N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

Engineer calculations or not, no creature on the face of this earth is going to break a two foot diameter oak near the base.  Even in America!  :-) I think it's wise to move on to the next wood ape feat.  

t.

• Upvote 1

I think WSA's last post handled this concern, at least until someone else proves that something else happened.

One can't think about this the way a scientist needs to unless every posited theory is appropriately backed by evidence.

Engineer calculations or not, no creature on the face of this earth is going to break a two foot diameter oak near the base.  Even in America!  :-) I think it's wise to move on to the next wood ape feat.  

t.

Gotta watch it Terry!  Some may take such misinformation as fact.  I offer the following vids showing that animals and humans alike can push over large diameter trees.

Nice Cotter but pushing over a two ft. dia. oak and snapping one at the base are different feats of strength.  

t.

• Upvote 1

I think WSA's last post handled this concern, at least until someone else proves that something else happened.

One can't think about this the way a scientist needs to unless every posited theory is appropriately backed by evidence.

Where's the evidence a wood ape did it?

I think that a wood ape did it is at least a cogent hypothesis.  Taking it as a real event (is anyone prepared to say it wasn't, and please lets not cop to "I wasn't there, so I don't have to say...."), and the event of rocks being thrown immediately prior, and the event of the lone tree oscillating without wind, it compels to at least come up with something else, if it wasn't this. So....?  

Right.  400-pound coyote.  Forgot.

As did you.  Reading what bipto saw, I mean.

Did I?

"I saw the tree come down, I saw something large fall separately through the foliage and land heavily on the ground, I saw something grayish move rapidly away all from a distance of about 50 yards up a slope. "

Guest Suesquach

None of us can say it CAN'T happen since there's never been verifiable and documented proof of a wood ape pushing over a tree. Thanks Bipto for keeping us informed of your adventures in X!

C'mon dmaker...don't play that. What was it then, that did this, in the context of everything else Bipto described? Your theories are welcome, because I'm not getting any alternatives that really fit this series of events.

In the case of the tree I saw fall down, I also saw something large and dark fall through the foliage, wait about three seconds, then run off at high speed. It fell into heavy brush so I heard and felt the impact and then saw a quick flash of grayish colored critter fly off like the wind.

Secondary impacts could be from the tree that's fallen or other parts of trees it's taken out on the way down or it could be the animal responsible for the break. In the case of the one I saw, it was undoubtedly the animal. 

There's what bipto saw.  Are you telling me that was Stonewall Jackson's ghost?  Man I am glad we have bigfoot skeptics.

C'mon dmaker...don't play that. What was it then, that did this, in the context of everything else Bipto described? Your theories are welcome, because I'm not getting any alternatives that really fit this series of events.

Exactly.  What I do when somebody tells me it wasn't x, who can't give me any idea that passes the most basic sniff test of what it was, is just laugh and laugh and laugh.  Yep, they're gonna get right to the bottom of this, you betcha.

In my world bigfoot is not the default answer for everything. If an animal were even capable of this event I would compile a list of those animals that might be in that area and proceed with ruling them out before I even considered something like a "wood ape" as the answer. You prefer to start at bigfoot and then stop looking?

To answer you DWA, no it is not Stonewall Jacksons ghost, though in a choice between that and bigfoot it's a toss up as to which one is more likely. What bipto described seeing was large, dark and grayish colored. Are you telling me that the alleged wood ape is the only animal that could fit that description in that area? I find that hard to believe. 

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1