So went against your advice and bought the travel channel bigfoot series

I binge watched the 6 that were available . I have to admit I kind of liked it.

I really like the doctor in the series and the survival guy. The other guy from Mass I could take him or leave him. He just fills up space.

The Only thing I will say is if people ask you to retell about your bigfoot encounter crying doesn't make me believe your story more,.

STOP IT  OKAY stop crying on camera and tell us what happened 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, CaveMan said:

Don’t listen to the advice of anyone here. They only exist to complain. It’s a good show. 

I wouldn't say that  , we have some good folks here but I'm glad I bought it.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, CaveMan said:

Don’t listen to the advice of anyone here. They only exist to complain. It’s a good show. 

One thing I noticed that I didn't see was a firearm being carried . They are in bear country.

Maybe they have a couple of  hunting guides there carrying but never show them on camera .

41 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

One thing I noticed that I didn't see was a firearm being carried . They are in bear country.

Maybe they have a couple of  hunting guides there carrying but never show them on camera .

It's like that on a bunch of those crypto shows...

I remember someone asked Josh Gates if anyone on his crew was armed.  He said something along the lines of that, with the exception of an armed guard in an area with guerillas once, they never carried guns.  He said that if they ever really came across one of the monsters that they went hunting he hoped that the cameras survived with enough footage to show what happened to them.  

I always figure that people who go out unarmed are not really expecting to find anything in the first place.

3 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

It's like that on a bunch of those crypto shows...

I remember someone asked Josh Gates if anyone on his crew was armed.  He said something along the lines of that, with the exception of an armed guard in an area with guerillas once, they never carried guns.  He said that if they ever really came across one of the monsters that they went hunting he hoped that the cameras survived with enough footage to show what happened to them.  

I always figure that people who go out unarmed are not really expecting to find anything in the first place.

The survival guy 

I think he said he was ex Army maybe is packing but the show told him he has to keep it out of sight during filming.  But yeah that mindset is something i can't understand. 

13 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

The survival guy 

I think he said he was ex Army maybe is packing but the show told him he has to keep it out of sight during filming.  But yeah that mindset is something i can't understand. 

I am sure that the production company and their insurance provider probably look down on loaded firearms from a liability standpoint...but, concealed means concealed.  Maybe he is armed and kept it quiet.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

I can’t remember if it was Russ Acord or Ronny, but one of them has said that they each had one cameraman, and that’s it as far as a “crew” went. Unlike FB, there wasn’t a sound and production crew around them. 

5 minutes ago, gotafeeling said:

I can’t remember if it was Russ Acord or Ronny, but one of them has said that they each had one cameraman, and that’s it as far as a “crew” went. Unlike FB, there wasn’t a sound and production crew around them. 

So for the most part they are out there alone. 

3 hours ago, CaveMan said:

Caveman must not have discovered a mirror yet. Go peer down in a lake Caveman.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, norseman said:

Caveman must not have discovered a mirror yet. Go peer down in a lake Caveman.

No kidding. The hypocrisy is stunning...

• Upvote 1

I enjoy the show very much. However, it reminds me of a cross between a real expedition and Mountain Monsters. 

Exactly as it should be on TV. 

I can't help myself, I like it too. I know it is reality TV, and I realize that TV shows (regardless of the type) have producers, but I like it.