Encounters That Go Unreported

MNskeptic

What has to be seen in order to be considered a "report" that goes unreported? I'll bet that the experiences that are reported in the BFRO are probably a fraction of what has really been experienced as far as Class A sightings.

My one and only experience was seeing a footprint on the bank of a remote river in Idaho that was perpendicular to the water's edge, which means that the creature had crossed the river and stepped up on the bank. What makes this interesting is that this section of the river was too deep and swift for me to cross, and I am 6'1" and 230 lbs. It obviously had to be an extremely strong creature in the lower half of its body in order to have made it across. I tried crossing but couldn't. The footprint was the same size as my fishing boot, size 11, maybe 11.5 since they make those boots a little larger. Did I report this? No. But it was an experience.

Edited by TD-40

I'd wager a lot of suspected activity does go unreported , officially anyways.

I talked to a guy once that was having trouble with deer mowing his garden down at night.

he was in the  process of fencing it but not finished. he woke up around  4 am and went out  there to run any deer off before they got more .

he  shined a light across the garden which is part of an old pasture with a wooded ridge running up along the back side. when the beam hit the treeline  he heard sounds like someone knocking on wood..... I've known him a long time, and BF was always just a big joke to him...... now he's not so sure and I suspect there is more he isn't sharing.......... but fwiw, the only tracks in the garden were deer and tractor, lol.

point is, he wouldn't call  BFRO (or any other group for that matter ) and I know of other  peoples "maybes" that will never see the light of day publicly .

not every one wants that attention.

Edited by Doc Holliday

It took me about 3 years to report my first experience. I only reported the first one after having a second encounter.

I'm not really sure why I waited so long.

Don't feel bad, took me 32 years...

• 7 months later...

I grew up in Western Oregon and lived there for about 40 years.  Almost everyone I knew, that spent a lot of time outdoors in the woods, (loggers, hunters, construction, wildfire fighters, etc) had some kind of encounter.  Most would certainly be Class B, but that's still a lot of encounters that never made any kind of database.

17x7

Hi 17x7,

I agree with you 100%.

I've met a lot of people that have had a bigfoot sighting or activity in Clackamas, Marion, Linn, and Tillamook counties that have not reported it to any bigfoot research organization. Some of them have even showed me track casts and photos that they have taken.

Just last weekend my brothers friend stopped by and he said he had a bigfoot encounter in the Tillamook State Forest area recently and I doubt he will report it. Hopefully next year I'll be able to talk to him a little more about it.

But in Eastern Oregon all the time I've spent in Umatilla, Grant, Wasco, and Deschutes counties. I've only met one person that had possible bigfoot activity and that person didn't report it.

Admin

Just curious, photos of what?

If I came across an 8 foot tall, hairy creature standing there 20 feet away and looking at me and there was absolutely no doubt what it was, I'd tell everyone I know.  I'd contact those very few in the bf world that I admire and i'd tell them too.  If the press found out and wanted to interview me, I'd tell them as well.  All because I knew without a doubt that it was out there and there was such a thing.  I wouldn't attack or get angry at those on a forum such as this who didn't believe me or who were skeptical because I would understand where they were coming from.  Then I'd say to myself holy sh*t, there IS such a thing and I gotta start apologizing!  

t.

You might do that, but could you live with yourself as one of those Bigfoot advocates that just can't prove it no matter what you say.  You might need to weight the pros (positives) vs the negatives. It might get to the point that it is pointless to try and inform others of it's existence. Would you be compelled to try and get proof, or could you let it go.

• Upvote 2

Just curious, photos of what?

bigfoot, bigfoot tracks, twisted limbs, scat, rock stacks, and other miscellaneous stuff a bigfoot supposedly did.

Admin

Were the pics of BF decent (i.e, clear and identifiable) or pretty much like everything else you see these days, blurry and indistinct?

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I've seen an number of Cryptids. My most memorable experience I didn't talk about for many decades as I think the meaning was a bit deeper than people can apprehend on the general cultural level though I'm sure a lot of Native Americans would know what I'm talking about. The reason, in part, was to let the individual have a peaceful life and not disturb my relation with him as I am probably tasked on a higher level as a protector. I did release a version of the event and it went more or less viral. Bottom line there are many unknown types out there and the best protection is secrecy.

Here in Coos County, Oregon, I've spoken with seven eye witnesses, and only one reported his incident. Many simply don't know where to report but this is probably changing since many will find where to report.

Dating back to 1949, BFRO/Coos County has 6 reports of A, B, or C categories. Times this by 100 and maybe 600 total sightings have been experienced and not reported. This makes 6% of class A sightings are actually reported.

Were the pics of BF decent (i.e, clear and identifiable) or pretty much like everything else you see these days, blurry and indistinct?

None of the pics of BF that I've seen are as good as Patty.

Edited by CMBigfoot

If I came across an 8 foot tall, hairy creature standing there 20 feet away and looking at me and there was absolutely no doubt what it was, I'd tell everyone I know.  I'd contact those very few in the bf world that I admire and i'd tell them too.  If the press found out and wanted to interview me, I'd tell them as well.  All because I knew without a doubt that it was out there and there was such a thing.  I wouldn't attack or get angry at those on a forum such as this who didn't believe me or who were skeptical because I would understand where they were coming from.  Then I'd say to myself holy sh*t, there IS such a thing and I gotta start apologizing!  

t.

You might do that, but could you live with yourself as one of those Bigfoot advocates that just can't prove it no matter what you say.  You might need to weight the pros (positives) vs the negatives. It might get to the point that it is pointless to try and inform others of it's existence. Would you be compelled to try and get proof, or could you let it go.

Pretty sure I could Southern.  Those few that I wanted to believe me I'm sure I'd have a good chance of doing so only because of sincerity and what I could describe from that perfect, unquestionable sighting.  Actually not having most folks believe me would not bother me at all.  Especially those we encounter in the bf club.  It could very well be pointless to inform others but I'd be good with that and I could let it go.   It sure would be a mind blower to know without a doubt that the **** thing was out there though!

;-)

t.

I've seen an number of Cryptids. My most memorable experience I didn't talk about for many decades as I think the meaning was a bit deeper than people can apprehend on the general cultural level though I'm sure a lot of Native Americans would know what I'm talking about. The reason, in part, was to let the individual have a peaceful life and not disturb my relation with him as I am probably tasked on a higher level as a protector. I did release a version of the event and it went more or less viral. Bottom line there are many unknown types out there and the best protection is secrecy.

Is that report still out there somewhere Cryptic?

t.

Pretty sure I could Southern.  Those few that I wanted to believe me I'm sure I'd have a good chance of doing so only because of sincerity and what I could describe from that perfect, unquestionable sighting.  Actually not having most folks believe me would not bother me at all.  Especially those we encounter in the bf club.  It could very well be pointless to inform others but I'd be good with that and I could let it go.   It sure would be a mind blower to know without a doubt that the **** thing was out there though!

;-)

t.

I feel the same way about it Terry.  If I saw one I wouldn't care what other people said or thought because I would know and that would be all that I needed.

I feel the same way about it Terry.  If I saw one I wouldn't care what other people said or thought because I would know and that would be all that I needed.

Those that care and fly off the handle because no one believes them are hoaxers, unstable or mostly disfunctional.  At least in my opinion.  If you've ever taken a known liar to task you'll know what I mean.

t.

• Upvote 1

Reporting in person and getting shut down is worse that when it happens with a written report IMHO. The honest person that is touchy should only tell trusted friends. true or false?