Campsite Destroyed

Does anybody else find it the least bit strange (and perhaps it has been explained somewhere that I missed) that over two years after this account first surfaced, and during which time it has assumed a seemingly ever increasing profile, suddenly this bombshell is dropped during the week that Wes is in Texas visiting with Bob Garrett and his team? The first mention in this thread is clubbedfoot's post on 3/18. With the emails available and the moon phase information to hand, why hold off so long on a matter that is of such obvious importance to the person or persons concerned?

WRT Will's sudden departure at the same time, is it possible there was another factor involved? He spent, if memory serves, 8 or 10 years in the Army and earned at least a mid-grade NCO rank. He mentioned in one episode that he was an NCO with a detachment from Ft. Lewis dispatched to assist following the 1980 Mt. St. Helens eruption. As those of us who served understand, if Uncle Sam has a compelling need for your particular talents you may find yourself back in uniform. Will is in his early fifties, is it possible that someone "suggested" he step back if he wanted to remain a civilian? It wouldn't be the first time that tactic has been utilized to muzzle someone.

I don't have any answers; it just raises my antenna a bit when so much excrement splatters on the rotating blades out of the blue, absent the application of large quantities of Composition 4 or something similar.  

• Upvote 2

Anytime there is big open DRAMA, a red-flag should go up, IMO. Too much drama, too much lookey-loo. That doesn't mean there isn't anything there, but 90% of it could be BS, and 10% true.

BF don't want attention, and don't do drama for the public to notice. Even the Texas episode should be in question. Too much drama. Sounds like Garrett has a petting zoo. A BF Petting Zoo. So they stay in the exact same place for years and years? And don't get used to the humans? Or? 

And there in lies the problem, how many high-drama stories are out there, that they can glean over? And how many of them are made up? The stories are good though, so I don't mind if the stories are good, but it doesn't help if your in the field, to have false-stories. 

Does anybody else find it the least bit strange (and perhaps it has been explained somewhere that I missed) that over two years after this account first surfaced, and during which time it has assumed a seemingly ever increasing profile, suddenly this bombshell is dropped during the week that Wes is in Texas visiting with Bob Garrett and his team? The first mention in this thread is clubbedfoot's post on 3/18. With the emails available and the moon phase information to hand, why hold off so long on a matter that is of such obvious importance to the person or persons concerned?

WRT Will's sudden departure at the same time, is it possible there was another factor involved? He spent, if memory serves, 8 or 10 years in the Army and earned at least a mid-grade NCO rank. He mentioned in one episode that he was an NCO with a detachment from Ft. Lewis dispatched to assist following the 1980 Mt. St. Helens eruption. As those of us who served understand, if Uncle Sam has a compelling need for your particular talents you may find yourself back in uniform. Will is in his early fifties, is it possible that someone "suggested" he step back if he wanted to remain a civilian? It wouldn't be the first time that tactic has been utilized to muzzle someone.

I don't have any answers; it just raises my antenna a bit when so much excrement splatters on the rotating blades out of the blue, absent the application of large quantities of Composition 4 or something similar.  

Airedale, you touched on something quite intriguing and wonder if you care to elaborate a little, you know pull some yarn out and run with it. I am curious and want to know.  

I also spent some time in Ft. Lewis, Washington and was a midlevel NCO, and had an apartment in the Spanaway area while stationed there.  I drove up to Mt. Rainer on a warm sunny day and continued until it was too snowy and hazardous to go any further and snapped some photos … It was very dense there and lots of Native American history to be learned.  So, naturally when you mentioned Ft. Lewis, NCO, and so forth it also tweaked my interest.  

Now to your post, Yes I watched and listened and my antenna was up as you say. Something did seem peculiar from vantage point during startup to the SC Hoedown and always thought something was not figuring, but I do not believe it is for the reason you’re thinking and I’m hoping you will explain a bit a more.

Edited by Gumshoeye

I don't have anything specific, Gum, just not a big believer in coincidence. Maybe it's the old "When the cats away, the mice will play" adage. In my experience there's usually a certain progression of events over a varying period of time surrounding the release of big accusations/exposures. Einstein said "The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." It kind of seems in this case that everything happened at once.

^^^

I’m with you on that Airdale, and as you know I’ve said as much all along. I do not know exactly what it is but yes it sounds like uh oh to me too.

I'm always very suspicious of folks who claim to have multiple encounters. Bob G seemed to have a decent rep historically but it looks like when you line up his various claims he seems to be the most incredibly fortunate guy in the field ever.

It seems that in the world of BF so many 'researchers' lose their way when a little attention is bestowed upon them.

I don't think there's any conspiracy theory re the holes in Wes and Woody's encounter story.....

They initially  told their story of their own free "will" (pun intended)..... the problem is that their initial story doesn't really  match up with the weather reports (on or about

11/16/2012) nor their subsequent retellings of their encounter....(these inconsistencies ---have been laid out quite eloquently by others in this thread)  I gave them them benefit

of the doubt.....but I changed my mind after the incongruities became apparent....

Edited by clubbedfoot

Nothing is what it seems Clubbedfoot, I guess we’re all (OUITS) operating under the influence tree stumps …. LOL  On a more serious note though, there are lots unanswered questions that get more interesting as the days wear on. For one how does this Waite follow post something like he did, almost in the same fashion as this victim in the SC podcast show and not encounter the same reaction?

