Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Excellent point, but I now do believe that this event actually did occur.. :(

However, All of us have hopefully learned from this and the hunters will think before shooting something that they are not exactly sure of what they are shooting, even if it is a monster that is not threatening them.

It's pretty easy for me to imagine what could go through a hunters head in the blink of an eye in an encounter with a real bigfoot, particularly one who is hunting bear. A person expecting to see a bear, "would", at first, especially if it is massive and hairy. If the thing then went bipedal and made an advance in your direction that would put you in fight or flight mode pretty quick. Not having a frame of reference for bigfoot, it probably would strike you as a monster and bang, end of story.

It has reportedly happened before, scroll down and read Charley Victor's story.

http://www.bigfooten...icles/burns.htm

People won't learn until science tells them to.

Edited by southernyahoo

southernyahoo- I din't mean to debate to much more I know everyone sees it differantly and I sure wasn't there. However the shooter stated that the subject was what 100 yards away and took 10 steps towards him? thats not a charge. he could of would of should of until blue turns to green in hindsite. My point was that better judgement could have been exercised. this is why and how regulations (not always) are inacted and enforsed; so that saftey and the well being of game in the field is protected. If your going to use a gun then make sure you are acting safely for all parties involved. ptangier

I've got a question for DR, or the General. If this truly happened, did the General go get any bloodwork done after he handled the juvenile to make sure he didn't contract any sickness, bacteria, or disease that could possibly be transported to him via the juvenile, or the flesh sample? Seems to me like the Dept. Of Health, or the Gov would be all over that if the whole event actually took place.

I've got a question for DR, or the General. If this truly happened, did the General go get any bloodwork done after he handled the juvenile to make sure he didn't contract any sickness, bacteria, or disease that could possibly be transported to him via the juvenile, or the flesh sample? Seems to me like the Dept. Of Health, or the Gov would be all over that if the whole event actually took place.

You know I didn't ask because I figured he would have died by now from of hemorrhagic fever or something equally awful. Of course it could be something long and lingering.....just j/k

I can't believe I didn't think to suggest it as much as I harp on it all the time.

BFF Patron

Good question, what color blood did they have? Blue like a horseshoe crab's?

Guest PaulGT3

One thing I dont understand? Why all the NDA's???? Seems like a lame excuse not to show some real scientific info. I have been a Naval Scientist for 30 years and I have never

seen scientists or researchers so eager to cover themselves with legal prit prat. Sure some of us have applied and received patents but we got small rewards like little letters in a plaque.

I believe there are going to be one or two people who will cash in but that will be it. We are all sitting around waiting for a DNA report to be issued in the fall or the first of the year, or the beginning

of next year. I cant believe we have 30-50 people all sitting on real evidence that are all covered by a NDA. Are we scientists? or are we all PT Barnums? I am disappointed. I understand keeping things

under a lid for classified issues and National security but this is ridiculous. IF this is REAL then SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMEHOW have real evidence that isnt covered by an NDA OR we are all getting ready

to fall for another Rubber suit. I dont want to sound like a jerk, but I know I do. HOWEVER as a scientist I cant tell you how disappointed I am in my fellow brethren in lab coats. I did a two year study for

our special forces and since it didnt concern National security I submitted a paper and delivered it before I had even drawn a conclusion on my success

I apologize for sounding like a jerk and being so curt but I dont know any other way to say it. I have never seen anyone so driven on profit or money in any other field in my

limited access to other fields but this is getting ridiculous. Again I apologize again for being so curt but the only one who ever says any thing of substance is Derek and JC Johnson.

If all this is driven by money then no wonder Matt whatever his name is changed it to Money Maker.

Sorry but I am getting tired of waiting with Great Videos supposedly existing, and Bigfoot steaks and hundreds of DNA samples and 2-4 Being shot every year, etc etc and all we

have is the Patterson Gimlin film from 40 years ago.

One thing I dont understand? Why all the NDA's???? Seems like a lame excuse not to show some real scientific info. I have been a Naval Scientist for 30 years and I have never

seen scientists or researchers so eager to cover themselves with legal prit prat. Sure some of us have applied and received patents but we got small rewards like little letters in a plaque.

I believe there are going to be one or two people who will cash in but that will be it. We are all sitting around waiting for a DNA report to be issued in the fall or the first of the year, or the beginning

of next year. I cant believe we have 30-50 people all sitting on real evidence that are all covered by a NDA. Are we scientists? or are we all PT Barnums? I am disappointed. I understand keeping things

under a lid for classified issues and National security but this is ridiculous. IF this is REAL then SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMEHOW have real evidence that isnt covered by an NDA OR we are all getting ready

to fall for another Rubber suit. I dont want to sound like a jerk, but I know I do. HOWEVER as a scientist I cant tell you how disappointed I am in my fellow brethren in lab coats. I did a two year study for

our special forces and since it didnt concern National security I submitted a paper and delivered it before I had even drawn a conclusion on my success

I apologize for sounding like a jerk and being so curt but I dont know any other way to say it. I have never seen anyone so driven on profit or money in any other field in my

limited access to other fields but this is getting ridiculous. Again I apologize again for being so curt but the only one who ever says any thing of substance is Derek and JC Johnson.

If all this is driven by money then no wonder Matt whatever his name is changed it to Money Maker.

