Why Hasn't There More Bigfoot Been Shot

yowiie

I have done my homework, I've sent a femur bone off to BTW's bone study that I found in the Selkirks. I would have to say your way off on your hypothesis that they ONLY kill ungulates for their organs and the vitamins contained there in. They are eating meat off the bone and leaving their teeth marks behind as evidence. They may even be cracking the bone to get to the bone marrow as in my case.

As far as everything else, if they can kill an eight man SEAL team with four thousand rounds of ammunition plus 40mm grenades and all the rest of their kit? I dont think any of us need to be working out react to contact drills or ambushes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9KmliL_u7A8

There's a significant difference between what I said, and what you claim I said, indicative of not really doing your homework.  

Your statement was, "A 200 lbs deer may last for a couple of days because of its high protein content."

If you understood that there's a lot more nutrition in the liver alone - than the rest of the body - you'd understand why there have been numerous reports of deer stacked inside a cave or even abandoned - with one commonality - all missing their livers.  I'm sure that means absolutely nothing to you, but the lipids and thus calories are in the liver.

Would the stacked deer be ignored?  Probably not, but they'd already pulled out what they wanted and what the needed.

LIver is easy to eat, easy to chew, and muscle is not.  Of course there will be those, depending on deer populations, or lack of other food - and they'll eat the whole thing.  But their real need, their real nutritional need is met in one large organ for almost instant energy, health, calories, and excess energy for storage in their own livers.  

Depending on my own hunger and time allocation, I love to chew my pork chop bones.  But that's not why I acquire them.

Norse, it does you no favor to let your personal animosity toward me cloud your postings.  Absurd postulations about super Ninjas and battles between SEALS and critters are a bit off topic as we don't have SEAL teams here on this site.

We have a number of former military here, even multi-generational military members - some who have sacrificed untold personal costs and suffering - but no SEALS.

I wanted to let members do a better job at planning, through planning and then attacking their planning.  It apparently went right over your head.

You're persistent, I'll give you that.  But due entirely to your inability to understand basic concepts when outlined - and electing to come up with some contrived arguments just for the purpose of disagreeing - I wouldn't let you plan supper.

Hopefully, others here will reconsider their plans, alter them as they may require, and use them for the purpose of success.  And I hope they have great success.  There's a universe of things I know nothing about, have no experience with, have no understanding of, and have no hope of knowing.

But I know a few things.  Just a few.  And if I can share some of those things to enhance the success of others, I'll share.  Who I am and what I am may chap your backside, and you can get over it - or not.

Using military tactics to hunt bigfoot will be a long shot since we can't employ a real seal team, USMC recons, or Army Rangers. The Air Force won't help with thermal images either. It's fantasy but interesting.

Norse's may find one while riding his horse in BF country. That is a good way to go.

Here is a story of what a bigfoot did when it was shot. Quite a few have been shot, wounded and got away imho.

RECEIVED: From the G.C.B.R.O. Web Site Submission Form

DATE: 06?/1885

TIME: Morning

Northwest of Seven Devils, NC.  Roughly 15 to 20 miles northwest of Grandfather Moin
  Roughly 15 to 20 miles northwest of Grandfather Mountain

TERRAIN: Mountainous, with deep thickly wooded hollows

OBSERVED:    My Great-Grandmother told me this story.  She was a Cherokee Indian and they lived in the mountains in western Watauga County in the late 1800's.  She was 13 years old and had gone to gather some food along a creek in the bottom of a deep hollow.  While she was there she heard some shooting up on the ridge to the north.  A few seconds later she heard someone running down the side of the ridge towards her from the direction she had heard the shots.  She was scared since at that time it still wasn't a good idea for an Indian girl to be caught out by herself by a white man, so she hid under some bushes and watched where she heard the running steps coming from.

Instead of seeing a man come down the side of the ridge, she saw a tall hairy creature about 6 1/2 to 7 feet tall, covered with light reddish brown hair.  She said that she knew it was a "nun yunu wi" (one of the Cherokee names for Bigfoot) and that it was a male.  She said the hair on its head and shoulders was a lot longer than on the rest of its body.

It went over to the edge of the creek about 60 feet from her, where there was a big pile of leaves, sticks, dirt and debris washed up from when the creek had been up out of its banks.  She said it laid down in the edge of the debris on the side next to the creek and started covering himself up with leaves and sticks and stuff.  She said he covered himself up and completely hid himself.

About that time she heard some men coming down the side of the ridge from the direction the BF and the shots had come.  She decided then that she needed to get out of there before they got there, so she got up and sneaked away back to home.

