Possible Bigfoot encounter?

Rockape

I was just looking over that Chalk Creek Pass/Hancock Lakes area on Google Earth; it's very high altitude, 11k to 12k plus altitude with patchy forest cover around the lower slopes. All three of the primary occurrences, the quiet, the unusual reaction of his dog and the rock bombardment are commonly reported in encounters, often all of them together. Maximum bowling ball weight is 16# and is 105 cubic inches in volume. Typical granite, likely the most common stone in that kind of area, is 168# per cubic foot which works out to roughly 10.5# for bowling ball size chunk. Lobbing that much weight from concealment at a man with sufficient accuracy to avoid hitting him sounds like quite a feat for a human. Add in the speed of movement in rugged country and it seems likely the culprit was a Sasquatch. I don't recall the location of the encounter Sal had, other than it was a high mountain pass in Colorado.

I was southwest a long ways from there. But I've been in that area- its near Mt Princeton.

Last I checked, bear, moose, etc. can't throw rocks the size of bowling balls.  He says there were 4-5 thrown through the trees, so it doesn't sound like they were dislodged and just rolled.  From his description, if he didn't see humans running off when he got to the top of the ridge, then there isn't really another explanation is there?

I like these because this person isn't invested in bigfoot or any cryptid, paranormal stuff, etc. Just a guy relating something that happened to him.

On 12/3/2019 at 10:28 PM, Rockape said:

I like these because this person isn't invested in bigfoot or any cryptid, paranormal stuff, etc. Just a guy relating something that happened to him.

Exactly.  He doesn't default to offering paranormal explanation because that is not where his mind automatically goes when something strange happens.  

I see this with people all the time.  They will openly state that they do not believe in Bigfoot or other strange phenomena, however after they talk for a few minutes they will all of a sudden begin offering up strange phenomena that they have witnessed.  My partner's uncle did this recently.  He said that he didn't believe in "all that stuff", but when asked if he had ever witnessed anything strange begins to launch into a personal account if repeatedly seeing glowing red eyes at night in one of his hunting areas.  

If you flat out asked the guy in the video, it would be interesting to see what he privately ssid that he believed now after that incident.

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

If you flat out asked the guy in the video, it would be interesting to see what he privately ssid that he believed now after that incident.

Here's a follow up video he did. He talks about another incident and has been looking into the bigfoot phenomenon since his first video about it.

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I see this with people all the time.  They will openly state that they do not believe in Bigfoot or other strange phenomena, however after they talk for a few minutes they will all of a sudden begin offering up strange phenomena that they have witnessed.  My partner's uncle did this recently.  He said that he didn't believe in "all that stuff", but when asked if he had ever witnessed anything strange begins to launch into a personal account if repeatedly seeing glowing red eyes at night in one of his hunting areas.  

Yeah, most people who hunt, live in rural areas or just spend a lot of time outdoors have a story or two they can tell. They don't know how to explain what happened.

I fully understand because I was the same way. When I was about 16-17 years old I was out hunting, alone, sitting under a tree holding a 20 gauge shotgun waiting on rain to let up so I could proceed and was convinced someone was throwing rocks at me. They were just small stones. I kept hearing stuff hit the leaves around me and thought those must be some big rain drops, then I saw the rock bounce off my boot.

That got my dander up because I thought someone was doing it. The woods were pretty clear where I was, no underbrush much or place for someone to hide. I jumped up and started walking around looking for someone, even saying "You hit me with one of those rocks again I'm going to start firing your way".

I never saw anyone or figured out where someone could have been where I couldn't have seen them. I just chalked it up to maybe a bird dropped it or something. I had no idea at the time and didn't learn until years later about rock throwing by BF's. It was such a weird thing I always remembered it, still remember it clearly.

Edited by Rockape
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

but when asked if he had ever witnessed anything strange begins to launch into a personal account if repeatedly seeing glowing red eyes at night in one of his hunting areas.  

My go-to response would be bears whose eyes have been known to reflect red as well as other colors between yellow to orange depending on the light source. In any case it's pretty creepy looking. Saw a family of raccoons in a tree once while camping- Four sets of small yellow eyes about 20 feet up. That's what can be confusing because BF reports contain just about every color including blue and green. And of course, RED. There's also yellow, orange, amber, white and.......and......and

Edited by hiflier