Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

Clearly they are quite proficient at remaining concealed to those who choose to rationalize away entire categories of evidence.

My point exactly.

Proponents and skeptics alike go back and forth with "They elude because of x!"  "They can't possibly be that elusive!"

You're both much more wrong than you are right.  You can't confirm a fox with the effort that has gone into confirming sasquatch.  Way it is.

But they telepathically communicated with my dog that they're sorry they destroyed the blind, and I heard BF Morse code explaining the log is simply to try to trip unwary puny humans.

Quite proficient at remaining concealed to those who are attempting to collect evidence as well it seems. That, however, I do not attribute to a putative species intelligence level.

Look one in the eyes and it will change your perspective on a bunch of things.

1.  The question of their existence. 

2.  That your own continued existence is in question.

3.  That they possess human equivalent intelligence.

4.  That they are in control of the situation, not yourself.

5.  Evidence becomes moot; and skeptics, in the grand scheme of things, become relatively inane.

6.  That wisdom may have been achieved too late.

• Upvote 1

You can't confirm a fox with the effort that has gone into confirming sasquatch.  Way it is.

That's quite a strong claim. Especially considering that Roger Patterson was supposedly able to get one in plain sight.

JDL 2.  That your own continued existence is in question.

Would that be my own as in me in that moment, or mankind/society in general?  Is a Bigfoot invasion imminent in your opinion?

If by apply the correct equation you mean just make stuff up, then sure just about anything could be explained to our imaginations satisfaction.  I don't see anything that is believable that suggests we should "reward them human level intelligence".  That is a preposterous suggestion. Think about it a bit more please. If they had human level intelligence would one not expect to find things like tool use, structures beyond a pile of broken branches, clothing, etc, etc, etc.

Your last sentence is the problem!

We shouldn't EXPECT to find anything. We only do because of our arrogance that we know a lot. In reality, most of us can't imagine another organism as intelligent as we are and (2) we can't fathom how they would think. We assign human (as in us modern man) psychology to them if we attempt too.

For instance many state that if they were intelligent as we are, they would be using fire and tools and clothing. Our arrogant view of what something intelligent would do causes us to do this. I can offer a quick with no thought example of why this view can be wrong: Perhaps in their society...clothing and tool usage are indications of weakness?

Perhaps early in their evolution there came a fork where natural strength and size was the desired trait? At this same fork, we modern humans chose to go the technological route, while they chose to go the "all natural" route?

" Perhaps in their society...clothing and tool usage are indications of weakness?"

This makes no logical sense for an animal that has to live and thrive in extremely harsh climates. To think that Bigfoot evolved a high intelligence and then chooses not to use it to assist in the survival of its species?   Sorry, but that just sounds like made up stuff to support your completely subjective, unfounded claims about Bigfoot.

When they die, do they go to the old (incorrect notion) idea of an "elephant graveyard?" Is that why no bodies are found?

I'm not asking about fossils, although that presents an entirely whole new set of problems.

Since no one is capable of capturing a decent photo/video except for a couple of cowboys, some nigh-on fifty years ago, and since no "habituators" are capable of producing anything other than blobsquatch photos, and since secreted, camouflaged game cams are deemed anathema to the creatures in order to explain why they're not captured on said game cams, those "in the know", who've witnessed the creatures are forced to ascribe "forest ninja" skills to the creatures, in order to explain why they remain undiscovered. Oh, and some firmly believe they're somehow other-than-physical creatures, capable of dimension-jumping skills, or that they are mental giants that cloud men's minds (or was that The Shadow?)

Aye, yi yi yi. The mental gymnastic contortions necessary to keep the creature in the unknown, even though they regularly visit suburban Chicago, are enough to cause one to go cross-eyed.

• Upvote 1

Delta Zu- what makes you think that "human level intelligence" would get them out of becoming a specimen?

Humans become dead specimens every single day.

Imagine if YOU (I'm assuming you are intelligent and not meaning this in a sarcastic manner) were blessed with the size, strength and speed of a squatch. You KNOW that your life depends upon you avoiding humans and never giving them evidence you truly exist.

Having never smoked and your sense of smell isn't altered by city life, you have a keen sense of smell. Your hearing also hasn't been damaged by city living or whatever else distracts our sense of hearing. Your eyes haven't spent thousands of hours watching television or other bland events your entire your life. You are totally in tune with your surroundings because your survival depends upon it. EATING depends upon it!

You have the strength to lift a car. The girth and size to run through bushes and brambles a hunting dog wouldn't attempt. Instead of having to walk around bush...you can just walk through it.

You have short distance speed which would put a horse to shame.

Now couple your physical abilities with your current intelligence and a desire to not be found? Remember that instead of watching television for hours...you watch the land you live in and the sky. What this does is...though to us normal people...we think that camera is well camouflaged, but to you it is sticking out like a picture someone else hung on your wall! Not to mention the odor of humans hanging around it and also the BOOT PRINTS! Not to mention you or someone from your group saw them put it up because your television is watching EVERYONE who enters the woods. You always have anyone entering the woods under surveillance because it is entertainment for your species as well as critical.

