Campsite Destroyed

For all we know, Wes and his bro could have had a minimal sighting, (as it is a know BF area..) and added-on, I think that happens, like ''fish stories''. But still, no one has investigated their past BF shows. They had another show 4-5 years ago. What was going on with them back then? C'mon, where are all the detectives?

I have never heard they had another bigfoot show. What was it called?

I just remember 2 bald guys in sunglasses, just assuming it must be them. It was them, just can't find the earlier blogtalk show. Maybe Monster-something? Maybe they took them down. It was an ok show for what is out there.

Edited by Wag

Guest ChasingRabbits

but knowing the Feds are in there in the first place tells me all I care to know about it, and I'll vacate the area post haste!

I have related before watching a military helicopter shuttling in and out of an area from a ridge several miles away.. I was up there that day just watching nearby ridge lines through a powerful spotting scope looking for BF activity. The exact location as the stuffed animal picture I just posted. Strangely enough the location the helicopter was flying in and out of turned out to be what I have just found out to be the location of Wes and Woodies encounter. The only place to land there would have to be a rock quarry below the sighting location on FR42. That is the only place there wide enough for a large helicopter to land. How about that for coincidence? I watched for a while as the helicopter would land, be out of sight a few minutes, then fly off to the SE someplace, be gone for 20 minutes then return. I watched at this point more curious about that operation than watching ridges for BF. Then the helicopter lifted off and started its turn towards the SE but stopped the turn and turned towards me and began flying directly towards my location instead of heading off to the SE like it had done for as long as I had been watching. I had the funny feeling I was watching something they did not want me to see, so I put my scope in my truck and drove off. As I left in my truck, the helicopter turned and started heading SE again. I left the area with the strange feeling I had been caught with my hand in a government cookie jar. Coincidence? Probably. But you have to admit it is strange that all these things seem to be tied together with a common location. I would imagine that what I have just related would be very interesting to them.

I was looking for the site of an abandoned plantation on state park land. According to the road maps it was in the vicinity of a small military installation but the road to the site didn't go near that place. No problem.  I'm driving down this 2 lane country road, following the maps. It turns into a single lane gravel road, which the maps indicated it would. Still driving and I figure I'm about a mile away from the site, then I come around a bend. About 300 feet away, there's a tall gated link fence with barbed wire strung and curled along the top and four soldiers standing near the gate. I saw them turn and face my direction. I slammed on my breaks, then did a U-turn, drove back to behind the bend I'd just come around, paused long enough to recheck the road maps I had. I was on the correct road: that gated fence wasn't. And I drove out of there as quickly as I could because I didn't want to spend the next four or five hours explaining that I'm a local history buff and I was looking for a plantation that I read about in several obscure books.

It might just be this region, but in my experience, stumbling across the Feds or the State in a park or other public lands is completely expected.

BFF Patron

How do you figure they spotted you SW, (assuming their flying in your direction wasn't a coincidence) reflection from your scope objective lens?

Where I was a logging road runs right along a ridge line. I was parked prominently right on the ridge line where no one normally parks sitting in a lawn chair and looking through the telescope. The helicopter started its left turn towards the SW, but then stopped the turn and turned to the right about 30 degrees right towards me. If it was not me, they altered direction for some other reason. The fact that they again turned left and went off to the SW after I drove away, makes me think it was seeing me or my truck parked there. The landing location not only was near Wes and Woodies sighting location (just below it) but it was also near a location where I had something end up recorded on a voice recorder that I did not hear with my ears. One of my theories on the recording was that I was near some sort of high powered radio transmitter that my recorder electronics picked up but I did not hear with my ears. The strange thing is I really have not spent much time at all in this area. Been there only a few times because I have as yet found any BF sign along there. But all of this stuff has happened when I have been there in those few times. The recorder thing really spooked me.

Guest ChasingRabbits

Where I was a logging road runs right along a ridge line. I was parked prominently right on the ridge line where no one normally parks sitting in a lawn chair and looking through the telescope. The helicopter started its left turn towards the SW, but then stopped the turn and turned to the right about 30 degrees right towards me. If it was not me, they altered direction for some other reason. The fact that they again turned left and went off to the SW after I drove away, makes me think it was seeing me or my truck parked there. The landing location not only was near Wes and Woodies sighting location (just below it) but it was also near a location where I had something end up recorded on a voice recorder that I did not hear with my ears. One of my theories on the recording was that I was near some sort of high powered radio transmitter that my recorder electronics picked up but I did not hear with my ears. The strange thing is I really have not spent much time at all in this area. Been there only a few times because I have as yet found any BF sign along there. But all of this stuff has happened when I have been there in those few times. The recorder thing really spooked me.

