Now What?

Guest ChasingRabbits

That would be extra-dimensional. There are reasons they tried to get the 'Patty'' film before it was released. BF does not mix with modern industrial life. We are too primitive. The hypo would exist in another dimension. So its silly. I know you want some type of 'adaptation'' answer, but its not going to happen, even if it does.

If you were lucky enough to find a dead BF body, -your best bet is to sell it to a Japanese buyer, if you can without getting knocked off.

BF is in the same league with UFO's. Not for public consumption, unless it is que bennefacto for the power structure. So actually, it might 'happen' in 20 some years, to distract from the collapse of society.

The problem with BF is that they are  near or at or surpass human level intelligence at certain levels, so its not compatible with modern life, or so they say.

The scenario you want to ask is under what circumstances do they allow BF to be recognized by science.

You have to ask the right questions first.

Edited by Wag

Potentially could end up thee ultimate hunters prize.

Laws or not, I'm sure that there would be many out there who couldn't resist trying to 'bag' one.

However I'm not expecting an announcement anytime soon....

Guest ChasingRabbits

That would be extra-dimensional. There are reasons they tried to get the 'Patty'' film before it was released. BF does not mix with modern industrial life. We are too primitive. The hypo would exist in another dimension. So its silly. I know you want some type of 'adaptation'' answer, but its not going to happen, even if it does.

If you were lucky enough to find a dead BF body, -your best bet is to sell it to a Japanese buyer, if you can without getting knocked off.

BF is in the same league with UFO's. Not for public consumption, unless it is que bennefacto for the power structure. So actually, it might 'happen' in 20 some years, to distract from the collapse of society.

The problem with BF is that they are  near or at or surpass human level intelligence at certain levels, so its not compatible with modern life, or so they say.

The scenario you want to ask is under what circumstances do they allow BF to be recognized by science.

You have to ask the right questions first.

As I wrote, the premise of this thread is that the scientific community has publicly acknowledged the existence of BF, not "under what circumstance do they allow BF to be recognized". If I have not made that clear previously, I apologize and  I hope that I do now.

BTW, I'm not looking for or wanting "some kind of 'adaptation' answer": I asked this question because I wanted to see 1. if the BF community has ever given this scenario thought and 2. what they  would like the next steps to be. I come to BF via my interest in folklore and its relationship to history/culture. And through that interest I know that myths or "tall tales" have at their origin either an atom of truth or are entirely true, with the latter resulting in hastily re-written books or proclamations of "discovery" by academia.

Potentially could end up thee ultimate hunters prize.

Laws or not, I'm sure that there would be many out there who couldn't resist trying to 'bag' one.

However I'm not expecting an announcement anytime soon....

I know you probably didn't intend it, but the irony of hunters having to be told something is real before they attempt to shoot it is a good prediction, although any number of hunters could merely look at any number of the accounts made by any number of other hunters and come to that conclusion immediately. That they don't, or won't, is just rich. 

If we had enough hunters now signing up for this job, we'd be that much closer to a type specimen. If public awareness education does anything it might convince a hunter to overcome that initial "what the heck IS that in my sights" reaction and get them to pull the trigger. I personally wouldn't/couldn't do that, but there are potentially hundreds who would, and possibly could. If one does, I would not be squeamish about looking at the post-mortem analysis, in detail.  Science is messy sometimes and sacrifices are made for knowledge that comes in no other form. 

BTW, I'm not looking for or wanting "some kind of 'adaptation' answer": I asked this question because I wanted to see 1. if the BF community has ever given this scenario thought and 2. what they  would like the next steps to be. I come to BF via my interest in folklore and its relationship to history/culture. And through that interest I know that myths or "tall tales" have at their origin either an atom of truth or are entirely true, with the latter resulting in hastily re-written books or proclamations of "discovery" by academia.

1. What is the ''BF community''? LMAO! That IS funny.

2. What would ''they'' like the next steps to be? Even funnier.

Go back to my answers, this is getting silly. :wild:

Guest ChasingRabbits

1. What is the ''BF community''? LMAO! That IS funny. Do you read this forum much?

2. What would ''they'' like the next steps to be? Even funnier.

Go back to my answers, this is getting silly. :wild:

1. a. BF community AKA Bigfoot community are those people with an interest in Bigfoot.

1. b. Yes, and I'm beginning to regret joining this "discussion" board, as it seems to only welcome one type of "discussion".

And yes, this is getting silly. It's absolutely pathetic that I've had to explain that this is a hypothetical scenario a number of times.

Edited by ChasingRabbits

I agree rabbits i dont find his posts very pleasant, always something smart mouthed or sarcastic

Some kind of 'im smarter than you' attitude

Anyways... now what?

Edited by ItsAsquatch

Guest Stan Norton

Please don't feel you have to leave. After a short time you will work out who the 'interesting' characters are and ignore their incoherent ramblings. There is an ignore function which provides instant relief, believe me!

I've used this example previously, but the recent rediscovery of the night parrot in Queensland may be a useful heads up for the varied reaction such an announcement may bring. Of course, sasquatch would be on a grander scale but...

http://theconversation.com/found-worlds-most-mysterious-bird-but-why-all-the-secrecy-18000

Who, WAG?   I think he's showing more insight than the original question.   Naive.

