Misidentification

I told you:  I did, look it up.  Multiple locations.

You won't be satisfied until one knocks on your door.  So why should I lift that finger again?

Numerous unknown primate DNA results.  How many months have you had to look that up?

Oh, I have looked. No such thing exists, much less numerous times.

"So why should I lift that finger again?" DWA

Because it is your assertion and one should always back up ones assertions. Kinda essential and all...

No, not really.  When one knows that the homework isn't being done, well, not the teacher's responsibility to do the homework, correct?

Correct.

My assertions are copiously backed up.   Wanna bet the BFF would even exist if they weren't?  Ever hear of the UBF?  Nope, because unicorns and bigfoot are not the same thing.

Your assertions, on the other hand...

So...in other words, you cannot back it up. And it has something to do with unicorns with weird acronyms.   UBF...Unicorn Big Forum...? Unicorn Bigfoot? 

Ah, but I have done my homework. I have researched and state that there is no evidence of unknown primate dna results when analyzing alleged bigfoot samples.  Now your job as a teacher is to demonstrate where I am wrong. Not just say you are wrong because I say so.  That is not a very good teacher. 

Edited by dmaker

Guest LarryP

Not that I am putting them all into the same categories but I can do so if the evidence warrants it. The lack of evidence for bigfoot does make it possible and even plausible that bigfoot is not real and all of the reports are the result of hallucination, mistaken observation or hoax.

Again, that is statistically impossible.

If you'd like to prove otherwise, I'd love to see what you come up with.

But so far you haven't provided anything.

Ah, but I have done my homework. I have researched and state that there is no evidence of unknown primate dna results when analyzing alleged bigfoot samples.  Now your job as a teacher is to demonstrate where I am wrong. Not just say you are wrong because I say so.  That is not a very good teacher. 

A number of hair samples were tested by forensic scientists and were rejected as being from homo sapien based on morphology. They were then tested for mtDNA and found to be fully homo sapien. That finding creates a dilemma. The hair are undoubtedly primate, yet they are unknown as to their origin.

I would feel comfortable, if those findings could be repeated, that those hairs would qualify as an unknown type of primate, no?

Again, that is statistically impossible.

If you'd like to prove otherwise, I'd love to see what you come up with.

But so far you haven't provided anything.

What statistics are you talking about? Can you show us the figures you used and how you came to that conclusion?

A number of hair samples were tested by forensic scientists and were rejected as being from homo sapien based on morphology. They were then tested for mtDNA and found to be fully homo sapien. That finding creates a dilemma. The hair are undoubtedly primate, yet they are unknown as to their origin.

I would feel comfortable, if those findings could be repeated, that those hairs would qualify as an unknown type of primate, no?

No. It would simply be a human hair that was too damaged for conclusive morphological classification I would imagine. Could you please link where these results are published?

Edited by dmaker

Ketchum's study...

This result was from a number of different samples, including Southern Yahoo's. His did not look damaged.

That seems a bit sketchy to me. Some sort of reference to read might be helpful, but being it is from Ketchum, taking it seriously would be a challenge. Also, dna kinda trumps hair morphology, so if it comes back as fully HSS, then it's a human hair, not an unknown primate.  No?

Edited by dmaker

Hair morphology is a specialty with a long record. You can't just dismiss the field. The same results were obtained frome several different samples.

Hair morphology not human, does that mean not classifiable? Otherwise if not human, then what was it determined to be? If it could not be accurately classified, then why not?  

Guest LarryP

What statistics are you talking about? Can you show us the figures you used and how you came to that conclusion?

We already did.

What are your conclusions?