2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

SWWSP,

I totally agree. It sounds like you have noticed that they are gradually locking or ditching us out of huge areas of forest land, be it national or private (large timber companies). When I can get out for a few days I like to set up a base camp and work in a radius around camp. The only problem is if you can't get close to an area without a long hike in, you can forget about carrying a lot of gear with you. Your time is consumed with just getting there, then when you do, it's time to turn around and leave again. Plus leaving your vehicle in an easily accessible area nowadays is just asking for trouble.

Having just arrived back in my home state of Illinois I once again have to ask the question of how the heck the creature could

exist here, and even visit my backyard marsh, it seems almost impossible. It is funny how doubt creeps back in on me in this 

matter. I guess I will have to prove to myself once and for all that they do inhabit this region. For that I will need prints or a 

sighting, and that will have to wait unless fortune just happens to smile upon me. I am starting my golf season as a golf pro at a 

semi-local private club, being salaried I expect to be there a whole lot, the only chance I will really get to ponder these issues

will be driving to and from some 90 miles round trip. Putting the subject on hold for 7 months is almost impossible, but it might

be the better choice. This is the problem of this field, so many researchers have to report to the reality of life, work, family, and

other interests. It is no surprise only a few can do anything substantial and the rest of us must hope that their efforts will prevail.

I look forward to hearing the happenings of the Falcon Project ground team, the Sykes book, Les Stroud doing anything on the 

subject. Time will tell, but 2015 still holds some promise for me.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

LCB,

I hear sasquatch like to hang out close to golf courses. Unless, it's right in the middle of the city, of course. Do a perimeter check occasionally.

BFF Patron

Lake county, I wish my mother was still alive. She grew up in Southern Illinois in a rural area. I wonder if she might have experienced something but never mentioned it. I know there are a lot of sighting reports on that area. I also think it is no coincidence, that the area is associated with the mound culture. And that culture has a history of buried giants. I would like to explore that area just because of all of that.

Well my course is smack dab in the middle of the burbs, so not much chance of anything wild finding this course, but I drive along the Des Plaines river and many forest preserves along it, this is where the cougar made his way down to North Chicago, another Suburb of Chicago, and was shot by law enforcement. Subsequent testing showed it was a wild cougar. It shows how something very elusive can make it's way right to our doorstep!

The best part of Illinois for Sasquatch is certainly extreme Southern Illinois, much hillier and forested than the rest of the state. Add to that the confluence of several large rivers and you have all the right elements in place. I think that is why Illinois ranks among the Nations highest at least for BFRO sightings, that being the abundance of rivers and streams that provide greenways for travel. That is the best predictor for sightings across the state, nearness to such a river or stream that has ample cover.

BFF Patron

As I recall my Mom grew up in Pinkneyville or someplace called Grand Prairie. I took her there once when I lived in Arkansas.

Well my course is smack dab in the middle of the burbs, so not much chance of anything wild finding this course, but I drive along the Des Plaines river and many forest preserves along it, this is where the cougar made his way down to North Chicago, another Suburb of Chicago, and was shot by law enforcement. Subsequent testing showed it was a wild cougar. It shows how something very elusive can make it's way right to our doorstep!The best part of Illinois for Sasquatch is certainly extreme Southern Illinois, much hillier and forested than the rest of the state. Add to that the confluence of several large rivers and you have all the right elements in place. I think that is why Illinois ranks among the Nations highest at least for BFRO sightings, that being the abundance of rivers and streams that provide greenways for travel. That is the best predictor for sightings across the state, nearness to such a river or stream that has ample cover.

Well the golf course doesn't sound too likely a spot. But with that drive through some likely areas you may have just as much chance of a sighting as not. Most sightings are just chance encounters anyway. Besides, if you are traveling through those same areas at first light or just before dark your chances might be better. Every once and a while, you could also stop and check near the road in those same likely areas if you had the time. They would have to cross over or under the road in some places. Just an idea.

I have long traveled the road less traveled to give me such an opportunity, so far it has been a bust, except for plenty of other wildlife.

I am always wearing my head on a swivel and hoping, but that is about all I can do much of the time. My time off in the winter months

is not ideal for researching in my area. So I am relegated to recording later in the summer months and hoping to find some prints near

my home. This is what I have to be content with. In 4-5 years I plan to move to Florida near my in laws outside of Tampa, and that is 

when I attempt to relocate to a very squatchy property, preferably one that is along a creek near a large nature preserve, that should 

do the trick, but I will make sure the area has at least a history of sightings nearby.

