Campsite Destroyed

Very well described!

Events like that are not cold and planned for like your taking a test you studied a lot for.  This may be the last acts you perform - GO!

Have a good holiday Gum

@ It's A Squatch, Never a problem my friend …

Very well described!

Events like that are not cold and planned for like your taking a test you studied a lot for.  This may be the last acts you perform - GO!

Have a good holiday Gum

Thanks Frap, sounds like my requiem … I hope I’m around a little while longer.  LOL!  If not, send lots of flowers and donations are always accepted. Said in humor of course! â€¦ I hear you my friend, you have a good holiday as well. LOL :-)

Edited by Gumshoeye

..."if you’ve ever stared down the business end of a gun, as I have, I can only describe the barrel as being black and bigger than the man’s eyeballs. Did I take time to take notice of the model and other features such as color and type of handgrips well actually no; I was too mesmerized with his finger trigger and watching his eyes to offer any more details.  I know we were close enough that I could I smell his breath. I know we had a brief conversation but I couldn’t tell you word for word exactly what was said, I can only paraphrase in my own words.  Everything is blocked out! I didn’t say you blacked out ...  you are intensely focused on eliminating the threat or separating yourself from it by creating time and distance. You envision yourself in split second increments how things are going to play out because your personal survival comes above all else."   

But...did your incident take place in an urban environment with ambient street lights, lit windows, headlights, etc., or did it take place on a road out in the middle of nowhere with extensive tree growth all around with no moon, only starlight, and precious little of that to illuminate the area? I'll bet you know. Therein lies the problem. It is essentially a difference between did something happen in a room with all the lights on, no lights on, or a small bulb over in the corner for light. I'm sorry, but I don't think that is a detail that would go unnoticed at even a subconscious level no matter how traumatic the incident was. It was repeatedly claimed that the encounter happened by the light of a full moon on a tree shrouded road in the middle of nowhere. For arguments sake, I'll even allow it was a half moon. That is a far different lighting environment than having the same location, only with no moon and where the moon had already set hours earlier.

At no point was the statement made that they couldn't remember or were so traumatized by the incident that details were possibly left out. In fact, quite the opposite was the case. Only after the wheels started coming off the wagon did all of the excuse making crank up. Any reasonable person(s) would, and have, recognized this tale for what it is.

Edited by Ike
  • Upvote 2

BFF Patron

Very well described!

Well yes and no. As a LEO, Gum trained, had firearms trainging, had classes, thought a lot, had practical experience, all of that helped him every time things got scary in the field. We are talking about BF encounters here. As he did, anyone into BF research should think out their actions when they have their big encounter. I am sure Gum thought out that looking down the gun barrel scenario many times before it happened. In flying we used to call it hangar flying. Before check rides, you sit down and visualize every step of some emergency procedure. Do it over and over. Then when it happens in the simulator or for real in the air, you know how it goes. While that will not help a casual encounter situation, someone looking for BF should mentally rehearse what they will do when they have their one in a million chance encounter.

Now that I said that, I will say I was not ready. I messed up. I had not done what I just said we should do. My biggest encounter to date was way early in my research history. I was carrying a digital recorder that I had turned on only but a couple of times at home and never in bright sunlight. It was in a case buried in my pack. The encounter started with back and forth vocalizations that continued for several minutes. I dug the recorder out, managed with some fumbling to get it on, but fumbled my attempt to get it in record. I was not sure where to look in the bright sunlight to see if it was in recording mode. I hit the record button, thought I had not pressed it long or hard enough and hit it again, probably turning off the record mode. Then I stood and heard all of this stuff playing out that should have been recorded but missed it all. If I had recorded all that had happened that day, skeptics would be on my case like they are the P/G film. It was that good.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

But...did your incident take place in an urban environment with ambient street lights, lit windows, headlights, etc., or did it take place on a road out in the middle of nowhere with extensive tree growth all around with no moon, only starlight, and precious little of that to illuminate the area? I'll bet you know. Therein lies the problem. It is essentially a difference between did something happen in a room with all the lights on, no lights on, or a small bulb over in the corner for light. I'm sorry, but I don't think that is a detail that would go unnoticed at even a subconscious level no matter how traumatic the incident was. It was repeatedly claimed that the encounter happened by the light of a full moon on a tree shrouded road in the middle of nowhere. For arguments sake, I'll even allow it was a half moon. That is a far different lighting environment than having the same location, only with no moon and where the moon had already set hours earlier.

At no point was the statement made that they couldn't remember or were so traumatized by the incident that details were possibly left out. In fact, quite the opposite was the case. Only after the wheels started coming off the wagon did all of the excuse making crank up. Any reasonable person(s) would, and have, recognized this tale for what it is.

Good question Ike, here’s the part I left out, when I observed a large handgun on the bed and a roll of duct tape, nobody needed to tell what his intentions were and I simply wasn’t going out like that, my choice. Never mind the gun to my mouth. I wasn’t going to become an execution style victim not then, not ever!  I was thinking survival, meaning talking and buying time first. Whatever was about to transpire would, but I was already planning on tossing the night stand out the glass window and following it down two stories below betting, no calculating a parked car would break my fall.  The long answer to your question it was daylight when I went in and dark or getting dark when I emerged. Would it have mattered one iota if I were asked to guess the time or lighting no, because I was completely engrossed in the situation at hand.

