New Bf Show...

Watched a new BF show over the weekend on the History Channel, Cryptid: Swamp Beast. Another ridiculous amalgamation of contact reports,  pure fantasy,  monster movie meets reality show sort of format, complete with sub - B grade acting.  Another show that will help insure the general public never takes the subject seriously...

I enjoyed the new show. It was a refreshing change from the usual knocking, howling, baiting, running around with their hair on fire, that has grown so old.

....and what difference does it make if the general public never takes the subject seriously? REALLY!!!  :rolleyes:

It's technically well done and the acting is ok.  They're obviously building up to something "unexpected", so they'll likely create a new "mythology" and further confuse hard data by conflating everything else as a means of misdirecting the viewer from the "surprise" outcome.

What, no telepathy, infrasound, nor dimension jumping? Not very accurate, at least per BFF.

Hello Incorrigible1,

That's 'cause a show like that isn't geared to the public; it's format is aimed at all the anthropologists who actually study these Creatures. You know, science.

Edited by hiflier

What, no telepathy, infrasound, nor dimension jumping? Not very accurate, at least per BFF.

You're not being as snarky as you sound, right, just lashing out 'cause they didn't include your imaginary bird?

MIB

• Upvote 1

I watched it, it was ok but not great.   I watched it for the comments from Meldrum and the few other scientists that made appearances.  I really wish they would bring back MonsterQuest !!

Edited by NathanFooter
  • Upvote 1

My bird didn't send mind pictures.

Yet.  :)   Karma has a way of appearing at the most inopportune times.  

Not sure I've ever gotten mind pictures but I'm not going to ridicule anyone who says they did.  If it happens to me, I'm going to try to apply some science to figuring out the mechanism rather than "whistle past the graveyard" because something happened I don't want to acknowledge or understand.   That's just me, though, everyone has to do what they think is right for them.

MIB

• Upvote 1

When it comes to BF shows on TV I got "beer goggles" and will watch any of them. The only one I could never stomach was one with Dave Shealy called "Skunk Ape".

The new show has grown on me and is better than the "Mountain Monster" show from WV

Guest JiggyPotamus

Haven't seen it personally, but will try to whenever I can. Regarding the public and their view of the sasquatch community...I've concluded that they are never going to take us or the subject seriously until the animal is proven to exist, so there is really no point in even attempting to present a solid case to the outside world. I don't really mean that, because I know that there are people out there who will be objective, instead of outright dismissing all of the available evidence.

But as far as shows like this one are concerned, they probably do not hurt public opinion very much, considering that naysayers will all view the subject the same way before and after watching the show, while objective people are not going to dismiss the idea of sasquatch based on a television show alone, since they are objective people...the only people who might be turned off completely are those who are not very objective, and who never really thought about sasquatch much before. And I don't think the opinion of people like that actually matters very much, lol. Seriously though, why care about the opinion of someone who is not fair in the first place?