LCB,

I wish you the best in your future endeavors. I hope you do find that squatchie piece of property!

Given my current property has some activity, and that was a fluke, just chose it based on the desire to have

natural surroundings, I think I stand a chance of locating one with that in mind. Late January I was in Orlando

and I was really impressed how the suburbia butts up to very wild areas, I mean it is a zero transition, suburbia

and complete wilderness, which is also true of much of the way newer parts of Florida are being developed. John Green

lamented this development in his feature book, commenting on Brooksville just outside of Tampa. I am certain

that besides the PNW, northern and central Florida, and adjacent parts of neighboring states possess the habitat needed

to sustain larger numbers of these creatures. It seems that their might be all 4 types in this area, if you buy the

whole type thing.

SWWASP, Grand Prairie is somewhat near Edwardsville, and that area is indeed pretty active, the topography in the area sort of is a transition to the hillier south with forested ridges mixed with pretty flat farmed areas. My guess is that you could probably locate them near water sources in that area fairly easily. When Finding Bigfoot visited Alton area they concentrated around the Mississippi, but I like the smaller rivers and streams that have cover surrounded by the farm areas in the summer months, these areas concentrate deer like you would not believe.

BFF Patron

Thanks Lake. I may have to go back there to look around sometime. I am as interested in the Mound Culture stuff as I am BF. I think it nearly criminal that an advanced North American civilization has been ignored by science like it has. People will travel half way around the planet to do archeology in Eygpt, but ignore pyramids, astromonical observatories, giant serpents only visible from the air, and metal artifacts all found in the Midwest. Who knows what is in some of those pyramids here?

Good point SWWASP, I have been to many a mound, and some of which I am sure were never excavated. I guess that

is somewhat out of respect for the dead though. I know the settlers removed many or most of them in the 1800s,

and what remains is probably protected to some degree. Although they are not on reservation land, so no living

tribe seems to claim them as their people to my knowledge, which further illustrates your point, who were these

people that predated the tribes we know today? I know that the so called red haired giants predated the Native

Americans according to some, I will have to further examine those claims. I was a History major in college and

no discussion of these mound building cultures found its way into our text books, in fact they only mention the

NA tribes we know were present at the time this continent was discovered. It seems odd to me given the number of

mounds present at the time these lands were first explored, and the lack of association to any known people group, indeed it is very odd...

"Archeologists continue to be puzzled by the fact that there are no legends, records, nor mention of the once grand city in the lore of other local tribes, including the Osage, Omaha, Ponca and Quapaw. This strange silence has led some experts to theorize that something particularly dreadful happened at the site, for which the other tribes wished to forget." Wiki concerning Cohokia

Guest Divergent1

I saw a show that suggested that when the Mayans walked away from their cities in South America, that they came to the southeastern part of the U.S. which might explain some of the mounds. 

OK, quote of the day:  ""I can imagine that surfing on Mars would be quite photogenic, but probably quite a bit easier," Banfield said. "The waves would be bigger for a given wind speed, and they'd move slower, so a surfer would look more heroic and the photographer would have more time to line the shot up well."

http://www.livescience.com/50332-ancient-mars-oceans-big-waves.html?cmpid=514627_20150402_43092936&adbid=10152658138621761&adbpl=fb&adbpr=30478646760

And there's an ape, running on two feet all over North America, twice as big as a gorilla...and these clowns can't find him.   :tease:  :tease:

There's The State of Sasquatch Science, 2015.  In other words:  when will it *start*?

Let me offer this scenario:

Let's concede the NA legend/lore is basically accurate and the big guys were here and living in the ecosystem, with them.

Then, comes the arrival of the white Europeans.

The big guys observe how the NA's are subsequently treated by the new invaders, systematic genocide, destruction and suppression of the NA culture via forced assimilation and once the land had been sufficiently stolen, they were finally "given" US citizenship in 1924.  Remember, that when Rome invaded and conquered a new land, they often extended citizenship to the conquered people. However, had that been done (US) in ~1776, the subsequent land confiscations might have presented more of a legal sticky wicket.

Meanwhile, the big guys are paying keen attention to all these events and decided amongst themselves, that remaining an enigmatic myth is the best course of action. Their adept use of infrasound makes the occasional encounter with a white dude less problematic as they either have no complete recollection of the event or go bonkers and establish websites, arrange expeditions, killing organizations and all other sorts of intellectual mayhem.