Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

I think I have assumed that the sample from the Sierra Kills was one of the samples chosen for sequencing. I can't recall why I got that impression. Derek, can you say if that is true?

If it was one of the samples chosen for sequencing, then the details of how it came to be up on the mountain are unimportant, other than tying it back to Justin's bloody boot IMO.

While the Subject Matter here is certainly volatile personal questions ect...can and should be taken to pm's. Thank You. Grayjay

General Guidelines:

1. BFF has one rule above all else - Behave like adults!

What do we mean by this? Imagine the forum is run by a bunch of people who have invited you over for dinner - we expect sensible, well thought out conversation. If you start getting personal with other diners, you are likely to be ejected. This not your house after all, you don't have a right to sit at someone else's table and disrupt things.

@Derekfoot

Right on,

There is 79 pages on this topic plus yours and justin's interviews, just about every nook and cranny of this story is covered. You and Justin do not owe anyone anything, you guys gave your info out to be forthright and sharing, if people don't like it, there going to have to get over it. Just from the info shared, Justin's

story never has a deviation in it, most BSer's and hoaxers usually hang them self within a couple months, it's going on two years and still, he is sticking to his guns.

I hope everything is finalized soon, you guys definitely need a break from the interrogations regarding this. Again, I thank you and Justin for being so cooperative the whole time.

Edited by zigoapex

I agree with John and zigo....not sure how much more people can expect, nor why they still continue to hammer on this topic. Believe it or don't. Don't? Sceptical? Only time will tell for sure, so it seems like you will have to wait and see.

Well georgerm, if you've read my thread relating to ramifications of proving their existence or my blog, you'd know that I haven't pursued 'proving' their existence for quite a long time. On the other hand I've been blessed with more than my share of encounters. I prefer the encounters I've had over not being trusted by them. I'm not alone in this realization either as others here at BFF feel the same. But when there is alleged evidence where there are holes and even a few contradictions, I choose to question the validity where I see those issues. Whether there was actually a thread at Tax.net remains one issue I continue to question, and I don't mean a few posts that came later after the existence of the thread was questioned. In Smeja's interview he says it was some 20 pages, but in the beginning it was supposed to be 60 or so. How things change...

Its unfortunate though when people stop being critical of their own evidence because they 'want' so much to believe. Once again, good old Groupthink takes its hold.

Derek, it was something like 8 months after the alleged shooting before you actually met the shooter right? Was it that long before you actually 'held it, smelled it, and examined the sample'? Was the sample also 'salted' as taxidermists normally do to preserve skins? If so, that would have changed its texture quite a bit if also in the freezer for that long.

And yes, there are many reports I believe, but there are some that stand out very much as more then what they are said to be. Could it be true? Sure, it is possible and if true, well my questioning things shouldn't be such a concern. And when I hear that a hunter shoots something that he just himself and his partner thought could be a person in a suit waving at him in a surrender fashion, well something just isn't right! Not a conduct I choose to emulate either or hold up as being a model of what hunting is, and so it should be questioned. There are many aspects in the interview that raise more questions and doubt.

Incorrigible, while you take things out of context in your quote, you are very welcome to ignore me if you wish. :)

Prag, you're welcome to question and doubt all you want. At this point I don't give a rats fuzzy behind if you believe me, or this story. I think I've made myself perfectly clear with everything I can talk about. I have tried to talk reasonably with you in the past several times, but you don't listen. You see things your way and re-frame the questions and ask them again, hoping for a different response. I don't believe you're open to any other explanation except the one that's already engraved in your head.

Did anyone in my camp say that this was a model for what hunting should be? Where in Gods name did you come up with that? I've stated from the beginning that this event should have never happened, and it's an awful situation. I don't advocate or condone killing, harming or harassing these creatures to further science, we are simply trying to learn from something that can't be undone.

I've answered just about everybody's questions on this forum to the best of my ability. Maybe ask yourself why I don't want to TRY and answer yours anymore. I can assure you it's not because they're getting to me, or making me want to revile all the little dirty secrets you think exist...lol, it's because of the way you insinuate things and your rude, I know more than you do tone.

I'll be at the Proof of evidence seminar in Utah on Feb 25th, and I'll be at the Primal people seminar on May 6th in Richland WA. If you really want to talk to me show up at one of those events and we'll do it face to face. I'll buy you a beer and we'll talk as long as you like. I guarantee you'll leave with a different perspective me and my research, and maybe even this event. We're not getting anywhere typing back an forth.

Have a good day,

DR

+1 Derekfoot, you are a more patient man than I. (and I teach 5th graders!)

I don't know how many times you can respond to questions and comments like "Derek, you and the people you work with are liars. I won't change my mind, but if you don't try to make me then it confirms my suspicions", and "Derek, I have a moral problem with something that happened 2 years ago, and none of us should get past that in the interest of science. Why have you?", and "Derek, you suck. Your thoughts?" before you throw your hands up and say "screw this!"

To me it's more appropriate to THANK YOU for your efforts, rather than to berate you. That's just me though. Most of us understand that none of this was ever meant to get out, and you have handled it pretty much as well as you could have in the wake of these unbelievable leaks. As a BF enthusiast I am thrilled with the leaks, but I understand how much of a headache they must have been for you. So thanks!

BFF Patron

.....Either way, waiting around for this is getting maddening.

Yes, thanks Derek. I also think it is time to remember some of the history here.

It is now mid-February...... we are seven months along since the inception of this thread.....

The thread was started by slabdog and has had many respondents who have been quite respectful of

both Derek and General and other players such as Silver Fox, Stubstad and others........ just touching

base here.

I appreciate General, Derek, the driver, and others that have given this thread a solid foundation of what took place. I hope a book will be forthcoming and will truthfully fill in the gaps.