They saw you. Otherwise, they would not have turned to check out who was sitting in a lawn chair in an unexpected place. If you were in a marked picnic area, I doubt they would have bothered. In the historic fort park I wrote about, it is a popular walking/jogging area for the locals. I used to walk there frequently. Eventually, I used to wave at the soldiers driving through the park. They never waved back, but looked annoyed.

I recall reading in another thread that you picked up a sort of EVP-like thing.

Edited by ChasingRabbits

For all we know, Wes and his bro could have had a minimal sighting, (as it is a know BF area..) and added-on, I think that happens, like ''fish stories''.  But still, no one has investigated their past BF shows. They had another show 4-5 years ago. What was going on with them back then? C'mon, where are all the detectives?  That is not detective work, that’s troll work. This is just another unfounded fear, not a reasonable and well-grounded concern.

That was an excellent point. I have an observation: why is it that skeptics seem to have a propensity for knowing all there is to know about Bigfoots and their supposed habitat, hoaxing and investigation?  This is a forum at a Bigfoot website, so anyone posting here should have a reasonable expectation that the basis for conversation would be in Bigfoot and Sasquatch.  Who said anyone had to get unanimous permission in advance to post their photos or make a claim? As I've opined before, the earliest incident Bigfoot in 1965 that I referred to earlier, where people were made to be an example and beaten to into submission it was that same by the same methods we see here even today. I say if you want to be a detective go to school put your years in and learn a skill set and do it.  Where have come and what does that say about us as people that our thoughts, ideas and reasons are policed by a tribunal collective? That is not detective work.  

Is Wes & Woody's encounter considered a much softer target?

Sure would be a lot more interesting to see the 3 original (unedited) videos that Bob Garrett posted from last summer of the 'Torn Up Camp' for the folks who missed it.

I believe there was something there … It’s the kind of suspicion that is hard to prove, but is nonetheless palpable every time the subject is brought up, it’s painfully obvious they (Wes & Woody) became unintended soft target as you say.  

I have related before watching a military helicopter shuttling in and out of an area from a ridge several miles away.. I was up there that day just watching nearby ridge lines through a powerful spotting scope looking for BF activity. The exact location as the stuffed animal picture I just posted. Strangely enough the location the helicopter was flying in and out of turned out to be what I have just found out to be the location of Wes and Woodies encounter. The only place to land there would have to be a rock quarry below the sighting location on FR42. That is the only place there wide enough for a large helicopter to land. How about that for coincidence? I watched for a while as the helicopter would land, be out of sight a few minutes, then fly off to the SE someplace, be gone for 20 minutes then return. I watched at this point more curious about that operation than watching ridges for BF. Then the helicopter lifted off and started its turn towards the SE but stopped the turn and turned towards me and began flying directly towards my location instead of heading off to the SE like it had done for as long as I had been watching. I had the funny feeling I was watching something they did not want me to see, so I put my scope in my truck and drove off. As I left in my truck, the helicopter turned and started heading SE again. I left the area with the strange feeling I had been caught with my hand in a government cookie jar. Coincidence? Probably. But you have to admit it is strange that all these things seem to be tied together with a common location. I would imagine that what I have just related would be very interesting to them.

Paraphrased:

I have a single Michigan incident whereby the reporting person in company of at least two others reported they live were enjoying summer sitting at their backyard picnic table chatting when a very large thing in the 9 foot range came strolling across their lot from one wooded edge to the next tree line. It appeared as though it was being pursued. Shortly thereafter a low flying and unmarked olive drab (O.D. Green) helicopter appeared overhead.  The reporting person (s) were under the impression they (it) the personnel were indeed following or monitoring the  thing because it appeared moments after they sighted the thing and the chopper was following the direct path across their lot the thing travelled.

I just remember 2 bald guys in sunglasses, just assuming it must be them. It was them, just can't find the earlier blogtalk show. Maybe Monster-something? Maybe they took them down. It was an ok show for what is out there.

Hey lots of people have bald guys wear sunglasses Wag … LOL let’s not sterotype just saying!

Here is the link to the YouTube page with the Video Wes made in February of this year of the location of his sighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNiAkxEhv6c#t=42

Below are two snips I captured from the video showing the road in both directions. They appear to match SW's photos from the site, though apparently from a different point on the road. The mountains in the background appear to match, taking into account the obvious difference in focal length of the lenses. It is also obviously not on Yacolt Mountain as can be seen on Google Earth, as Yacolt Mountain stands by itself, with Bell Mountain to the SE being the closest neighbor.

attachicon.gifWes Video 1.JPG

attachicon.gifWes Video 2.JPG

One of the episodes, I'm still trying to find it, mentions an encounter by a man on Yacolt / Muppet Mountain. Here is a link to a "Bigfoot Hotspot Radio" (the original title of Sasquatch Chronicles) Facebook page with photos from Muppet Mountain.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.330608763708405.1073741829.326109887491626&type=3

The one below looks more like the area in the video and SW's photos. 

attachicon.gifMuppet Mountain.JPG

This brings me back to the possibility of a confusion in place names. Possibly SW could shed some light on "Muppet Mountain"?