You may or may not know what cameras are EXACTLY but you know they mean you no good. You do know what guns are just as some other animals!

If you can, simply imagine this...

When they die, do they go to the old (incorrect notion) idea of an "elephant graveyard?" Is that why no bodies are found?

I'm not asking about fossils, although that presents an entirely whole new set of problems.

Since no one is capable of capturing a decent photo/video except for a couple of cowboys, some nigh-on fifty years ago, and since no "habituators" are capable of producing anything other than blobsquatch photos, and since secreted, camouflaged game cams are deemed anathema to the creatures in order to explain why they're not captured on said game cams, those "in the know", who've witnessed the creatures are forced to ascribe "forest ninja" skills to the creatures, in order to explain why they remain undiscovered. Oh, and some firmly believe they're somehow other-than-physical creatures, capable of dimension-jumping skills, or that they are mental giants that cloud men's minds (or was that The Shadow?)

Aye, yi yi yi. The mental gymnastic contortions necessary to keep the creature in the unknown, even though they regularly visit suburban Chicago, are enough to cause one to go cross-eyed.

Nah, not really.  I mean, read your post.  Denial is all that's required, and I didn't have to do so much as a mental backflip.

imagine is the key word

it's all just too much speculation at this point. I guess it's just tough for me to imagine this creature evolving to have so many desirable physical traits but also intelligence to match humans.

Gotta say I disagree with this.  It's just like "It's obvious...they're Saucer People!"  Or "they're 4th-dimensional shape-shifters!"

One doesn't get far answering an unknown with an enigma.  The evidence doesn't tell me that they are either (1) human, or (2) that much stealthier than anything else.  (NAWAC sure doesn't seem to be having problems seeing them; and from the sound of things, we may have a 'slab monkey' sooner than anyone but NAWAC thinks.)

I keep hearing people saying "they're obviously Higher [= human or better]."  Actually, what keeps us from confirmation is that humans aren't nearly as All That as we think we are.  We KNOW this can't be happening....so we simply ignore the copious and consistent evidence that it IS happening.  But when we are focused on something, nature hasn't created a better observer (that's where science comes from).  We look at how **** amazing we can be when we are focused...and ignore how ignant we can be when we aren't.

The upshot?  The observant, skeptical, all-knowing scientists absolutely ignore thousands of observations coming from ...well, the most observant animal on the entire planet.

When it wants to be.

Sasquatch remains unconfirmed not because humans are that smart...but because humans don't take into account how very dumb we can be when something doesn't engage us.

Actually in a round about manner you have agreed with me...

As unobservant as we are...there's no way we would miss a 800lb, 8 foot primate, which is more abundant than we think.

On another note...of course what I consider also requires the assistance of agencies within the government of this country. In my opinion certain agencies in our government is WELL aware of BF. The only way they are not is if they are indeed paranormal. After doing some reading for the last few hours I came to this conclusion easily!

" Perhaps in their society...clothing and tool usage are indications of weakness?"

This makes no logical sense for an animal that has to live and thrive in extremely harsh climates. To think that Bigfoot evolved a high intelligence and then chooses not to use it to assist in the survival of its species?   Sorry, but that just sounds like made up stuff to support your completely subjective, unfounded claims about Bigfoot.

LOL...and there you go again! You are attempting to apply "human" logic to something which evolved on a different path than us!

To you and me it makes no sense because all we can be is....human. It takes imagination to place yourself outside of your box. I suppose everyone isn't blessed with this?

imagine is the key word

it's all just too much speculation at this point. I guess it's just tough for me to imagine this creature evolving to have so many desirable physical traits but also intelligence to match humans.

Is it "tough" because it humbles you? Does it cause envy?

I know it causes envy to rear its head in my world thinking about it! Makes me wonder how come they aren't the number one organisms on this planet. This thinking opens another door which leads too...perhaps they are? Or at least they think so? LOL...all this is said tongue in cheek because I'm pretty sure they know they are second to modern man in dominance on this planet.

No humbling or envy

I don't think I would care in the least if humans were not the most intelligent animal on the planet.

I have more trouble swallowing some of these ideas in the realm of evolution. I'm sure it's all possible but it doesn't seem likely to me.

Edited by mbh

"You KNOW that your life depends upon you avoiding humans and never giving them evidence you truly exist."

Then the last thing I would do is hang around backyards in suburban Chicago.

Nah, not really.  I mean, read your post.  Denial is all that's required, and I didn't have to do so much as a mental backflip.

Good. Maybe you can amuse yourself with a game of tiddlywinks instead?  You seem to suggest in your signature that it's a fun game...

Edited by dmaker