First Reaction

Guest sambx

Guest TooRisky

If I still had my .444 Marlin, I would attempt to end the mystery then and there. Yes, I know alot of folks will not like the idea; but it was asked what I would do. I do not want to turn this into a *Which gun is best for BF* thread or start a debate which will most likely lead into an arguement about Pro/Anti-kill philosophies. Just saying what my reaction would be.

Other that that I would get photographs if possible, scout for for hairs & other fibers related to/with the creature, and try to locate castable footprints.

Let me add...If you hit and killed this species... Your biggest concern would be surviving your exit out of the forest....

Edited by TooRisky

If I saw a Sasquatch I'd like to think I'd be able to keep my cool and observe as much as possible. I have a feeling though my courage would end up running down my leg.

upon a closeup encounter, all bodily fluids would exit me as fast as possible,

then I would pass out. A short time later I would wake up to the sound

of the sasquatch, slapping its knee, holding its nose and laughing his

head off........

then I would take a blurry picture. :blink:

dav

I would immediately try to find a whole chicken, one large potato and a cob of corn. I've considered this for some time, and I'm sure I'd want my last meal to be fried chicken, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. Either bigfoot or I would likely die that day.

I would crouch down and try to observe the animal, to determine what it was. If I was certain it was bigfoot, I would attempt to get it's attention. I would try to get it to turn and look at me. Then I would shoot it until it was dead. I would then cut pieces of it for analysis and take photographs if I remembered my camera. I would anonymously mail those pictures, samples and a short description of when/where they were collected to various people and wait to see if anything turned up in the news about it. I'd never mention it again and I'd never frequent a bigfoot internet forum again.

That would be undeniable evidence, sir. Blair Witch it up, but don't rob us of footage of the "witch" (BIGFOOT), make sure that right before he pops your head like a grape you get a great close up. ;)

Guest gershake

So, as sad as it would be that you wouldn't be posting here anymore, as soon as that'd happen we'd be safe in the comfort that proof was a few days ahead? :D

EDIT: Others beat me to it P:

Edited by gershake

SHOOT IT!!!

(If you don't believe me, check out what's over my shoulder in my Avatar photo, and I was just a kid then, things are even bigger now.)

I would then run like hell cause I'm such a lousy shot and it would be royally pissed off.

And then I'd come here (assuming it was a kind generous forgiving BF) and tell the story and get grilled like a porterhouse steak or whatever people BBQ until it's black.

why do some of you say you would run? as far as the reports of bf's go, they absolutly do no harm to humans. There is no rational reason to be afraid. It doesnt make sense.

You mean I wouldn't have to run after all?

I could just go up and shake its big furry hand and say, Sorry, Bud, didn't mean it, and all would be cool? :)

If bigfoot did harm to humans how many of those humans would be on the Interweb talking about it? If bigfoot did harm to humans it would be a missing person report, that's all that would be left after bigfoot got done with them. It makes no sense to think that a primate that eats meat would not eat human beings. Are primates inherently nice, or do primates kill things. Do they kill each other. In some cases do they eat each other (or other primates). What would make the largest primate currently living not kill a smaller primate as a food source? How many dead humans are going to report they were killed by an otherwise uncatalogued large North American primate? To think bigfoot would not kill humans "doesnt make sense" and "there is no rational reason to be unafraid." The first reaction when encountering a bigfoot should be to kill it and any other primates, or other animals, harvest some other natural resource if you can, collect a bigfoot sample and then run for your life so you're not killed and eaten by another animal in the woods.

the majority of reports seem to report an animal that is very afraid of humans and avoids them at all costs. I know it seems silly to say not be afraid of a huge primate, but maybe that is part of the reason we are not getting any good photographs or videos. If people are bolting at the site of a bf we are not going to get much evidence except out of breathe witness reports, and they have not done much good so far. Maybe getting the message out to not be afraid we would get some decent photos.

Edited by nycBig

I read Ace, and it's RUN LIKE HELL!!

I read nycBIG and it's hang around and get a good photo or two.

I think I'll take Ace's advice. Too many reports of missing hikers where I live.

But in all honesty, I'm not too worried about what I consider to be a hypothetical scenario. :)