Sorry but I am getting tired of waiting with Great Videos supposedly existing, and Bigfoot steaks and hundreds of DNA samples and 2-4 Being shot every year, etc etc and all we

This is real evidence, and hard evidence for any other living thing on the planet except bigfoot. I could tell you everything I think about it, where it comes from, who has tested it, what the results are, why it couldn't be anything else but bigfoot, Then you'd turn around and say , "who are you" ? got a PHD or something? Where is your proof of this? I'd have to tell you nope, no PHD, the proof is in the paper, then you would blow it all off. It wouldn't get us anywhere.

post-215-016956000 1313029348_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest Forbig

What is up with all this conspiracy chatter and projects that end up going nowhere anymore? I'm begining to believe it's all just a game for reasons I don't quite understand yet.

PaulGT3:

The NDA is a business instrument, essentially, and somebody put up some seriosu money to cover the research costs, and thus wants to have some measure of control of that information the money paid to learn. It's just a comment on the modern world where research need sprivate funding and the private funding wants some control to potentially recover the investment by a TV program or DVD sale or book release that discloses the info the investment paid for.

Lacking the NDA's the info could be released in ways that undermine the prospect of recovering the investment.

Bottom line, the NDA thing is a money/business issue.

Bill

• Upvote 2

My question when evryone was calling the piece of flesh a steak is "Iwonder what it tases like?" I have eaten all kinds of wildlife but have never had any Sas. One day maybe. Edited by dxtsniper

First of all I'd like to say that I talked to Melba today. I asked about the progress of the paper and the study. She said that it will, or at least should be done, over and out by the end of the year. That came from her mouth. I and most other people assumed that the paper is in peer review but she did not confirm this. She did state that the last delays were due to more samples that we, The Olympic project turned in. My apologies to everybody but science is science. She can't be rushed to make everybody happy and I can respect that. This could well be the discovery of the century and it needs to be thorough, and complete.

Forbig, I can assure you this is no game.

PaulGT3, Do you seriously expect her to present an incomplete study? She is in no way toying with everyone, the paper needs to make it through peer review before it's presented. As a scientist you know this.

As far as the Erickson footage goes I totally hear you. I really want to see it too, but I'm pretty sure Adrians waiting for the study to come out so it all can be presented at the same time. I don't know this for sure but It makes sense to me.

PacNWSquatcher, as far as I know he did not have any blood work done after the fact. I did just spend a few days with him and he seemed very healthy to me.

ptangier, The general has stated more than once that mistakes were made. He honestly wishes this would never have happened. If any law enforcement contacts him he will cooperate fully. Pointing out what he did wrong at this point is redundant. He was in an impossible situation that felt more like a nightmare than anything else. He's not ducking or hiding from anything. He's been painfully honest from the beginning and I respect that. No I can't prove it but I 100% believe him, and again, I know the test results.

Edited by Derekfoot

SSR Team

Thanks very much for the update Derek.

Just one quickie from me.

Do you know if the Paper will consist of your OP's Samples aswell as the Erickson Projects Samples aswell as Paulides & others that may be submitted ??

I'm just unaware of the process of it all & wondered if it would be being done seperately by the different people that submitted samples with seperate reviews on each Project for example, or all grouped as one to get to the " final Goal " ??

Excuse my ignorance, i haven't a clue how this type of stuff would be done..

Edited by BobbyO

Nondisclosure agreements are real normal.

Can't get your hopes up too much when concrete evidence is so long promised and so not in evidence. It would be more appropriate to keep it under wraps until the ducks are all in a row and ready for their debut. And if a big event is not shortly forthcoming, I can't imagine what they are thinking. I am not qualified to make that diagnosis. If this is their way of getting publicity ahead of the big event, I don't like it.

King- I have not heard Dr. Ketchum say too much about anything other to answer a question or two when directly asked, like Derek did. The only one talking about this is us, a few who have sent in samples but can't really discuss their results( either because of an NDA or they don't have them yet), and a disgruntled so called investor who didn't get his name on the paper. The real folks doing the work aren't talking and can't be held accountable for those that do.....at least that is what I see of the situation.

Derek...I'm not sure if this would be protected under the NDA, but were there any creeks, rivers, or drainages coming down from a higher elevation, relative to the position of the Sasquatches, in the general vicinity of the shooting?(Withing a mile or two) I've postulated since day one that they travel waterways for reasons such as path of least resistance, navigational paths from higher elevation to lower, it leaves no evidence(footprints,scat)of travel, open canopy allows moonlight to light the trail, so to speak, and allows easier pack of deer, or elk back to home range, or dwelling for family/group members, their huge feet and overall size makes walking waterways relatively easy, etc. This question, in no way, is a feeler for the actual location of the shootings..I'm a Mt.Rainier area guy, and the location has no bearing on my life whatsoever. Just curious. Also...Do you guys(Olympic Project) aim any camera traps towards any waterways? Thanks for your time, brutha, and once again...All apologies for my overall naysayer attitude towards this whole event in the earlier SF post! I was wrong to criticize anyone's intent/account with only fragments of the account, based on conjecture of a less than credible source. Still waiting on DNA to start rubbing it in all of my buddies/colleagues faces, though, but am leaning towards the side of the fence that the glass half-full kats are grazing in. :) I'm taking you, and General for your word as a good, honest, country boys, such as myself, so I wish you guys the best...Still think the .25/06 is an odd choice for an every day bear hunting rifle, but that's a discussion for another day. ;)

Edited by PacNWSquatcher