Speaking of campgrounds destroyed, anyone know anything about Mitchell Waite? This researcher finds a sleeping bag. Cannot tell you anything more about than you will see on short video but its interesting.  

You might want to visit his website if you haven't already: www.mogollonmonster.com

...there are lots unanswered questions that get more interesting as the days wear on. For one how does this Waite follow post something like he did, almost in the same fashion as this victim in the SC podcast show and not encounter the same reaction?

Probably because he (Mr. Waite) hasn't made claims of government oppression and conspiracy (with the associated melodrama), and then dropped off the map so that no questions about the situation can be answered.

I don’t know if this has any impact on the debate about Wes and Woody’s encounter, but I have a few details Wes gave on episode 31.  The date loaded (Podcast load date or air date I can’t say) was May 18, 2014.  I believe he provided the information around 20 minutes before the end of the episode.

During the episode, Wes states this information about his encounter:

-It took place on top of Yacolt Mountain.

-It was next to the Lewis River.

-It was next to, also uses “nearâ€, a campground.

-As of the episode date, the area was set to be clear cut, with trees already marked for removal.  I believe this happened after the encounter as it is           insinuated the clear cutting is suspicious and possibly tied to his report.

It’s just another piece of the puzzle.  Maybe this means something to those familiar with the area.  Take care.

I've been doing some research on any criminal reports, as well as any press, regarding camp sight crimes close to Conroe, TX, the Lone Star Trail, as well as Texas camp sights in general, throughout the state.

There is nothing I've found, related to Bob Garrets report. In fact, the only thing I've found is from Bob Garret himself... which is very plentiful, to say the least.

If the "government" wanted to cover up Bob Garret's evidence of a marauding Bigfoot, they've done a shoddy job as there's a lot of info on the web about his story. In fact, I don't know why they would have bothered to shut down his Youtube channel or anything else because every other BF site, blog and show has the info spread all over the net.

@ Cisco and Johnny G, Thanks guys, sounds like you been looking and listening. Conroe, Texas … hmmmm. Just curious Cisco, what search terms did you use if you me asking?  Do you think  you would necessarily find anything under destroyed campsites?

I’ve seen some reports area but I’ve read many and they all seem blend together after a while. Conroe, Texas near the massive Sam Houston Forest, I know read something probably not involving the SC casts but Bigfoot reports nonetheless.   

There was a report that I looking for a long time but haven’t had much luck thus far. I don’t even recall if Conroe, Texas or some other city was but the essence of report is this:  circa 1965, a Bigfoot type creature destroyed a few people, the sheriff called in assistance and they placed a tight embargo on the news. Now this was mentioned and printed in a book and I know the author, he called me and I’ve called him a few times. He had my old email address. I not certain if it was one of his books where I read that or not and the last I spoke with him in September or October he was recovering in the hospital.   

Anyways it was mentioned in either an old BFRO report or GCBRO report. I am thinking it was recounted in BFRO because they pull reports for reasons they don’t explain or if they appear too controversial in my opinion. In that report a soldier in Ft. Ord, California who hailed from Texas told the story and I then I sort read a little more about it from a book where it was also referenced.

As I stated, I am not certain we’re speaking of the same town but for reason Conroe stands out. Anyone able to lend anymore to the 1965 Texas incident? Was that in Conroe, Texas?  

@Gumshoe and Cisco, Conroe would be the largest city in the area.  Huntsville lies to the North and is fairly large.  Other towns such as New Waverly and Cleveland are much smaller.  It's not far from Houston, to the South.  The Sam Houston National Forest covers a large area and is (very) squatchy.  I, too, did some basic open source searching, additionally looking for missing persons and unclaimed remains, and really didn't find anything suspicious.

I personally enjoy listening to SC.  I haven’t been a longtime listener, but have been listening to the podcasts starting with episode one.  I consider it entertainment with a fair bit of education thrown it, at times.

I was also suspicious of many of the reports on the show.  I’m not one to question what someone says because it’s too “far outâ€.  Usually, what troubles me are two things: facts which don’t seem to match what it known or understood, and when the witness offers an account contradictory to what I know about human nature.  I’m no expert, so I can’t rule anything out solely because it doesn’t fit my understanding of things.  As well, some folks don’t act or react like they “shouldâ€. 

An example of the first is this question about location and moon phases in the initial account.  An example of the later is the Siege at Honobia (?).  It was a great yarn, but everything about it raised red flags, giant red flags.  It would require another thread for me to hit everything wrong with that story.  And it’s a prime example of what SC was known for, sensationalism.  But, that’s what sells.

I was also put off by the fact they were so judgmental about other BF organizations. They often and repeatedly questioned the knowledge and experience of just about everyone else researching the Big Guy, especially the BFRO.  I thought this bashing was in poor taste and didn’t fit with their open discussion theme they claimed so often.

Ultimately, I'm still working my way through the podcasts and wish this issue hadn’t reared its ugly head.  I enjoyed it and felt I was learning from the shared experiences and from Will.  But, if there is dishonesty, it should be rooted out.  Take care.

Was just listening to another blog-talk, this group of BF hunters ''turned and saw this female BF sitting in a pond'' or some such nonsense. I mean, I think the cat is so out of the bag, nothing can really be trusted at this point.

^^^

@ Johnny G, There were and is always something to be learned in any of their podcast streams. I enjoyed listening to Will myself, I heard him a few interviews before joining the show and thought (still do) he was a real stand guy.