Penncott Greenzone camo

norseman

BFF Patron

Unless someone wearing this moves it would be very unlikely the person would be detected.  Really breaks up the human profile.  On the other side of the coin, when my research area was still active,  when I had encounters wearing camo the tone seemed less friendly.    I suppose BF may have associated camo with hunters and assume i was hunting them.  I was of course but with a camera not a gun.  Hard to know how to deal with the issue.      Perhaps initial forays into new areas are best done wearing camo.    Hoping that BF blunders into you.  Once you have contact and survive it, or it seems to go well, maybe you should dress the same from then on so as to be recognizable and hope to develop some level of trust.  We just don't know enough to know this stuff.  

This would be great for places like western Washington where I've been hanging off and on for the last month or so. The photo above is an airsoft team in the Czech Republic. They have patterns such as Badlands, etc., to blend with specific zones. The issue with that is if it's necessary to transition between zones in a  single outing. In my part of Montana, simply rounding from the north to the south side of a mountain can take you from fairly thick conifer forest to thin tree coverage and mostly open scrub and sage brush. I can make the transition twice within 200 yards of my front door, going in a fairly straight line. For terrain that variable, something like Multi-cam will provide better overall concealment, at least until we have truly reactive camo.

4 hours ago, Airdale said:

This would be great for places like western Washington where I've been hanging off and on for the last month or so. The photo above is an airsoft team in the Czech Republic. They have patterns such as Badlands, etc., to blend with specific zones. The issue with that is if it's necessary to transition between zones in a  single outing. In my part of Montana, simply rounding from the north to the south side of a mountain can take you from fairly thick conifer forest to thin tree coverage and mostly open scrub and sage brush. I can make the transition twice within 200 yards of my front door, going in a fairly straight line. For terrain that variable, something like Multi-cam will provide better overall concealment, at least until we have truly reactive camo.

Im the same. The grass that has been grazed is green now. But yellow grass in ungrazed areas remains and all grass will be yellow by summer.

I think the badlands would be fine for everything but certain locales in spring in the intermountain west. If you go prone your gone. Just cant back drop yourself against evergreens.

But where Bigfoot supposed mostly hangs out in the dark timber of the Rockies and all of the Cascades, that Greenzone would work great.

ATACS IX is supposed to be more transitional like your talking.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/11/25/new-a-tacs-ix-camo-gear-from-ur-tactical-now-available/

Looks like digital tiger stripe to me.

7 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Unless someone wearing this moves it would be very unlikely the person would be detected.  Really breaks up the human profile.  On the other side of the coin, when my research area was still active,  when I had encounters wearing camo the tone seemed less friendly.    I suppose BF may have associated camo with hunters and assume i was hunting them.  I was of course but with a camera not a gun.  Hard to know how to deal with the issue.      Perhaps initial forays into new areas are best done wearing camo.    Hoping that BF blunders into you.  Once you have contact and survive it, or it seems to go well, maybe you should dress the same from then on so as to be recognizable and hope to develop some level of trust.  We just don't know enough to know this stuff.  

If contact is made, only one of us will survive it. Because Im gonna let him have it with 430 grains of hard cast.

44 mag is on the left. 45-70 is on right.

E2403F55-1E86-4655-B88A-91ED59B15C07.jpeg

Pencott badlands

E05CD019-EC18-4E06-9104-BE0EC65C004E.jpeg

Those camo outfits are pretty impressive. Obviously, camo, like fly fishing, requires you to match the hatch. Colors and terrain.

I use ASAT's Pro Vanish 3D which seems to work pretty well. I've always been convinced that lying in wait, camouflaged, for a sasquatch to come through is a good approach. I think that's why hunters in tree stands seem to have sightings. They're almost always in camo, are silent, and wait for their prey to come to them.

https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upfiles/86928/CA28EDF44EEE46AFA53155433D2C6E48.JPG

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/pics/00small10327694.JPG

The 45-70 is a perfect brush gun. I still haven't gotten a 45-70 although I hunger for one. I almost bought a Marlin GBL last year but held off. Now, I'm not sure I would buy a Marlin given the state that Remington Arms is in.

If money were no object, I'd get a breakdown 45-70 from WWG which would allow me to easily carry it when backpacking.

https://www.wildwestguns.com/custom-guns/ak-co-pilot/

I'll have to wait until my wallet is off life support and breathing normally.

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron
55 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

Those camo outfits are pretty impressive. Obviously, camo, like fly fishing, requires you to match the hatch. Colors and terrain.

I use ASAT's Pro Vanish 3D which seems to work pretty well. I've always been convinced that lying in wait, camouflaged, for a sasquatch to come through is a good approach. I think that's why hunters in tree stands seem to have sightings. They're almost always in camo, are silent, and wait for their prey to come to them.

https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upfiles/86928/CA28EDF44EEE46AFA53155433D2C6E48.JPG

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/pics/00small10327694.JPG

The 45-70 is a perfect brush gun. I still haven't gotten a 45-70 although I hunger for one. I almost bought a Marlin GBL last year but held off. Now, I'm not sure I would buy a Marlin given the state that Remington Arms is in.

If money were no object, I'd get a breakdown 45-70 from WWG which would allow me to easily carry it when backpacking.

https://www.wildwestguns.com/custom-guns/ak-co-pilot/

I'll have to wait until my wallet is off life support and breathing normally.

Lying in wait at night worked for Leigh Culver some years ago on a BFRO night outing in West Virginia--didn't need the camouflage.  Apparently, he purposely cut off from the group and lied in waiting in a hidey hole thinking the Sasquatch were accounting for them and paralleling them.    He had a squatch nearly trip over him apparently.  Interesting read, wished I could remember the exact outing. Same thing apparently happened to Bob Titmus. 

The classic German Flecktarn is actually quite effective in darker areas and twilight. Back in  about '05, my son got  me into airsoft skirmishing with some of his buddies. I had a nineties vintage Flecktarn tanker coverall I wore the first evening. We were on some farm acerage in the Helena Valley and I went prone between a small  tractor and garden trailer as a rear guard for my team. It was about 2100 on a June evening and still fairly light. My son circled back to collect me once the team was positioned, but not knowing exactly where I was, he came up behind and literally stepped on my back. Not sure which of us was more surprised, but his 19 year old reflexes kept him upright and my back actually felt better than before!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Airdale said:

The classic German Flecktarn is actually quite effective in darker areas and twilight. Back in  about '05, my son got  me into airsoft skirmishing with some of his buddies. I had a nineties vintage Flecktarn tanker coverall I wore the first evening. We were on some farm acerage in the Helena Valley and I went prone between a small  tractor and garden trailer as a rear guard for my team. It was about 2100 on a June evening and still fairly light. My son circled back to collect me once the team was positioned, but not knowing exactly where I was, he came up behind and literally stepped on my back. Not sure which of us was more surprised, but his 19 year old reflexes kept him upright and my back actually felt better than before!

LOL!

• gigantor unlocked this topic