Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

[scientists] are relying on data from others, the same others they seem to thine aren't qualified to make the very observations the scientists so far are relying on for data, not putting their own boots on the ground.   All science is doing so far is re-considering others work, not doing new work.   The difference MATTERS.

MIB

Right.

I have never heard a scientist make a negative utterance on this subject that was worthy of science.

It's been said that virtually all science that is practiced is repeating, with small variations, the work of one's predecessors.  This is true.  Don't get me wrong; it's staggering what science has accomplished.  But the vast majority of scientists simply don't react appropriately to any request to pronounce upon things they haven't reviewed.

The appropriate expert response?  "I don't know, and await the proof."  If not, that is, going out to get it oneself.

Any other response, and those of us who are paying attention are going to start in on you.

Delta Zu- what makes you think that "human level intelligence" would get them out of becoming a specimen?

Humans become dead specimens every single day.

"I have never heard a scientist make a negative utterance on this subject that was worthy of science." -DWA

In your, not so humble, opinion of course. I have read some, but of course you would dismiss them since you are the self-appointed sole arbiter of what is right and wrong with all of science and Bigfoot.

Believers fall in the skeptics trap every time! I guess that ccan be attributed to some believers remaining in the "animal" camp.

Once you view this topic even skeptically in the human camp it nearly all falls into place. We believers continously fall for the "Well how come we have photos,scat, etc, for all other animals but not BF". We then have to stumble and bumble and flail about due to our not correcting skeptics on the "animal" comparison.

When you attack the subject with the equation that BF are a type of human with at least EQUAL intelligence, the quizzical questions which are roadblocks can be answered.

The nearest comparison I can make is to a combat mos ssoldier such as a beret or delta. Imagine a family of these soldiers who are operating in enemy lands. Actually scratch that...enemies are operating in their lands! For whatever reason they do not desire contact with the invaders.

Have to take into account that BF goes beyond human soldiers. Our soldiers are merely trained to operate in the wild. BF are born there! The wild is their television and living rooms, so basically they are intuned to the wild in a manner we just can't comprehend. It's why they notice cameras we think we've hidden well. I wonder if wasp think their nests are well hidden on our porches we know so well?

Address the questions with BF being human and you can answer the impossible questions!

Gotta say I disagree with this.  It's just like "It's obvious...they're Saucer People!"  Or "they're 4th-dimensional shape-shifters!"

One doesn't get far answering an unknown with an enigma.  The evidence doesn't tell me that they are either (1) human, or (2) that much stealthier than anything else.  (NAWAC sure doesn't seem to be having problems seeing them; and from the sound of things, we may have a 'slab monkey' sooner than anyone but NAWAC thinks.)

I keep hearing people saying "they're obviously Higher [= human or better]."  Actually, what keeps us from confirmation is that humans aren't nearly as All That as we think we are.  We KNOW this can't be happening....so we simply ignore the copious and consistent evidence that it IS happening.  But when we are focused on something, nature hasn't created a better observer (that's where science comes from).  We look at how **** amazing we can be when we are focused...and ignore how ignant we can be when we aren't.

The upshot?  The observant, skeptical, all-knowing scientists absolutely ignore thousands of observations coming from ...well, the most observant animal on the entire planet.

When it wants to be.

Sasquatch remains unconfirmed not because humans are that smart...but because humans don't take into account how very dumb we can be when something doesn't engage us.

"NAWAC sure doesn't seem to be having problems seeing them" -DWA

Except when looking through a camera lens apparently...

"The observant, skeptical, all-knowing scientists absolutely ignore thousands of observations coming from ...well, the most observant animal on the entire planet." -DWA

And the most imaginative and falsehood bearing animal on the planet too.

Edited by dmaker

what if their opinion is that there's not enough to warrant further investigation?

Again, no.   If they are discounting the data non-scientists present because they are non-scientists, then they don't have enough information to work from for their opinions to be taken as serious professional opinions, they're just under-informed members of the public ... exactly what they consider the non-scientist to be.   It's circular.   They have to get out in the field to do some work if they want their opinions to be counted any more heavily than yours or mine. 

MIB

NAWAC got their blind destroyed and it doesn't matter when it happened it happened.  It's a message, as I posted in the NAWAC thread:  Get Out!!

Something with an intellect decided to send that message IMO.  We have all heard about reports where logs were laid across a path, not sure why, but my guess is because someone did not want you there??  Stay Out!

Unless scientists are independently wealthy, they may not be able to have an opinion at the risk of losing their jobs.  Military personnel will sometimes spill the beans however, not often.....

Dmaker,

You have no idea what the truth is but if you keep trying, ya just never know...............

For what it's worth, I did not go looking for an eight foot hairy man living across the road from my house in 1973.  I'm pretty sure he was there first.

Urban or not, they live among us and that's a fact.

Again, no.   If they are discounting the data non-scientists present because they are non-scientists, then they don't have enough information to work from for their opinions to be taken as serious professional opinions, they're just under-informed members of the public ... exactly what they consider the non-scientist to be.   It's circular.   They have to get out in the field to do some work if they want their opinions to be counted any more heavily than yours or mine. 

MIB

Right.

The demurrers I hear from uninformed scientists are the same exact precise ones I hear from uninformed laymen.

That's telling.

NAWAC got their blind destroyed and it doesn't matter when it happened it happened.  It's a message, as I posted in the NAWAC thread:  Get Out!!

Something with an intellect decided to send that message IMO.  We have all heard about reports where logs were laid across a path, not sure why, but my guess is because someone did not want you there??  Stay Out!

Unless scientists are independently wealthy, they may not be able to have an opinion at the risk of losing their jobs.  Military personnel will sometimes spill the beans however, not often.....

Dmaker,

You have no idea what the truth is but if you keep trying, ya just never know...............

For what it's worth, I did not go looking for an eight foot hairy man living across the road from my house in 1973.  I'm pretty sure he was there first.

Urban or not, they live among us and that's a fact.

Got any pictures or other compelling evidence that you have an 8ft hairy man living across the road from you in 1973? If not, then sorry but I do not believe that you had such a thing in fact.

Edited by dmaker

^^My conclusion remains unaltered.

Clearly they are quite proficient at remaining concealed to those who choose to rationalize away entire categories of evidence.

Edited by JDL

Quite proficient at remaining concealed to those who are attempting to collect evidence as well it seems. That, however, I do not attribute to a putative species intelligence level.