However, if somehow the scientific community DID accept bigfoot as real ... there are still no clear answers.   Assuming that whatever proof caused them to accept BF told them a little about what they are, those details factor into choosing the next steps.  

It depends a very great deal on how closely they are related to us and whether or not they are self-aware.   That determines whether a wildlife management paradigm is ethical or not.  If they are "people", then we can't "go there" ethically.    At the same time, if they are too "primitive" or their culture too different than ours, we can't expect them to follow our laws either.  When a more advanced culture meets a less advanced culture, the less advanced culture is destroyed each and every time.    We can't put them on a reservation, we can't find them and we can't corner them.  

It's a messy can of worms.   Anyone who can't see that is dealing with fantasy, not reality.  Frankly, the legal complexity alone is reason enough for our gov't to suppress evidence as long as possible.

Best answer I can come up with is what ptangier (where is that rascal, anyway?) suggested, a "free roam" policy, plus a no-kill legal policy ... say minimum $100,000 fine and minimum 10 years in prison.   That might buy time to study in more detail and develop a workable approach.    While that's happening, perhaps the idea we're not alone after all will sink in and people will chill a bit. 

Not much but it's all I've got.  :(

MIB

• Upvote 1

I think what a "preserve and protect" approach has going for it is the history of how benign they are....for centuries they have been moving about quite freely, it appears, with a minimum of disruption to our lives, it seems. They do not prey on livestock to any great extent we know of, do no noticeable degree of property damage and subsist largely on a game animal, the population of which even they and us combined can't seem to put a  (much needed) dent in.  Seems like all that would be required is to officially acknowledge they are there and try to map their ranges as best we can. Preserving their habitat (if we can agree on what it is) would be an obligation that would reap unintended benefits as well for lots of other species.  If they are human, and given that we have not much of a chance of containing them in BF "Reservations", that option seems dead on delivery. If they are primates or some "other", ditto.  Really, our ability to change, manage or steer this outcome will be very limited indeed.

Edited by WSA
  • Upvote 1

Yah, but to be borne in mind, is that the same people who feed bears are allowed to vote. Also city folks who have impractical (Bambi-fied) views of predator/prey relationships and herd management are also allowed to vote.

Chasing Rabbits,  Stan N handed you some sound advice #40. Be temperate in your responses and rest well knowing you’re not alone my friend, not all of us are like that.  

1. a. BF community AKA Bigfoot community are those people with an interest in Bigfoot.

1. b. Yes, and I'm beginning to regret joining this "discussion" board, as it seems to only welcome one type of "discussion".

And yes, this is getting silly. It's absolutely pathetic that I've had to explain that this is a hypothetical scenario a number of times. .

I gave you a realistic scenario for which, hypothetically, actually, probably closer to reality, that the powers that be would release BF information.

Your still at lets say, stage 1 of BFery. That is, you think for example, if you find  a dead BF, that you can call up the media, and whatever, get on national news, and that ''BF'' will be ''discovered'' etc.

That is a fantasy. Will not ever happen under the given circumstances. Unless it would prove beneficial to the power structure that runs the country. Which it would not.

The reason it sounds 'cryptic' when I post is merely more information that is assumed on my part, than you are processing.

Of course, its all hearsay information, so it depends on personal interpretation also, which will vary.

Apparently the Patty film could have been stopped from release by a day or so. It was (apparently) a ''close call''.  For example, and that is just the film.

Under the scenario of social collaps, there are plenty of other distractions though, so even then BF and UFO info may not be released.

I think what a "preserve and protect" approach has going for it is the history of how benign they are....for centuries they have been moving about quite freely, it appears, with a minimum of disruption to our lives, it seems. They do not prey on livestock to any great extent we know of, do no noticeable degree of property damage and subsist largely on a game animal, the population of which even they and us combined can't seem to put a  (much needed) dent in.  Seems like all that would be required is to officially acknowledge they are there and try to map their ranges as best we can. Preserving their habitat (if we can agree on what it is) would be an obligation that would reap unintended benefits as well for lots of other species.  If they are human, and given that we have not much of a chance of containing them in BF "Reservations", that option seems dead on delivery. If they are primates or some "other", ditto.  Really, our ability to change, manage or steer this outcome will be very limited indeed.

Actually they do in New Mexico and Arizona, lots of those Indians want someone to "shoot em" dead.- (Brenda Harris) Goat killers, chicken killrs, and one or 2 Indians recently. Maybe worse in Arizona (Bobo)

And in Texas, they may have left a "big mess" of some campers recently. Texas BF seem pretty mean. They would be endangered if that came out BF were killin' Texuns.

Edited by salubrious

Guest ChasingRabbits

I gave you a realistic scenario for which, hypothetically, actually, probably closer to reality, that the powers that be would release BF information.

Anyhow, I'm still eager to hear what you think the next steps should be if the scientific community holds a press conference to publicly acknowledge the existence of Big Foot and has proof of Big Foot's existence.

Edited by ChasingRabbits