N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

"Today's was interesting because, unlike those I was present to experience, the tree involved was heathy and green. It stood about 60 yards away from the cabin and was about 50-60' tall with a diameter of 20-24". It was broken off about two feet above the ground. The wood was fresh and yellow and wet and showed no signs of disease or damage. It's breaking sounded like a gunshot as it snapped and fell. After the tree started to fall, the member present heard another thudding secondary impact we suspect was an ape falling out of the tree. This is exactly what I experienced a few weeks ago. "

Even if there are skunk apes, no animal could snap off a two foot diameter tree two feet off the ground.  I bet an elephant couldn't do it.  

t.

• Upvote 2

The aggressive behavior could be some form of a declaration of war for shooting one of their own.

Figure it took them four years to pass the motion?

We have an engineer in the group:

After running a quick calcuation, based on a 20" diameter tree (red oak species of a mid-grade), with a 1500 lb lateral load at 45 feet high, the tree would most likely begin to yield. With more force and/or constant swaying action, I believe it's very possible to brake the tree at it's base. If the lateral load was higher, it would not take even 1500 lb of force; conversely, if the lateral load was lower, it would take more force.

Edited by bipto

For those keeping score, we've now documented around eight tree breaks in the area immediately surrounding where we stay, including one from today. When I say "tree break" I don't mean a branch or a sapling. I mean whole, fully mature trees. We discuss one of these events for which I was present on the last BFS (episode 60). There was another that night we heard not too far off, though it sounded old and rotted. There was one during the week before. There have three this week and a couple sprinkled around the other teams. Not all the journals are edited yet so eight is an estimate but's it's not far off (if it's off).

Today's was interesting because, unlike those I was present to experience, the tree involved was heathy and green. It stood about 60 yards away from the cabin and was about 50-60' tall with a diameter of 20-24". It was broken off about two feet above the ground. The wood was fresh and yellow and wet and showed no signs of disease or damage. It's breaking sounded like a gunshot as it snapped and fell. After the tree started to fall, the member present heard another thudding secondary impact we suspect was an ape falling out of the tree. This is exactly what I experienced a few weeks ago.

Why all these trees are being brought down can only be speculated upon. Is it a new escalation of aggression? Is it a new favorite tactic to rile us up so we put on a show for them? Is this the sign of a new ape in the area or a newly ascended juvenile looking to make a name for himself? Impossible to say. We have documented the occasional tree break and fall in the past, but they were far less numerous and far apart from one another. All I know for sure is trees are being brought down purposefully and systematically by animals of incredible weight and/or impressive strength on a fairly regular basis. If anything, the events are accelerating.

Bipto, what's your take on this?

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/36042-tree-break/

Guest zenmonkey

Zen you can save that mess for the taxonomist. Nobody is attacking Bipto, It just feels that way because a non-human ape should have proven itself already with DNA.

What DNA? If you just had a body we would t need to argue over this

If the apes were climbing 45 feet up in a tree, and bringing a 24" diameter tree down, I am almost positive that you would have found a dead one by now.

Do you have a photo of the break?

• Upvote 1

I'm not getting how anything is proven with DNA when the community responsible for the proof is in denial.

But these are some danged interesting things going on in X, and I'd like to know more.  This thread should really be focused on what the people in the field are experiencing, right?

After the tree started to fall, the member present heard another thudding secondary impact we suspect was an ape falling out of the tree. This is exactly what I experienced a few weeks ago. "

One has to account for the tree hitting the ground as one of the impacts and potentially responsible for secondary impacts. It becomes tough to imagine what size of bigfoot it would take to bring down mature tree's even if it could hold it's body out perpendicular to the trunk at a high enough elevation to achieve that kind of leverage. Makes for a comical image though.

Edited by southernyahoo

Guest zenmonkey

You think that these goofy awkward feet are from a creature that spends a lot of time in the trees?

Ya I think I agree. I just don't see them spending much time in trees of course this is just my internet opinion. If bipto and someone like Kathy strain hypothesize they spend some time in trees. Well then that's well worth looking into.

One has to account for the tree hitting the ground as one of the impacts and potentially responsible for secondary impacts. It becomes tough to imagine what size of bigfoot it would take to bring down mature tree's even if it could hold it's body out perdendicular to the trunk at a high enough elevation to achieve that kind of leverage. Makes for a comical image though.

Maybe, but I'm sick to here of people saying "it can't be this" when they are unable to say what it is.

What is it?

If the apes were climbing 45 feet up in a tree, and bringing a 24" diameter tree down, I am almost positive that you would have found a dead one by now.

Do you have a photo of the break?

If a Sasquatch falls in the forest, and nobody observes it? Did it really happen? :)

• Upvote 1

You think that these goofy awkward feet are from a creature that spends a lot of time in the trees?

Um, just for the record, those aren't feet.  Those are casts of tracks.  Which seem to show a heck of a lot more flexibility than our feet do, and we aren't the worst species at climbing trees.

Dollars to doughnuts that if we didn't know gorillas climbed trees people would be saying "you gotta have better feet to do that."

Guest zenmonkey

For those keeping score, we've now documented around eight tree breaks in the area immediately surrounding where we stay, including one from today. When I say "tree break" I don't mean a branch or a sapling. I mean whole, fully mature trees. We discuss one of these events for which I was present on the last BFS (episode 60). There was another that night we heard not too far off, though it sounded old and rotted. There was one during the week before. There have three this week and a couple sprinkled around the other teams. Not all the journals are edited yet so eight is an estimate but's it's not far off (if it's off).

Today's was interesting because, unlike those I was present to experience, the tree involved was heathy and green. It stood about 60 yards away from the cabin and was about 50-60' tall with a diameter of 20-24". It was broken off about two feet above the ground. The wood was fresh and yellow and wet and showed no signs of disease or damage. It's breaking sounded like a gunshot as it snapped and fell. After the tree started to fall, the member present heard another thudding secondary impact we suspect was an ape falling out of the tree. This is exactly what I experienced a few weeks ago.

Why all these trees are being brought down can only be speculated upon. Is it a new escalation of aggression? Is it a new favorite tactic to rile us up so we put on a show for them? Is this the sign of a new ape in the area or a newly ascended juvenile looking to make a name for himself? Impossible to say. We have documented the occasional tree break and fall in the past, but they were far less numerous and far apart from one another. All I know for sure is trees are being brought down purposefully and systematically by animals of incredible weight and/or impressive strength on a fairly regular basis. If anything, the events are accelerating.

I understand exactly what you are taking about. That is exactly what I've heard in an area I go to often. Heard it several times around me in what seemed to be a calculated move. I never imagined it could be coming from within the tree itself ( I mean like as if they had climbed up onto it) I will hafta look up for now on. Good luck bipto stay safe. Edited by zenmonkey

What DNA? If you just had a body we would t need to argue over this

You don't get one without the other, and bigfoot hides within the evidence.