She said she couldn't see any blood on it but the bigfoot acted like it was wounded.  She said it was on two legs but hunched over a lot.  She also said that she didn't smell anything like they did other times the "nun yunu wi" were very close by.
 She said she couldn't see any blood on it but the bigfoot acted like it was wounded.  She said it was on two legs but hunched over a lot.  She also said that she didn't smell anything like they did other times the "nun yunu wi" were very close by.
ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES):  She was gathering things for food along a creek.

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE:  It was about 6 1/2 to 7 feet tall, covered with light reddish brown hair and it was a male.  The hair on its head and shoulders was a lot longer than on the rest of its body.  She said the skin on its face and hands appeared gray and that it looked a lot like a man in the face.

OTHER NOTES:  Yes, she said they planted extra food to give to the "nun yunu wi" to keep them happy.  She also said they (the Cherokees) knew what part of the forest was theirs (the bigfoot's) and didn't hunt there or go there.  After marrying my Great-Grandfather in 1890, they moved out of the area in 1892.

I have done my homework, I've sent a femur bone off to BTW's bone study that I found in the Selkirks. I would have to say your way off on your hypothesis that they ONLY kill ungulates for their organs and the vitamins contained there in. They are eating meat off the bone and leaving their teeth marks behind as evidence. They may even be cracking the bone to get to the bone marrow as in my case.

As far as everything else, if they can kill an eight man SEAL team with four thousand rounds of ammunition plus 40mm grenades and all the rest of their kit? I dont think any of us need to be working out react to contact drills or ambushes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9KmliL_u7A8

There's a significant difference between what I said, and what you claim I said, indicative of not really doing your homework.  

Your statement was, "A 200 lbs deer may last for a couple of days because of its high protein content."

If you understood that there's a lot more nutrition in the liver alone - than the rest of the body - you'd understand why there have been numerous reports of deer stacked inside a cave or even abandoned - with one commonality - all missing their livers.  I'm sure that means absolutely nothing to you, but the lipids and thus calories are in the liver.

Will one liver fill a famished bigfoot? Most of us understand the nutritional value of a deer's liver. My guess is a 800 lb hungry bigfoot would eat the liver first and the rest of the deer second along with the marrow. How many times is one bigfoot going to kill 5 deer in a day and fill up on livers?  

Seems like these jabs or put downs is a good way to get off to a bad start .............................. just my way of thinking.

Can you find a report of deer being stacked in a BF cave with their livers taken? I've never read this before.

As far as everything else, if they can kill an eight man SEAL team with four thousand rounds of ammunition plus 40mm grenades and all the rest of their kit? I dont think any of us need to be working out react to contact drills or ambushes.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9KmliL_u7A8

If you understood that there's a lot more nutrition in the liver alone - than the rest of the body - you'd understand why there have been numerous reports of deer stacked inside a cave or even abandoned - with one commonality - all missing their livers. I'm sure that means absolutely nothing to you, but the lipids and thus calories are in the liver.

Would the stacked deer be ignored? Probably not, but they'd already pulled out what they wanted and what the needed.

LIver is easy to eat, easy to chew, and muscle is not. Of course there will be those, depending on deer populations, or lack of other food - and they'll eat the whole thing. But their real need, their real nutritional need is met in one large organ for almost instant energy, health, calories, and excess energy for storage in their own livers.

Depending on my own hunger and time allocation, I love to chew my pork chop bones. But that's not why I acquire them.

Norse, it does you no favor to let your personal animosity toward me cloud your postings. Absurd postulations about super Ninjas and battles between SEALS and critters are a bit off topic as we don't have SEAL teams here on this site.

We have a number of former military here, even multi-generational military members - some who have sacrificed untold personal costs and suffering - but no SEALS.

I wanted to let members do a better job at planning, through planning and then attacking their planning. It apparently went right over your head.

You're persistent, I'll give you that. But due entirely to your inability to understand basic concepts when outlined - and electing to come up with some contrived arguments just for the purpose of disagreeing - I wouldn't let you plan supper.

Hopefully, others here will reconsider their plans, alter them as they may require, and use them for the purpose of success. And I hope they have great success. There's a universe of things I know nothing about, have no experience with, have no understanding of, and have no hope of knowing.

But I know a few things. Just a few. And if I can share some of those things to enhance the success of others, I'll share. Who I am and what I am may chap your backside, and you can get over it - or not.

Every time I take exception to anything you say? You take it personally.

I never said anything about Sasquatch NOT utilizing the liver.....I never excluded it.