It would be months if not longer before my family, who already worried, heard all the details and it simply broke their hearts. I am saying this because when people experience things especially men we allow our bravado and machismo or pride to tell a story when maybe certain significant or insignificant things to me like moon phase stand in the way such as in the SC case. I never stated openly I was traumatized over my experiences either but I certainly knew other people went about their livelihood never having encounter things like that.

Have you heard somebody boast to you or hear someone excited about something explaining their experience only to realize that is was …. Uhm slightlty exaggerated? Is it then possible that any one of these SC points strike a note with you?  Thus far, I am totally sincere in saying if that is all there is to SC brouhaha, there is no there - there. But if all we're talking about he said there was full moon light and in reality there was nothing, well the man obviously was misinformed or misstated something though certainly not enough to be called names and such nor do we disclaim his account so easily.   

@SWWAS SASQUATCH PROJECT, I hope my description of duress and stressful while not entirely similar with a Bigfoot encounter is as equal in mind numbing and earth shattering to some no doubt. Thanks I appreciate your comments. Both of you guys posed very good points.

Edited by Gumshoeye

BFF Patron

There is a big difference between someone who has researched BF, read dozens of encounter accounts, and accepted the possibility from someone who thinks it a myth, or legend, or has outright rejected the possibility as have most skeptics. That latter group are the ones who are going to have the most problems processing the experience, or like the case of that recent BFRO report from the deeply religious person, who thought he was looking at a demon. No matter who or how well they are prepared, it certainly is hard to know how anyone will react.

From an intellectual standpoint I know that a face to face encounter with a 9 or 10 foot male is going to be frightening. But I also know from reading encounter reports, that the most likely reaction of the BF will be to simply turn and walk away leaving me frightened but unharmed. What I don't know is if my mind will continue to operate on an intellectual level, or be screaming for me to run away or do something stupid.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Given how things have gone in the past I don't expect much of a reaction in the moment.    I can think of a half dozen or dozen times where logically I'd have been at least jacked up if not outright scared but instead I sort of did a mental shrug and kept doing what I was doing.   There was never any immediate emotional trauma, sometimes the oddness of what'd happened took a few hours or even a day or two to sink in, other times, especially more recently, there's really no "sink in" at all.

I do not think this is "me".  I'm not pretending to be brave here.  I think I was ... externally influenced.   Infrasound, maybe?   Something that somewhat shuts down normal emotional responses to truly bizarre inputs.   I think the more recent total non-reactions suggest I'm becoming accustomed to it.   It'll be interesting to see where this leads ... if anywhere at all.

MIB

Edited by MIB

There is a big difference between someone who has researched BF, read dozens of encounter accounts, and accepted the possibility from someone who thinks it a myth, or legend, or has outright rejected the possibility as have most skeptics. That latter group are the ones who are going to have the most problems processing the experience, or like the case of that recent BFRO report from the deeply religious person, who thought he was looking at a demon. No matter who or how well they are prepared, it certainly is hard to know how anyone will react.

From an intellectual standpoint I know that a face to face encounter with a 9 or 10 foot male is going to be frightening. But I also know from reading encounter reports, that the most likely reaction of the BF will be to simply turn and walk away leaving me frightened but unharmed. What I don't know is if my mind will continue to operate on an intellectual level, or be screaming for me to run away or do something stupid.

This is not empirical science but I read, studied and analyzed approximately 8,662 Bigfoot related encounters mainly in form of written accounts all neatly laid out on an Excel spreadsheet document, and probably read another couple thousand more I did not keep. I would admit the overwhelming majority expressed some of type of fear and to be fair, not all expressed fear.

Draw any conclusion you may from this but the facts are facts. Approximately 12 percent of those reports or encounters where from people somehow involved with law enforcement or some other governmental agency. Avid sportsmen involved with camping, hunting, fishing almost always start their reports by announcing their height and weight and their background history and knowledge of their outdoors prowess. The majority of them will state they fear no man or animal, but their experience left them shaken and refused to talk about it even among their peers fearing ridicule.  This observation was made from people of walks of life and cross sections of society from  various professions and educational backgrounds. Each and every individual communicates their experiences differently for whatever reason and while they may not always articulate or interpret, I believe its all in the substance and nuance and not necessarily in the order we prefer. Just my opinion.   

ATV Operators 63

Bikes and Motorcycles 95

Boaters 53

Campers 1001

Farmers 496

Fishermen 318

Hikers 1396

Horseback Riders 60

Hunters 1027

LEO over 600

Military 95

Motorist 1,400

Other Governmental 360

Residential 1690

Snowmobilers 8

Edited by Gumshoeye

Does it matter that he probably made up the story? How many Bigfoot stories are made up? I posted on the subject, from his show, and got no 'crowd-sourcing'' information off of it, some agreed that episode may have ''gone too far'' for ''normal BF behavior, but that was it, it was a dead thread.