Good photo Airdale,  now picture that site during dusk, or pre-dusk, and I can understand some fingernail biting moments when you encounter a thing or two there. It would be a trap. You can't turn around it's like a death tunnel with any sort of motion on that road would trigger an aggressive response by a predator skilled in hunting prey don't you think?  

Edited by Gumshoeye

Im just saying Wes had another show a few years back. It was a decent BF show. There are quite a few older BF shows on Blogtalk for those who don't know, Ohio BF hunters was good, before it became ''BF tonight", which was one of my favorites, before one of the shows hosts got really ill and not even sure what has happened to him. Even heard the Dogman Vince on another show, just one, before he started his Dogman show. Problem with the shows is that the same guests go on the next week, sometimes, mainly when they are promoting a book or something.

I only caught the "Bigfoot Hotspot Radio" before it became the SC and thought it was pretty good, and I still find myself tuning in to SC and listening even now.

No, 2 bald guys with sunglasses, it was pretty popular, you would have to search on blogtalk radio: Squatch, sasquatch, bigfoot, paranormal, monster.

Uhm, well if true, if its them, then it makes this worse. They may have deleted all of them:

Here is another squatchers perspective:

http://www.reddit.com/r/bigfoot/comments/2zhm5p/ive_questioned_wes_and_woodys_account_from_day_1/

Edited by Wag

No, 2 bald guys with sunglasses, it was pretty popular, you would have to search on blogtalk radio: Squatch, sasquatch, bigfoot, paranormal, monster.

Uhm, well if true, if its them, then it makes this worse. They may have deleted all of them:

Here is another squatchers perspective:

http://www.reddit.com/r/bigfoot/comments/2zhm5p/ive_questioned_wes_and_woodys_account_from_day_1/

(Gasp!)  What was the name of the show you are referring to featuring two bald head guys with sunglasses? And what does that have to do with price of rice in China? I mean come on Wag, I am not making the connection either... 

Wes is a bald guy who constantly wears sunglasses. Probably his brother also. So there are 2 sets of twinns in the BF world who are bald (shaved heads) and wear sunglasses who do BF podcasts, one show stops about where the other begins?

Doinggggggg....

Supposedly, ''Wes'' has said, that he didn't believe in BF until a couple years ago? That is from that blogger, so heresay until investigated.

But whatever, its looking like Wes scammed on his sighting. They set it up pretty good, but forgot about the moon.  I'm just adding more interesting stuff into the equation, but its not getting traction. I can't find that old podcast, looking at my old links...

Edited by Wag

BFF Patron

Well I went to Yacolt mountain, opps, no I didn't, that is 11 miles away from where I went today.    Was interested in what was on the back side so I drove way up past the Wes and Woody sighting location on FR 4205.  .    One hell of a climb but my truck did all the work.   I was particularly interested in finding active game trails and seeing how much running water was up there.     Found a few faint game trails, scared up a couple of deer, and did note this time of year there is plenty of running water in small creeks.   But I suspect by mid summer all the small creeks will be dried up this year.    If BF is up there, it will force them down to the Lewis River below for water.    The terrain is very steep,  heavily covered with timber and smaller vegetation covering between trees.     It would take anyone hours to go a mile as there are no real trails.   I followed what looked like an old jeep road that was above the reported sighting location that was overgrown,  got excited when I started seeing a bunch of snap offs, but then started seeing small saplings had been bent over in both directions along the old track.   Examination of the bent over small saplings revealed something mechanical had done it scraping bark off the saplings.     Either a jeep or an ATV most likely.         The most active and busy game trails are right in a 500 yard section of road at the reported sighting location.      Since that mountain is not named,  perhaps to avoid confusion with Yacolt Mountain,  which is 11 miles away,  maybe we should name it Weswood Mountain? 

Finally one of their narrations of the event indicated a lot of recent clear cutting in the area.   Not true.     I had to go for miles before I found anything that had been logged in a very long time.    And in that area the trees were 15 to 20 feet high.    Now I really have no idea what they are talking about since there is no sign of recent clear cutting anywhere near the GPS coordinates.     I have to say now that if someone wants a story that holds up to examination,  visit the location, know the geography,  pay attention to moon phases and positions,   write it down, and refer to your script when telling the story.           

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1