Cascades Carnivore Project - How Do They Miss The Bigfoots?

kitakaze

Yuchi let the cat out of the bag supposedly...,,.I've never been there and the NAWAC has never confirmed or denied the veracity of his claim.

*shrugs*

NAWAC doesn't do claim verification from what I've seen. 

OKBFFan - Yucchi1 is local to the situation if you have any questions that the search function won't handle. He placed a plat map up which was quickly removed. I know that someone interested enough can contact the county auditor for verification but there is a fee.

I think they have been very up front and honest about wanting to keep the location a secret.

So why would they verify Yuchi's claim?

Lol, you think Yuchi is a skeptic?

The guy that went on a hunt, and says he is No-Kill?

That guy?

He is skeptical of NAWAC claims, but he is in no way a skeptic of Bigfoot.

I think they have been very up front and honest about wanting to keep the location a secret.

So why would they verify Yuchi's claim?

The point being they haven't verified any claims, most notably those made by themselves.

It's not that secret, all you need is the owner's name and the county. Land ownership is public record if you are willing to do a little research. Your land, my land, even sassy's secret refuge is available if you decide to investigate. 

It's not that secret, all you need is the owner's name and the county. Land ownership is public record if you are willing to do a little research.

Exactly my point. Why would you disclose that info?

I see. Was this incident included in the encounters described in the report published? I don't recall reading of this in the paper.

Agreed Norse, what would stop a 9' wood ape from moving from the 10 acre plot to adjoining public land? I don't think it matters though, the action is taking place on the 10 acre parcel. The rock throwing, the through-the-screen fondling, the shooting, etc are all taking place at/in camp. The rocks are hitting the cabin roof, the fondling took place at the cabin, the shooting took place there and drove Branson's relative off the plot. 

OhioBill,

You make a good point and I had to re-read the report (only the section on visual sightings) and methodically extract the approximate location for the 18 cases they included in pages 128-147 of the NAWAC Ouachita Project monograph.

The report says that they had 49 visual sightings and they provided details on 18 of them in the report.

The table attached summarizes the 18 cases (date, time, approximate locations, witnesses, and whether the location was near the cabins (supposedly within the 10 acre parcel).

Of the 18 reports, 11 (61%) were close to the cabin.  The other 7, I could not tell because there was not enough information.

Thus, your point is well taken that most of the activity is happening in a small area. 

The rock throwing (without doing a similar type of case by case analysis) also happened mainly around the cabin.

Granted I did not do the same type of analysis on the wood-nocks, vocalizations and other parts of the report.

It is odd that while NAWAC is not baiting the creatures with food/goodies (like other habituators) and is trying to kill one (and has shot at them), these creatures keep coming back to this small area (or so they claim).

I pointed out in the other thread on NAWAC that a sketch or map of where all these activities happened relative to each other would have been very helpful to understand the range of observation.

If the creatures are real (and supposedly smart) why keep coming back to such a small area (where they are going to get shot at) when they have hundreds of thousands of acres to roam?

The sum total of the anecdotal experiences and the lack of solid evidence that NAWAC has gotten in 10+ years is bizarre.

post-18859-0-04840800-1427560248_thumb.j

• Upvote 1

Explorer:  one needs to think about this in the context of what is going on in research with other primates.  Of course, one rarely does.

Just this for starters:  "If the creatures are real (and supposedly smart) why keep coming back to such a small area (where they are going to get shot at) when they have hundreds of thousands of acres to roam?"

Answer:  curiosity.  At the very least.  ALL KINDS OF ANIMALS - primates especially - do this.

It is significant that "FB" never gets much of anything; their thing is to run into the woods yelling setting off bombs and throwing bait.  Sudden loud human intrusion will neatly disperse all sasquatch in a ten-mile radius, I bet.

People alone in the woods quietly minding their own business?  People in houses on the edge of habitat, with loaded garbage cans etc.?  People driving through habitat on remote roads?  They're the ones who get the encounters.

NAWAC has done what works from foxes to mountain lions to deer foxes keep going:

Let 'em come to you.  They will.

Yeah I did just notice "foxes" twice.  Substitute the "coyotes" (also mink bears eagles etc.) that I meant the second time.  :mole:

Should have added with regard to this:  "The sum total of the anecdotal experiences and the lack of solid evidence that NAWAC has gotten in 10+ years is bizarre."

Nope, not to anyone who is familiar with wildlife research. 

This is a critter, gang.  Like other critters, all the evidence says so.  For time in field, no one should expect NAWAC to be further along than they are.

Edited by DWA

Explorer,

Good points and great questions. I don't think we're the only ones puzzled by the monograph or the lack of results after all these years. 

DWA,

I appreciate how hard it must be for the participants to camp out or stay in the cabin for a week or two at a time without achieving their desired result. I look to important ongoing work mapping genetic diversity in Ebola decimated wild gorilla populations or to those studying wild mountain gorilla populations while protecting them from poachers/bandits/insurgents and I'm just glad they aren't being forced to deal with conditions similar to those found by NAWAC in OK. I have trouble imagining how anyone could provide repeatable results about wild primates under the brutal conditions NAWAC is being forced to deal with regularly on that 10 acre plot in remote OK. Seriously, who wouldn't choose AK-47 rounds fired by men when compared to facing DNA slathered rocks thrown by wood apes keeping you up at night? Folks need sleep if they are going to avoid testing the DNA slathered rocks waiting on the roof each morning and head out for a shift in the opaque and poorly named overwatch position. I can only imagine how hard it is to recruit someone to stay in a OK cabin with poor cell reception and limited internet access when cushy research jobs are available bagging possible Ebola laden gorilla scat in African jungle. 

You can stop beating the drum, it's over. Folks know the difference between science and stories dressed up as science. 

• Upvote 1

Nope, not to anyone who is familiar with wildlife research. 

This is pretty funny right here.

But super serious dwa is right go to google scholar and look up journal articles on wildlife research they are identical to the nawac monograph. I wish more scientists would include pictures of rocks in their research articles nothing says good science like pictures of rocks.

• masterbarber locked this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic