Game Camera captured BF in Florida?

Explorer

36 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

But under threat from what ?......

In short, habitat loss. It appears from report densities that sasquatches need:

* Areas with extremely low human densities, likely because they recognize us as their greatest potential enemy

* Area with high rainfall, which is a necessary component for.........

* Densely forested area, which provides cover, and is almost universal with great apes

Rather than "need", sasquatches also appear to prefer:

* Mountainous terrain

As a low density, slowly reproducing omnivore, young maturing sasquatches would likely be required to relocate long distances to find suitable mates and territory for a new family. Thus, having good migration routes that are devoid of as many people as possible are needed. Such migrations could range up to 300 miles or more, which has been shown to be not uncommon for North American predators with similar behavioral patterns like grizzly bears and wolves. I think this would be difficult on a peninsula like Florida, and if such migrations occur, my bet is that they are now outward, not inward.

• Upvote 1

Black bear densities in Oregon compared to sasquatch reports in Oregon.

Note the high sasquatch report density in the Portland area. There you have extremely good habitat combined with lots of people, thus likely fairly high sasquatch densities (both "resident" as well as animals moving through) and a very high number of people to see them.

CD3AF6D7-D7D1-4FAA-8D55-E8C324FA1F81.jpeg

664627C1-965B-405C-B702-312564CB770B.jpeg

Edited by Huntster

So your thoughts are that these creatures could be moving further north in less populated areas? where there are more mountainous areas and more dense forest? If you are right could this be proven by predicting when and where they might be migrating? To do this would be  to set up spotters on known predators behavioral patterns and see if they follow trek. I would just assume.We might not have the time of year but I am sure it could be researched in time.

2 hours ago, JustCurious said:

I think it's easy to fall into the trap of thinking that individual sighting reports = individual Bigfoot/Sasquatch.  That isn't necessarily true.  Years ago, I was looking at BFRO reports and noticed that within about a months time there were 3 reported sightings in 3 different states that all converged to a small geographic area.  I think those 3 reports represented one Sasquatch on the move. 

For that reason, I think it's a good idea to look at chronology of the sighting reports too.  50 reports could mean just 5 or 10 Sasquatch.  So both could be correct, there are a lot of sightings around green spaces, but very few Sasquatch. 

Agree

Example , some folks think in CT we have thousands and thousands of black bears because from 2018 to 2019 there were over 8000 reported sighting to the dept of wild life.

It's just the same bears being spotted  over and over again .We might have somewhere around 700 to 800 bears here.

Huntster

Can you make a some thing like that for me in My state of Michigan. So that I can start to trek them closely and start be there before they arrive. It sure does seem they follow the Black bears and there has to be a reason why and in what season. 

They seem to be up in the northern part of Oregon a lot for some reason and there has to be a reason to it and it must have to do with the season.

Edited by ShadowBorn

4 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

So your thoughts are that these creatures could be moving further north in less populated areas?.........

Or dying out due to habitat loss and difficulty in range expansion..........or both dying out and leaving.

Here is a map of black bear density in Florida. See those higher density "dots" in the southern areas of the state? What do you want to bet that:

1) Black bear numbers continue to slowly decline in Florida just as they have for the past 500 years (but mostly in the past century), and

2) Those "dots" in the southern portion of the state disappear first?

EF1E57B2-378A-4543-8F4E-67853769D5FA.png

That would depend on the density of black bears in the adjoining states north of Florida? If the black bears are moving north then I would say that these creature are doing well and are surviving and are migrating north and booking north and have been for the past few years. I am not just saying that they are going straight north but east as well as west and north west. What you say is right that they need space to survive then that is what they are looking for. How can a species this size the size of a Kodiak bear survive on land populated by humans that are taking over half of the land that they need to survive and breed.

12 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

..........Can you make a some thing like that for me in My state of Michigan.........