And I agree wholeheartedly that planning for unseen circumstances that may happen to a person is important. I told you I thought this was a great idea. The problem of course in this subject is that we dont really know what we are planning for. The navy SEAL massacre scenario was championed by Todd Standing, and I have never hid my contempt for it. It represents a worst case scenario, and a high water marker for Sasquatch attributes.

If we think that a SEAL team would be wiped out by a group of Sasquatch? Then no civilian group really has any business messing with these things. But it makes me wonder why a species with so much power doesnt utilize said power against us. It must get pretty cold and hungry in the winter time?

Planning should encompass plausible worst case scenarios otherwise its not truly planning. Yes?

Edited by norseman

Will one liver fill a famished BF?  How am I supposed to know?

On the African Savannah, a lion/s will kill a large animal and the first thing they go for is the liver.  Do they eat the rest of it?

On the Alaskan Tundra, a wolf pack will bring down a large animal, and first thing they go for is the liver.  Do they eat the rest of it?

When a cat in your backyard kills a mouse or bird - you guessed it.  They too, go for the liver.

As far as those reports I read among thousands - I can't recall exactly where - but I'd start with the BFRO first as they have lots of narratives available, and I could be wrong, but I think MM told of unusual findings during an investigation as well.  I'd start looking there if you want the reports.

On 18 October, 2014, georgerm started a thread titled, "Bigfoot's Hiding Ability versus Military Special Forces."

A couple of posts down, Hellbilly posted, "My field partner is a career Army SF (25+ years in SF) sniper who fought in Vietnam and all over the globe.  He expressed to me in no uncertain terms "That BF makes us (SF) look like a bunch of Girl Scouts."

And I've never said anything that could be construed to disagree with that.

Guest OntarioSquatch

There's a relatively large number of reports that describe deer with their liver pulled out and the rest of the body left behind. SE Oklahoma is the first place that comes to mind.

As far as shooting a Bigfoot for science reasons and proving existence, I got to thinking about it from a practical standpoint. 

Let's say a someone shoots a big, Bigfoot; one that's maybe around 7' tall and might weigh 400-600 lbs. or maybe more. I'm going to assume science would want the body intact, (or are pieces good enough?) so unless they shoot the creature right near a road, how would they get the creature's body back to a camp, or a trailer, etc?

You can't count on finding a Bigfoot where it's convenient. What if the creature is in the middle of fairly thick woods, maybe in hilly terrain?  

Edited by OkieFoot

Considering fossil finds such as Denisovians, if you just bring back a pinkie finger you would be holding one of the great discoveries of science.

Obviously mark the body on your gps, flag it and hopefully they could go back and recover it.

Whatever you do though do not leave without proof.

There's a relatively large number of reports that describe deer with their liver pulled out and the rest of the body left behind. SE Oklahoma is the first place that comes to mind.

It (liver) is high in nutrition and highly perishable. The rest of the carcass (muscle tissue) would probably be more edible to a large omnivore (sans cooking) after it had broken down with a few days of decomposition,

It (liver) is high in nutrition and highly perishable. The rest of the carcass (muscle tissue) would probably be more edible to a large omnivore (sans cooking) after it had broken down with a few days of decomposition,

Yep.  Most of us eat beef, and we (producers) age the beef.

There's the dry aging, where the meat is kept cool and as a bit of dessication occurs, it concentrates the flavor of the beef and also allows for tissue breakdown for easier chewing.

Then there's the wet aging - put in vacuum bags after major cuts are made.

Aging makes meat easier to chew.  Worst, toughest meat I ever ate was a reindeer our scout just killed.  Like chewing rubber bands.

• Upvote 1

Considering fossil finds such as Denisovians, if you just bring back a pinkie finger you would be holding one of the great discoveries of science.

Obviously mark the body on your gps, flag it and hopefully they could go back and recover it.

Whatever you do though do not leave without proof.

That's for sure; take some type of physical evidence. And also take measurements of height, arm and leg length, shoulder width, etc. along with photos while the body is still fresh.   

There's the dry aging, where the meat is kept cool and as a bit of dessication occurs, it concentrates the flavor of the beef and also allows for tissue breakdown for easier chewing.

Aging makes meat easier to chew.  Worst, toughest meat I ever ate was a reindeer our scout just killed.  Like chewing rubber bands.

Have you seen one of these?

https://www.steaklocker.com

Its a tad expensive, but a pretty cool concept.

Have you seen one of these?

https://www.steaklocker.com

Its a tad expensive, but a pretty cool concept.

I didn't know those things even existed!  That's NICE.

Of course I'd have it full of strip loins instead - love 'em.