Relict Hominiod Theory - Russian Researchers

Arvedis

33 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Agreed. But maybe that is why we are all here?

10 hours ago, hiflier said:

Does that mean that my frustrations aren't valid?

I don’t get to decide what are or are not reasons for you to be frustrated.  

I can tell you the lack of info out of the nesting site does not frustrate me.   

I can also also give my opinion, that I feel you get frustrated with most things BF related because, again, my opinion, things do not go the way you want them to. 

1 hour ago, Twist said:

I can also also give my opinion, that I feel you get frustrated with most things BF related because, again, my opinion, things do not go the way you want them to

Of course they don't, or I'd have nothing to say. But I have a brain and I at least give reasons behind my questions. Deductive reasoning says dots are not properly connected and obvious conclusions are not arrived at. I take the time to lay out my arguments which is the proper thing to do. It's tough being me when folks would rather comment on me that on the points I bring up. I find it a ridiculous waste of time because nothing anyone says will change how I approach this subject.

So are you admitting there is a lack of info regarding the nesting site? What makes you think so? Surely not because of anything I have said right? I mean you have your own mind and I would like to hear what your take is on things.....and this time....leave me out of it OKAY? You be surprised at how that will help you stay focused on the subject at hand.

I think it’s possible based on the results that they have hit an impasse.  They may be trying to work around said impasse for all I know or they have thrown up their hands and quit.  IDK.   It’s their work not mine so I’ll just set that situation aside and wait for either more information to develop or move on if none comes.

You made the comment that they want YOU frustrated so that YOU stop looking, Not I.  

1 hour ago, Twist said:

You made the comment that they want YOU frustrated so that YOU stop looking, Not I.  

True. Could of said "we" but I don't speak for everyone and to say "we're frustrated wouldn't be either correct or proper. Doesn't mean I'm the only one,  maybe I am but I sure hope not.

1 hour ago, Twist said:

I think it’s possible based on the results that they have hit an impasse.  They may be trying to work around said impasse for all I know or they have thrown up their hands and quit.  IDK.   It’s their work not mine so I’ll just set that situation aside and wait for either more information to develop or move on if none comes.

It takes at least a year and half to two years for any paper to be peer reviewed. In any case I don't think the "quiet" in an impasse as much as playing things close to their chests for the sake of coming out with a paper and a documentary. Sorta leaves the community in the cold though. Whatever the reason, the details given to date need to present a consistent picture and they don't and that's the point. I thought it bore mentioning that the inconsistencies do lot allow for a nice neat conclusion of either bear OR Human. But since any talk of that is non-existent either from the Olympic Project, Dr. Meldrum, or Dr, Disotell I truly think a discussion SHOULD BE at least forthcoming. I mean it's easy to say yeah, we have bear DNA and Human DNA. But that is in no way a stated conclusion. No more so than stating that there was raccoon DNA. It is a statement only. None of the parties have announced a definitive conclusion. It would be good if they could break the silence and at least say they cannot conclude anything at this time? I see staying in touch as a common courtesy. They WON'T say it's Sasquatch of course which is the kind of objectivity that is proper and scientifically expected.  

Edited by hiflier

This is probably buried on this forum somewhere but I'll repost it. Not sure the original source, found it on another forum.

From 2011. Those nutty Russians!

"Dr. Jeff Meldrum, professor of anatomy and anthropologist at Idaho State University, has spoken out about his recent excursion to Siberia to examine the existence of the Russian Yeti. Dr. Meldrum was a featured speaker at the Pennsylvania Bigfoot Conference in Youngwood, PA on Sunday, October 23. His conclusion: the yeti evidence was poor and he and other researchers were brought to Russia to add credibility to the local claim that yetis live in the area.

His presentation, entitled “The Russian Connection”, was not the listed topic on the schedule. He noted that he changed his topic upon advice from the conference organizers after the media storm that ensued regarding the announcement that “scientists were 95% convinced” that the Russian Yeti exists. Along with American scientist John Bindernagel, and researcher Ron Morehead, Meldrum was part of the team invited to Kemerovo region of Siberia to discuss the formation of a scientific commission to study the yeti. Led to believe there was significant scientific interest by the academic institutions in the area, Meldrum expressed his dismay when the press coverage was greater than the public and academic interactions."

Edited by Arvedis
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

Dr. Meldrum expressed that he felt the conference was “orchestrated” with “publicity stunts” to promote tourism for the region

Hi, Arvedis, thanks. Point noted.

Well, what this brief indulgence on the Russian side of things is revealing is that their research has not amounted to much. Yet, Meldrum is compelled to participate in it. What I find notable in his critique of the Russians is that his research is still linked to a Relict Homonid theory, which started a few decades ago by Russian BF theorists/scientists.

Where are those darn Russian trail cams to get their research moving in the right direction?

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

During the trip, as a joke, Meldrum dropped a chocolate almond snack on the ground, pretending it was scat. Bindernagle, in on the joke, took a taste just to “be sure” of what it was. Ironically, Igor Burtsev knew it was a American food product and didn’t fall for the joke.

Better tactic is to drop a 'Baby Ruth' candy bar A La Caddyshack.  The 'floater' in the swimming pool looked convincing. I researched this and determined that 'Baby Ruth' candy bars do not float. Special effects people created a stunt double 'Baby Ruth' that floated.

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2019 at 8:57 AM, Arvedis said:

..........In addition, Meldrum was put off by a Michigan woman, Robin Lynn Pfeifer, who claims that a family of Bigfoot was living on her 10 acre farm. He described how she, as a guest invited by Burtsev who believes her story, intruded into the scientific discussion. Meldrum admitted to confronting her over her lack of evidence for her outrageous story (which included her noting the creatures’ favorite food was blueberry bagels). Morehead was blunt, telling her that her kids were obviously playing a trick on her. Yet, disturbingly, Burtsev takes her account as typical in the U.S. and believes this kind of habituation was commonplace all over Russia as well...........

I have a couple questions:

1) Is Mr. Morehead a scientist? Was he part of the "scientific discussion"?

2) Did Mr. Morehead ever bring Dr. Meldrum to his own habituation site in tbe Sierras? If not, why not?

33 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I have a couple questions:

1) Is Mr. Morehead a scientist? Was he part of the "scientific discussion"?

2) Did Mr. Morehead ever bring Dr. Meldrum to his own habituation site in tbe Sierras? If not, why not?

Morehead is not a scientist. Not sure what he does for a living but he has gone bat guano crazy with his theories. Incomprehensible rambling.

Sounds like this Russia trip was some tourist event. Probably would have been useful for Meldrum to have sniffed that out beforehand. Long trip for no gain.

1 minute ago, Arvedis said:

Morehead is not a scientist. Not sure what he does for a living but he has gone bat guano crazy with his theories. Incomprehensible rambling...........Probably would have been useful for Meldrum to have sniffed that out beforehand...........

Indeed. Perhaps the trip was Meldrum's first chance to meet Morehead, and he wanted to ask him why he had never been invited to the camp? 

I remember reading Meldrum express his suspicions when he met Paul Freeman for the first time on a whim of his own, and then have Freeman ask him if he wanted to see some fresh tracks that he had found that very morning. But he found the tracks very convincing. I would have thought that Meldrum would have offered Freeman the moon if he would guide the kind professor to a sasquatch. 

• Arvedis changed the title to Relict Hominiod Theory - Russian Researchers