87A503CE-FE27-4BB1-9D27-D6CA768C6902.jpeg

1003BE27-0DC9-4646-84CA-77785DB1E72F.gif

Huntster

There is a pattern that is popping out at me between the two. Can you see this pattern when you look at Oregon and Michigan Black bear and Bigfoot density.  Both are in a northern part of the state. If you were to do one for Florida You would have the same pattern I am betting.The northern part of Michigan is nothing but woods and not that much population. Not just that it is cooler as far as weather goes. I think we should be asking is what do Black bears like the most that make these areas of high density of black bears. If we get those answers we will have a more predictable way of encountering these creatures and getting better high def video of them. Believe me I would much rather get great video then to have to shoot one of these fellows. Black bears are the key and you just hit it on point. High density black areas are where the Bigfoots are. Now we just have to prove this by going into these areas and get the proof that is needed. Thanks, I just need one thing and that is a legend to what the red and yellow , blue dots means on the bigfoot map. 

What makes it so different in Florida that they would be so centered in Florida. Could this be that the creatures that are roaming in Florida are a total different species and that they do not follow the black bear population. If this is true then this species would be true in other areas where there are large numbers of hogs.  We would then be able to trek this species by following the population of wild hogs as long as the forest service is keeping trek of their population. It is a pattern that seems to keep coming up over and over and as hunters one should pick up on this. 

If we pick up on this pattern then we should be able to be where they are at the right time and be able to see one or even a few. Just need to start looking through more states to see if this pattern follows over and over. If it does then we have their behavior patterned out. We then will be able to hunt them. At this point it is all theory but what you have posted it sure looks like it is checking out. More boots on the ground the ground needed and I am sure that this has been thought out before. 

12 hours ago, 7.62 said:

It's just the same bears being spotted  over and over again .We might have somewhere around 700 to 800 bears here.

What I have read about black bears is that the female black bear range is around 2.5 - 10 square miles and usually do not share with other females.  Males are different and their range is much larger with a home range of 10 - 59 square miles that may over lap. My info came from this website : http://westernwildlife.org/black-bear-outreach-project/biology-behavior-3/

2 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

Could this be that the creatures that are roaming in Florida are a total different species and that they do not follow the black bear population.

Um ... they do not FOLLOW the bear population anywhere.   That is a mistaken evaluation of the data.   The overlap in concentrations of reports occurs because they use the same food sources.   

MIB

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

What I have read about black bears is that the female black bear range is around 2.5 - 10 square miles and usually do not share with other females.  Males are different and their range is much larger with a home range of 10 - 59 square miles that may over lap. My info came from this website : http://westernwildlife.org/black-bear-outreach-project/biology-behavior-3/

Another thing to remember is that young boars, when they leave Mama, might range long and far to find suitable range that has food and mating females in it. Such range will likely have other boars that will want to defend it. This is the factor that might cause a bear to "migrate" hundreds of miles. He's essentially looking for a home, and he might be driven out of multiple large areas by older, larger, more mature boars. Young sows? Not so much. They don't need to range out as far. Larger boars welcome them. 

This pattern is also common with grizzly bears. We can expect the same with sasquatches, unless they range out more like wolves which are more social/packing/familial than bears, but which still follow the same overall pattern. Younger male wolves driven from a pack can migrate hundreds of miles looking for a new home.

I am not trying to say that they follow the black bears but that there is a pattern emerging that needs to be looked at.That's why in Florida they are not concentrated in the upper part of Florida where the Black bear density is higher.That's Why these creatures are more concentrated in middle of Florida. If you look at the two States above which are Oregon and Michigan these creatures seem to be concentrated where there is a high density of Black bears. If black bears are concentrated in these areas then yes it is for their diet and this depends on the season that they converge in these areas.  This also depends on how Huntster has charted his maps. If they coincide with the seasons of Black bears then yes I would say that they do pattern after the black bears or most other bears in the northern part of the States.

As for the creatures in Florida they either pattern them selves with the hogs and if they do then I would say that the ones in Florida main diet would be hogs. As for the northern creatures main diet would be berries and some meat just like bears. The thing is to find States that have a large  concentration of these creatures where there are a large number of wild hogs. This would either say that these creatures migrate south for protein  or that there are two different types of creatures with in the USA. Not just that we can then know where to focus on these creatures and concentrate our resources on observation. 

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic