2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

Guest Divergent1

The arrival of the Vikings in NA sparked a plague that killed off 96% of the native american population. Over a period of 100 years the plague moved west killing approximately 90% of the NA population. By the time pilgrims landed at Plymouth there weren't that many people left here. Who knows, maybe bigfoot succumbed to the plague also. 

<The arrival of the Vikings in NA sparked a plague that killed off 96% of the native american population. Over a period of 100 years the plague moved west killing approximately 90% of the NA population. By the time pilgrims landed at Plymouth there weren't that many people left here. Who knows, maybe bigfoot succumbed to the plague also.>

Umm, what?

Or are you referring to the Susan Harjo "plague"?

Edited by Rockape

BFF Patron

Good point SWWASP, I have been to many a mound, and some of which I am sure were never excavated. I guess that

is somewhat out of respect for the dead though. I know the settlers removed many or most of them in the 1800s,

and what remains is probably protected to some degree. Although they are not on reservation land, so no living

tribe seems to claim them as their people to my knowledge, which further illustrates your point, who were these

people that predated the tribes we know today? I know that the so called red haired giants predated the Native

Americans according to some, I will have to further examine those claims. I was a History major in college and

no discussion of these mound building cultures found its way into our text books, in fact they only mention the

NA tribes we know were present at the time this continent was discovered. It seems odd to me given the number of

mounds present at the time these lands were first explored, and the lack of association to any known people group, indeed it is very odd...

"Archeologists continue to be puzzled by the fact that there are no legends, records, nor mention of the once grand city in the lore of other local tribes, including the Osage, Omaha, Ponca and Quapaw. This strange silence has led some experts to theorize that something particularly dreadful happened at the site, for which the other tribes wished to forget." Wiki concerning Cohokia

The Solutrean Hypothesis suggests that the first NA settlers were Europeans that followed the ice age ice cap from Europe, 22,000 to 17,000 years ago, beating the Asian land bridge settlers from the West. Solutrean spear points only found in Europe have been found on the East Coast of NA. The sudden appearance of the Clovis culture and their similar spear points could be the result of those migrating in from the West meeting those from the East.

The bronze age paradox, that there is not enough copper in all of Europe to explain all of the bronze age artifacts known, could be explained by copper mines in Michigan that the Native Americans say were dug long before their memory. Minoan writings and artifacts have been found in the area in Michigan. The Minoan culture was seafaring and they ran from 2000 to 1500 BC. So the relatively late arrival across the Bearing Sea land bridge late in the last ice age could have been only one of the many migrations. Certainly Western European Solutrean settlers, the later Viking and Celtic influx could explain red haired tribes living in NA. We can say with much certainty that the text book history of NA is pretty much wrong. I just cannot understand why there is so much reluctance, other than dirty dealings by our government with NA peoples, to not correct the history.

• Upvote 1

The arrival of the Vikings in NA sparked a plague that killed off 96% of the native american population. Over a period of 100 years the plague moved west killing approximately 90% of the NA population. By the time pilgrims landed at Plymouth there weren't that many people left here. Who knows, maybe bigfoot succumbed to the plague also. 

Can you substantiate your above statement????   Where are you finding these statistics???

96% of the Native American population was killed off? What total horsecrap. I won't bother with the rest of it.

Guest Divergent1

<The arrival of the Vikings in NA sparked a plague that killed off 96% of the native american population. Over a period of 100 years the plague moved west killing approximately 90% of the NA population. By the time pilgrims landed at Plymouth there weren't that many people left here. Who knows, maybe bigfoot succumbed to the plague also.>

Umm, what?

Or are you referring to the Susan Harjo "plague"?

I have no idea what you're referring to but they settled in Greenland and made their way down the coast stealing wood and such. They never settled in Canada or the U.S. because the Indians ran them off. Unfortunately they contaminated the NA in the process.

Guest Divergent1

As for the stats, that was something I read long ago and was quoting from memory. I read your links, I see there are several other calculations. It looks like at worst 80%, best case scenario 40% depending on what population estimates you use.

