Now What?

Guest ChasingRabbits

Hypothetical is not necessarily imaginary as in ''fantasy''.
So what if the moon was made of cheese? Eh, not interested in that type of thinking. You did not specify ''make believe fantasy''

The Bigfoot would get lots of clothing donations from the good humans, and be seen in forests with ill-fitting second hand clothing. Jane Madasell would teach the female bigfoot to sew together 2 or 3 sets of large mens sizes so they would fit better, but still be unmatched. This seemed to interest the BF even more....

Search and rescue was now totally up to the BF in the forests, and no humans ever got lost again...

So, I would go with MIB's post for best scenario. But boring

Search and rescue was now totally up to the BF in the forests, and no humans ever got lost again...

We pay bounty of 4 sides of beef on every human found.... resulting in no human unfound after 24 hours... however, reports of temporarily  missing people go up 100 fold, as does the phenomena of people apparently knocking themselves out accidentally, to be returned to nearest ranger post with an egg on their head by a smiling squatch.

Moderator Statement:

This thread is now open. Please maintain decorum as  laid out in the forum rules:

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/29306-bff-rules-guidelines/

BFF Forum Rules:

1. Respect For Others

A. All members of these Forums will respect the opinions and presence of other members of the Forums. You are welcome to engage in challenging and spirited debate with other users, but rudeness will not be tolerated. Name-calling, disrespecting other users or throwing personal insults against them will not be tolerated. Flaming another user because of their spelling or word choice will not be tolerated. Personal attacks of any kind are not allowed. Racial/Ethnic or sexist slurs will not be tolerated. A
ntisocial behavior, in general, will not be tolerated.

Once they have been proven, I think I speak for everyone in that I'd like to see Star Wars remade with all the characters played by sasquatches, but Chewbacca played by a human - probably Tom Biscardi, with a scene added where he is repeatedly whipped.

SSR Team

This is a tasteful family forum Parkie, let's leave your night time fantasy's and desires out of this..;)

Once they have been proven, I think I speak for everyone in that I'd like to see Star Wars remade with all the characters played by sasquatches, but Chewbacca played by a human - probably Tom Biscardi, with a scene added where he is repeatedly whipped.

No no no. Don't speak for me parkie. I'm sick to death of Star Wars. Wish the whole stupid franchise would go away and die. Enough is enough. It was the beginning of the dumbing down of cinema.  I didn't even like it when I saw it at the cinema as kid in the 70s. I thought it was silly then. :tease:

This may sound dreadfully stupid of me to say but. I seriously wonder when they are proven or if they are proven how long before someone tries to domesticate one? People try to keep lions and tigers and bears (oh my) as pets so I seriously wonder. If they are proven then I feel it wont be long until they are seen as the next big trend and craze. We will have experts of all shapes and sizes coming out of the woods and woodwork just to get their 5 seconds of fame. 

Maybe, as a cautionary tale against domestication, we should re-edit Harry and the Hendersons, where every time he makes a mistake or gets frustrated at something the screen sprays with blood... :D 

Seems to me the idea of domestication is based on an assumption of dumb animal since we don't domesticate people.    I think it's premature to jump to that conclusion.   

Forming careful friendships and maybe even working together might be more possible.  I'd be plenty happy to have a cooperative bigfoot carry my elk up out of the canyon and drop it by my truck.  He can have the dang liver.

MIB

Guest ChasingRabbits

Seems to me the idea of domestication is based on an assumption of dumb animal since we don't domesticate people.    I think it's premature to jump to that conclusion.   

Forming careful friendships and maybe even working together might be more possible.  I'd be plenty happy to have a cooperative bigfoot carry my elk up out of the canyon and drop it by my truck.  He can have the dang liver.

MIB

Successfully domesticated people are called "husbands" ;-)

This may sound dreadfully stupid of me to say but. I seriously wonder when they are proven or if they are proven how long before someone tries to domesticate one? People try to keep lions and tigers and bears (oh my) as pets so I seriously wonder. If they are proven then I feel it wont be long until they are seen as the next big trend and craze. We will have experts of all shapes and sizes coming out of the woods and woodwork just to get their 5 seconds of fame. 

I remember a documentary on PBS years ago that mentioned an orangutan. It was adopted as a youngster by a village. When some zoologists came and saw that the orang was living as a member of the village, they rehabilitated it by teaching it how to be an orangutan. Then they reunited it with the orangs in the jungle. That orang primarily lives in the jungle with the other orangs but occasionally goes back to the village to visit. The footage showed an orang sitting on a mat with a family, eating a meal with them, and the orang pounding clothes on river rocks with the other village women. If you can call washing clothes and having a sit-down meal with a human family 'domesticated' then it's been done with other primates.

But what if BF is a subspecies of Homo sapiens? Let's say BF is Homo sapiens sasquatchiens. Now what? Does Homo sapiens sasquatchiens have the same legal rights and privileges as Homo sapiens sapiens? Can H. sapiens sasquatchiens vote? Can they own property? Can they be required to pay taxes?

Successfully domesticated people are called "husbands" ;-)

No truer words have ever been spoken.  Plus from me.

Anderson Cooper and CNN will broadcast live from the woods every hour of every day for the next decade or until another plane goes missing.

Brian Williams reports that he was taken prisoner and had dinner with a family of BF before escaping by using his shoestrings as an Indian Jones like whip while he was reporting from Afghanistan but was told by the FBI, CIA, NSA, Freemasons/Knights Templar that he could release the information due to national security.

I refuse to out the cart in front of the horse. We must solve the first problem, which is proving they exist, before worrying about the second problem.

Edited by Rockape