoops though, If I could explain those away I wouldn't be here...Or at least not in the same capacity...anyway it makes me feel better that my neighbor was not involved, so this might also explain the stick breaks in the silence of the coyotes going off, just branches falling till I can prove otherwise. We need to rule out natural causes of things, the tree I said fell when I was peeing and made some whistles was pretty rotten, even though the timing was really odd, and it broke off at 7 feet.

SSR Team

Fair play to you for admitting that you were wrong LCB, hats off to you..

All of us are wrong at certain times, it's those that can't admit that are the problem.. ;)

Just out of curiosity, have you actually seen one with your own eyes where you are ?

Edited by BobbyO

@LCB, when you do your apple tossing, you should also keep your eye in the trees (if there are any in/along the marsh you speak of).

Good luck.