Campsite Destroyed

FWIW, my professional experience is in the same field of Gums, and we share a similar training background, with different ares of operation. One of my experiences with looking at the business end of a pistol, took place at night, on a dirt road 80 miles from the nearest urban center and about 25 miles from the nearest incorporated city with streetlights mirrors his. In other words, it was mighty dark, and that handgun dang near glowed. I saw it just fine.

The bore of the barrel looked like something out of a Looney Toons Cartoon, about the size of a 3 inch pipe.

It is strange what your mind can do, blow up the size of a handgun, make a Buck knife held in anger look the size of a Machete...very strange.

Time seems to slow down. My internal conversation "speed" seemed normal, but at the time I thought and felt my /react / response speed was slow as molasses.

It wasn't. The fact that I am here to report this speaks to that.

There are many factors involved in the way people react to major fight / flight events, training can mitigate the impact of those factors, but training in this area is very perishable. I think an encounter such as the SC brothers reported would fit into the super stressful nature that triggers those factors.

If Wes and his brother had been debriefed or interviewed by pros regarding this incident that debrief process would have taken place over days and multiple interviews (done individually) would have been conducted before a final accounting, representing the most factual accounting possible was produced.

The latter point by Nortfork is underscored by his prevalence to avoid double speak and prettified language who instead tells it like it really is admirably, a quality found in so few these days and something I have not yet mastered. He raises another theme I completely overlooked, in his last sentence he hits the homerun by making a critical point, if the gentlemen were interviewed immediately after the alleged event all this discussion would be nonexistent. Hat tip and thank you my brother. Yes of course it is true, debriefing somebody as quickly as possible after the fact tends to separate a lot the chaff from the wheat rather quickly.         

Edited by Gumshoeye

They apparently talked to someone the next day through Email though. So it should of still been fresh in their heads. I just cant get over that they said it was a full moon,which they knew by looking at it, not going off how much light there was. So they say this 24 hours or less after the incident. We know the date. There was no full moon on the date they give, not even if you go a week in reverse or forward was there a full moon. So either the story is true but they made up the moon thing, its true and they are mistaken, or its a hoax.

You have to ask why Will left the show. Hes a legit researcher. If he left it was for a good reason, he wouldnt leave the show and a potential paycheck just because a few people called Wes a liar. Unless of course it was true.

Ive listened to all their shows before they started charging for a 'premium membership' and Wes once said 'were not in this to get rich' . I want to believe Wes' story. I did believe it. Tired of hoaxes.

BFF Patron

They apparently talked to someone the next day through Email though. So it should of still been fresh in their heads. I just cant get over that they said it was a full moon,which they knew by looking at it, not going off how much light there was. So they say this 24 hours or less after the incident. We know the date. There was no full moon on the date they give, not even if you go a week in reverse or forward was there a full moon. So either the story is true but they made up the moon thing, its true and they are mistaken, or its a hoax.

You have to ask why Will left the show. Hes a legit researcher. If he left it was for a good reason, he wouldnt leave the show and a potential paycheck just because a few people called Wes a liar. Unless of course it was true.

Ive listened to all their shows before they started charging for a 'premium membership' and Wes once said 'were not in this to get rich' . I want to believe Wes' story. I did believe it. Tired of hoaxes.

At what time did this sighting supposedly happen? If you look at my picture taken to the West it should be pretty easy to compare the moon set time to the sighting location. If the time happened after the moon set time for that day, then not only was there no full moon but there might not have been any moon. As I recall looking at moon set times it was something like 7:20 something PM. From the picture you can see that the moon would set behind trees and terrain before the official set time. The sighting had to have been before the moon set or the entire story falls apart.

I've made it a point to have recently listened to about 12-15 of the Sasquatch Chronicles pod casts. I listen to them as I work in my yard and they are very entertaining. For the most part, the hosts do a pretty good job. That being said, there's no doubt in my mind that the primary purpose of the show is entertainment and not scientific education or investigation.

A few weeks ago, Wes and Woody had a show, dedicated to defending themselves from recent accusations. In that particular pod cast, they made it a priority to portray themselves as%2

*Moderator, please delete my prior post 485. I tried to edit and made a mess...

I've made it a point to have recently listened to about 12-15 of the Sasquatch Chronicles pod casts. I listen to them as I work in my yard and they are very entertaining. For the most part, the hosts do a pretty good job. That being said, there's no doubt in my mind that the primary purpose of the show is entertainment and not scientific education or investigation.

A few weeks ago, Wes and Woody had a show, dedicated to defending themselves from recent accusations. In that particular pod cast, they made it a priority to portray themselves as simply producers of a small Bigfoot show that serves as a forum to help witnesses understand their sighting. They claimed to only charge enough money to keep the show going and were not even making enough money to pay for gas.

Yesterday, I listened to one of their shows in which Audible.com was the sponsor and they claimed a following of 250,000 listeners. According to some research I did, a radio show may charge $15-$45 per thousand listeners. Because a pod cast is played "on demand" an advertiser gets much better exposure and will pay an industry rate within the range of 5 cents per download. This is not a hard/ fast rule but an example of how pod casts charge for advertising.

It's simple math and, if they're telling the truth, they're making over $10,000 every show and maybe a whole lot more than that. You can see why they are highly motivated to increase their base of followers. This was a claim they made on their own show so there's no question as to what was said. I suspect this number is exaggerated or represents a combined total of listeners over the entire lifespan of their show. If it really is true, then they're doing very well.

Regardless, I think this is just one more example of their need to exaggerate information in order to bolster their image and calls into question their credibility on anything that attracts or detracts from their show. Especially in light of the financial incentives that come into play.