First contact with the Vickings supposedly happened around 1000 AD, about 500 years prior to Columbus. The rampant spread of diseases for which the NA had no immunity killed enough to disrupt NA culture and society. When Columbus arrived all they found were pockets of NA here and there along the eastern coast. 

If this happened to them,it's possible it happened to bigfoot too. 

The late Dr. Cyclone Covey (Oklahoma State University & Wake Forest University) published a paper (~2006) wherein the origins of the Yuchi language (an isolate language) were primarily Mediterranean in location with Egyptian comprising ~63% of the language root base with Phoenician (ship builders and sailors for the Egyptians) and  Scythian as significant minorities as well.  Initial settlement allegedly occurred on the coast of Carolina as the Eastern Shawnee have a festival in their culture, celebrating an ocean voyage arrival.  The basic definition of Yuchi means, people from Over Yonder. 

It should be noted he was a proponent that other people (i.e. Roman Jews) also settled in North America, centuries before Columbus.  Quite naturally, this incurred the ire of establishment, hidebound historians and their apostles.

I have no idea what you're referring to but they settled in Greenland and made their way down the coast stealing wood and such. They never settled in Canada or the U.S. because the Indians ran them off. Unfortunately they contaminated the NA in the process.

I have no idea what you are referring to either but I know about the Viking settlements, thank you. Being of Native American decent, I have spent most of my life studying our history  and one thing I know for fact is, 96% of the population did not die before the pilgrims landed, nor afterwards. If that had happened, the NA race would have been functionally extinct. I as well as my family are living proof that didn't happen.

There were smaller tribes, such as the Mandan/Hidasta that were virtually wiped out by smallpox. I believe cases like that is where you got the 96%, but that applies only to specific tribes, not Native Americans as a whole.

• Upvote 1

Guest Divergent1

I didn't get your Susan Harjo comment in how it related to plagues that the Vikings might have brought to North America. Do you have a problem with Ms. Harjo? I think you've made some assumptions about me that you probably shouldn't have, you are speaking to me as if you assume I'm not NA, 

The only point I was trying to bring into the conversation was that what killed the NA people before Columbus got here could have very easily killed another hominid species if it existed.  I quoted what I thought I remembered from school. I believe I explained that in a prior post, You might know about the Vikings but there is a chance that not everyone does. 

Guest Divergent1

The late Dr. Cyclone Covey (Oklahoma State University & Wake Forest University) published a paper (~2006) wherein the origins of the Yuchi language (an isolate language) were primarily Mediterranean in location with Egyptian comprising ~63% of the language root base with Phoenician (ship builders and sailors for the Egyptians) and  Scythian as significant minorities as well.  Initial settlement allegedly occurred on the coast of Carolina as the Eastern Shawnee have a festival in their culture, celebrating an ocean voyage arrival.  The basic definition of Yuchi means, people from Over Yonder. 

It should be noted he was a proponent that other people (i.e. Roman Jews) also settled in North America, centuries before Columbus.  Quite naturally, this incurred the ire of establishment, hidebound historians and their apostles.

I'll see if I can find that paper. I'm of the same opinion that there were many other small groups that could have made it to North America well after we arrived. 

I didn't get your Susan Harjo comment in how it related to plagues that the Vikings might have brought to North America. Do you have a problem with Ms. Harjo? I think you've made some assumptions about me that you probably shouldn't have, you are speaking to me as if you assume I'm not NA, 

The only point I was trying to bring into the conversation was that what killed the NA people before Columbus got here could have very easily killed another hominid species if it existed.  I quoted what I thought I remembered from school. I believe I explained that in a prior post, You might know about the Vikings but there is a chance that not everyone does. 

Didn't "The arrival of the Vikings in NA sparked a plague that killed off 96% of the native american population. Over a period of 100 years the plague moved west killing approximately 90% of the NA population. By the time pilgrims landed at Plymouth there weren't that many people left here" seem wrong when you typed it?

If not, I can't help you.

And yes, I have a problem with Susan Harjo. I don't like racist of any kind, even my own.

Guest Divergent1

I was wrong but how did Susan Harjo get involved in a bigfoot thread? I'm glad to hear that you think you aren't racist since you certainly made some assumptions about me that weren't warranted. 

Edited by Divergent1