There is little if ANY discussion about FAKE BF STORIES. Unless you are a ''habituated'' human, and then you get the avalanche of skepticism.

With BF being more popular, a certain % of people are going to fake BF stories. We've already had a ''Dogman'' episode of insanity that looks to have been ''faked''. No discussion of why people fake BF (or) other stories, the Dogman story could have ''been for profit'' as they do ''BF interaction'' workshops, IE: $

Sas Chronicles also does BF stuff for $,

Ricky D also did fake BF for $$

So does the person involved with the camping incident do BF stuff for $$

At least one might say that $$ is ONE common denominator for faking BF stories.

What are the other reasons?

Being the ''Big Bigfoot Man'' on the ''BF scene'', IE: Fame (not fortune), so NAME RECOGNITION, IE: the NEXT Roger Patterson.

So, FAME and Fortune SEEM TO BE at least the basic, if not now, obvious motives for faking BF stories.

-And the habbers, weeeellllll, they're just plain friggin CRRAAAAZZZZZYYYYYY!

That is not a true statement....now that may be your opinion but it's nice to put a little wink ;- )  if you're kidding and making a funny???  But if you truly feel that habituations are on the fringe you might be mistaken.....ya just never know.....

• Upvote 3

BFF Patron

My drift with reaction to encounters is headed in the other direction from MIB's. My first encounter I was breathing deeply from listening to my late started recording, but do not recall being particularly frightened. The BF did nothing at all to try to frighten me. The second time was a chest beating intimidation which scared me because it was so sudden and unexpected. I had just gotten out my truck and walked around to the passenger side door when all hell broke loose behind me. The last encounter was when I got zapped a year ago. That hurt and frightened me but I did have the presence of mind to talk back and ask it to stop. So in my case the BF in each encounter has been in control of the situation and it chose whether or not to try to frighten me. Perhaps that is the case in other encounters too?

My drift with reaction to encounters is headed in the other direction from MIB's. My first encounter I was breathing deeply from listening to my late started recording, but do not recall being particularly frightened. The BF did nothing at all to try to frighten me. The second time was a chest beating intimidation which scared me because it was so sudden and unexpected. I had just gotten out my truck and walked around to the passenger side door when all hell broke loose behind me. The last encounter was when I got zapped a year ago. That hurt and frightened me but I did have the presence of mind to talk back and ask it to stop. So in my case the BF in each encounter has been in control of the situation and it chose whether or not to try to frighten me.

I think that is a key point there. I know how much this may sound cliché but I’ve read that many times too. I simply would not lull myself into complacency by thinking we can treat each encounter like any wild animal because we’ve had a positive experience in the past or we know somebody that says they did.  Just my thoughts ...

Perhaps that is the case in other encounters too?

post-21985-0-58087300-1428199322_thumb.j

Edited by Gumshoeye

Guest OntarioSquatch

Here is why people make up stories about Bigfoot: attention

What better way for people to get attention than to claim stuff like the government being out to get them or a family of Bigfeet being right in their backyard. 

There's little money to be made from telling stories. Occasionally you'll get someone like Todd Standing who goes the extra mile and tries to make money off of faked photos and videos, but that seems to be a minority.

I listened to one of the Sasquatch Chronicles podcasts and found the amount of lies being told almost intoxicating. These people enjoy telling crazy stories and getting people to talk about them. They are heroes on the internet and probably in their own minds.

If that's not bad enough, they are causing paranoia in people here about the government being out to get Bigfoot believers.

^^^

Okay then that’s certainly your take on it.  I’ve been lamenting over why so many people of diverse cross sectors of society are reporting these crazy encounters for a very long time and now I’ve finally figured it out.  Thank you Ontario Sasquatch, we can all rest now …  Don't we all wish it to be that simple?

FWIW, my professional experience is in the same field of Gums, and we share a similar training background, with different ares of operation. One of my experiences with looking at the business end of a pistol, took place at night, on a dirt road 80 miles from the nearest urban center and about 25 miles from the nearest incorporated city with streetlights mirrors his. In other words, it was mighty dark, and that handgun dang near glowed. I saw it just fine.

The bore of the barrel looked like something out of a Looney Toons Cartoon, about the size of a 3 inch pipe.

It is strange what your mind can do, blow up the size of a handgun, make a Buck knife held in anger look the size of a Machete...very strange.

Time seems to slow down. My internal conversation "speed" seemed normal, but at the time I thought and felt my /react / response speed was slow as molasses.

It wasn't. The fact that I am here to report this speaks to that.

There are many factors involved in the way people react to major fight / flight events, training can mitigate the impact of those factors, but training in this area is very perishable. I think an encounter such as the SC brothers reported would fit into the super stressful nature that triggers those factors.

If Wes and his brother had been debriefed or interviewed by pros regarding this incident that debrief process would have taken place over days and multiple interviews (done individually) would have been conducted before a final accounting, representing the most factual accounting possible was produced.