I visited the Wes Germer sighting location today. I will just report and not pass any judgment. The location is on FR 4205 just above FR 42. FR42 and the Lewis River can be glimpsed through the trees down the fairly steep hillside to the South. FR 4205 is an uphill grade past the location and continues up hill for several miles as it continues East. There are no, repeat no mountains visible from the GPS coordinates. The visible high terrain is the steep canyon walls to the South of the Lewis River. If you continue to the East up FR 4205 for several miles, you will start getting glimpses of the top of Silver Star Mountain to the SE. At the sighting coordinates there is a gentle upslope to the North side of the road that has few trees, it could be called a meadow. The road itself runs 220 degrees to the West down hill, and 040 degrees magnetic up hill to the East. At and immediately East of the sighting coordinates there are several very active game trails that cross 4205 from the meadow like area North of the road. I can see where game would come down from the high country to the North, cross 4205, and go down the steep slope below 4205 to 42 and the river below.

Here is the location looking down hill towards the West

attachicon.gifIMG_0744.JPG

Here is looking at the location uphill towards the East.

attachicon.gifIMG_0740.JPG

This is the Meadow like area just North of 4205

attachicon.gifIMG_0743.JPG

This is a game trail that crosses 4205 at the sighting location

attachicon.gifIMG_0741.JPG

Referencing the picture looking West at the location, you can see that the moon would have to be pretty high in the West to be visible above the trees. Even straight down the road trees obscure anything near the horizon.

@SWWASASQUATCHPROJ, I am looking at your photos from post#454, good clarity, do you know if this road sits in a saddle meaning a road between two high points? I see a few photos that seem to suggest some pretty dense forest maybe even shrouded in trees at some point. If the roads are heavily shrouded with and it’s surrounded by high points or hills is it possible that the moon would be partially obscured by trees depending on the exact position or time of the night?  While careful not to draw this conversation too far the topic the reason I ask is because the Germans actually used this very strategy and tactic well during WWII to prevent allied aerial observation from above.  With a few real vestiges remaining when served there some of the forested roads were camouflaged quite well and very difficult to see outside looking it, like a natural tunnel of sorts. Some of the more ideal roads for this seen in Germany were used in a saddle between hills on both sides. Anyone familiar with this area geographically speaking, I mean actually been there besides SWWASASQUATCHPROJ?  

BFF Patron

I am not sure what you are asking. 4205 is uphill to the East as far as I drove on it. It goes up one side of the East Fork Canyon to high ground to the North. I drove probably 4 miles East on it just to get a feel for the terrine and look and see if any mountains came into view. 3 o 4 miles East I started getting glimpses of Silver Star Mountain to the SE. But perhaps what you are asking is that in the direction to the North of the picture of what I call the meadow, where the trees are sparse, it is sort of a saddle area leading up into the high country to the North. East of there the canyon walls are quite steep and access from the North much more difficult. If I were a BF and wanted to get down to the river, I would come right down past where the sighting was reported to happen where all the game trails crossed the road. There were 3 that I saw all in about a 1/2 stretch of road. When I was there, I actually thought that would be an excellent place to put some game cameras to observe wild life of all kinds crossing 4205.

Guest ChasingRabbits

*Moderator, please delete my prior post 485. I tried to edit and made a mess...

(snip)

Yesterday, I listened to one of their shows in which Audible.com was the sponsor and they claimed a following of 250,000 listeners.

I agree with you. I don't think SC is primarily an entertainment program with some educational/investigational things tossed in a garnish.

Which episode(s) did they say they had 250K listeners? I recall that they wanted audible.com to co-sponsor an expedition to a site Will knows and they needed a certain number of listeners to become members at audible.com for audible to sponsor it.

Guest ChasingRabbits

Speaking of campgrounds destroyed, anyone know anything about Mitchell Waite? This researcher finds a sleeping bag. Cannot tell you anything more about than you will see on short video but its interesting.  

I don't know any follow ups. BUT if I came across that camp, I wouldn't move the items like the guy did. Id' take video/pics of it and call the cops. If I absolutely HAD to move the items, I would use a stick to do it because 1. you don't want to leave any fingerprints if it is a crime scene, 2. if there is body fluid, you don't want to handle that with your bare hands.

I don't know any follow ups. BUT if I came across that camp, I wouldn't move the items like the guy did. Id' take video/pics of it and call the cops. If I absolutely HAD to move the items, I would use a stick to do it because 1. you don't want to leave any fingerprints if it is a crime scene, 2. if there is body fluid, you don't want to handle that with your bare hands.

That’s my way of thinking Chasing Rabbits, we both agree. You cannot interfere that sort of thing. I am curious what part of the country he videos from?

I agree with you. I don't think SC is primarily an entertainment program with some educational/investigational things tossed in a garnish.

Which episode(s) did they say they had 250K listeners? I recall that they wanted audible.com to co-sponsor an expedition to a site Will knows and they needed a certain number of listeners to become members at audible.com for audible to sponsor it.

It was one of the following 3 episodes as I was working in the yard and listened to all 3 in the course of a day. Episodes 32, 57, 70. If I have time, I'll zip through each and let you know which one it was specifically.

Also, I do want to note I've listened to some episodes with Bob Garret as the guest. I like a lot of the stuff that Bob has to say. However, I can't help but think he may add a touch of flavor to his stories. This is not the first camp ground he's found, that's shown indications of violence. In addition, he's mentioned some pretty detailed and hair raising encounters. In one of the episodes he mentions that he's witnessed Bigfoot hunting deer and elk for extended periods of time, as well as other, truly scary encounters.

I kept wondering where was his camera, during all of these different experiences? As many encounters as he's had, you'd think he'd make it a priority to have one available. I've never seen one myself so I don't know how common it is to have seen as many as Bob has. Do all researchers have as many exciting encounters or is Bob especially gifted in finding them?