Is Sasquatch In Your Back Yard?

Hammer102492

I think Sasquatch are in my back yard. 

If you think you have them nearby, how confident are you that once a week you could go outside and get some sort of sign?

I'm thinking that my percentage is 50%.

Almost willing to test it right now, or any time that someone asks.  I ain't calling them though.  No idea what I would be saying to them if I did.  I just think that they respond / react to me. 

Maybe I should have just included this on the habituation thread.  My apologies to that thread.

Questions:

1)  Do you think you have them in your back yard

2)  If you went outside at the right time, what is the percentage that you think you would get a sign, (hear it, or see it).

3)  How do you deal with it mentally that SSQ lives in your backyard?

4)  Does anyone tell you that you're crazy and SSQ doesn't live in the back yard.

Just wondering.

Thanks,

Hammer

1. Not in my back yard, but in the nearby hills and mountains that I can see from the rooftop patio of my building  My "backyard" is downtown in a city of 150,000 so that would definitely be for the "Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?" thread.

2. .0000001%

3, Fascinated by the fact that I know they live in those nearby hills.

4. Yes, often. If I can't convince them that there's that possibility, even in the slightest, I don't let it bother me, and wonder about their closed mindedness.

I know this isn't the same as your own "right outside my door" experiences of last year, Hammer, but it's my own experience and thoughts, so it sort of fits your thread, and someone has to be the first to answer you. :ok:

Edited by BC witness

SSR Team

I think Sasquatch are in my back yard. 

If you think you have them nearby, how confident are you that once a week you could go outside and get some sort of sign?

I'm thinking that my percentage is 50%.

)

In that case you could equally say that you don't think they're in your back yard, which would be much more probable.

But if they are, go and take some HD pics and video of them so people don't have to attempt to shoot one in order to prove their existence.

Guest Darrell

Even better, if they are in your backyard, shoot one and prove their existence! You would be famous.

I don't need fame at the cost of personal integrity.   I don't need fame at the cost of what I consider murder.   In fact ... I pretty much don't need fame. 

MIB

Our place is a no kill zone.

Thanks BC witness.

Maybe they are not in my backyard, but just think they are.

Guest Llawgoch

1. Not in my back yard, but in the nearby hills and mountains that I can see from the rooftop patio of my building  My "backyard" is downtown in a city of 150,000 so that would definitely be for the "Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?" thread.

2. .0000001%

3, Fascinated by the fact that I know they live in those nearby hills.

4. Yes, often. If I can't convince them that there's that possibility, even in the slightest, I don't let it bother me, and wonder about their closed mindedness.

I know this isn't the same as your own "right outside my door" experiences of last year, Hammer, but it's my own experience and thoughts, so it sort of fits your thread, and someone has to be the first to answer you. :ok:

Their closed mindedness in that they have spent their lives and/or known many people who have spent their lives wandering in those hills, seen nothing that could possibly be attributed to Bigfoot, and refuse to believe you when you say you do?

How is that closed minded?  At what point does refusing to cast aside the collective and personal experience of many years for one person's say-so stop being sense and become closed-minded?

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN!

Just stepped out to have a cigarette and heard some crazy crazy sounds from just down the road!!!

SEE? THIS is what I'm talking about. Glad it wasn't from my yard.

It was like a crazy hyena laugh, the followed shortly by another lesser one. Could have been a coyote, but I've never heard one like that and it wasn't a pack.

That was cool.

Where's Bobo and Moneymaker, Cliff and Renea when you need them? I can only imagine what Moneymaker would have done if he heard that. I clearly heard it. Dang, wish I could have recorded that for you guys. Lol, this place is amazing. Just heard a deer snort nearby too. I have to stay outside a few minutes longer. It 30 degrees now. Not too bad by comparison. I'm a little too chicken to turn the porch light out though. Very cool. Maybe it was a coyote, but a very loud spirited one. It didn't fit the normal coyote sound pattern though. I think the Ssq are enjoying themselves tonight.

Llawgoch, I have spoken to many non-witnesses, who are open to at least hearing my story, and considering the amassed evidence (evidence, not proof) of sightings and tracks, and apreciate their listening, and I have met some who outright refuse to even consider the idea; that appears to be the very definition of close-minded, to me. YMMV

Well let's see...

1. Yes, but they don't live here. They pass through on the power line right of way.

2. The percentage varies greatly. 50% or less in the winter.....50% or greater as it gets warmer.

3. Greatly unnerved at first, scared from time to time but I learned to deal with it. Having my dog's helps a lot.They are my "early warning system" and as long as they don't bother my dog's, it is live and let live.

4. If they think I am crazy, they don't say it. Most of my friends and family know me well and know that I wouldn't make this up. My neighbors have seen and heard enough themselves that they believe it...but at least one thinks the hill is haunted instead. LOL

I have enjoyed your posts so much that I thought I would answer you whether it puts me on the hot seat or not. It just is what it is most days. Every once in awhile I get panicked and scared again...And that will probably never totally go away. Hope this helps you in some way....it can be a difficult path to acceptance. :)

Hey Mockingbird, thanks for your post and kind words!

You have a good percentage there.

We have a lot in common. Good to know that you started like me. Appreciate the veterans like you helping the rookies like me.

Our dog likes to run around and bark at deer all the time, but we keep him inside at night. One time he was with me sitting in a remote part of our property and he was on full alert, ears, eyes, body language. He stayed by my side. Two nights later a friend of ours watched a Ssq watching us closeby for 7 minutes. So our dog must have sensed that something was close.

Thanks again!

I have three dogs and they have three different reactions. The Pyr in my pic is pretty much buddies with them. She doesn't bark at them( a Pyr NOT bark! LOL) and will run to the fence wagging her tail. The other two used to run to the back door and whimper and whine to come back in. Now one, the lab mix warily follows the Pyr to the fence when she is out there wagging her tail in greeting. The third, a boxer is still not having any of it and runs back into the house....though she doesn't do it in the panicked way she did at the beginning. The night of my sighting, the Pyr ran to the fence wagging her tail and not barking so I knew I was not imagining what I saw.....She saw it too.

My first visual sighting occurred about 12 miles north of our house, which is located in a developed subdivision.  The sighting area was in a heavily wooded area.  After my visits there, strange and unusual things began to happen at night around my house.  When I stopped venturing into that site, the strange things stopped.

My guess is that the Big Guys wanted to return the visits.  I don't know for sure...